The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi - Part Bam - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that's how I'll feel after seeing TASM as well. That Garfield's performance will be fine, but that I'll prefer Tobey over him anyway. Or that they'll be different enough that they aren't really comparable.

Was he super awkward and hipster-esque?

Because I never understood the need to make Peter Parker into an awkward outcast. He's a nerd, not a loner.

Ugh, it sounds like I may have underestimated how emo they're making Peter.

All Tobey needed to do in Spidey 2 was cry and he would drown the fusion powered sun. :oldrazz:

I still love Spidey 2 though.

Completely agree, now mind you, even with the minimal amount of footage we have seen from TDKR, I think its been just a tad much (for me). But I know those clips are for us of course but mainly for the GA, who doesnt get effected by such things as seeing spoilers. For them it just encourages them to want to see the movie more I think.

The differece with us and the general audience is that while they are just becoming aware of this movie maybe over the last few months, we have been following these movies with a passion in our hearts for years.

Yeah, but I think it's doing a good job of satisfying both.

I mean, giving a fifth of your movie in marketing is not a good idea, nor is falsely advertising something as an "untold story." :whatever:

Ugh, it sounds like I may have underestimated how emo they're making Peter.

Hey, don't take my word for it, I still have to see it next week. But that's all I've gotten from the clips and the reviews.

All Tobey needed to do in Spidey 2 was cry and he would drown the fusion powered sun. :oldrazz:

I still love Spidey 2 though.

Horrid, though? Really? :dry:

They shot themselves in the foot with that "untold story" crap. I'm not a Spidey purist so I can live with it, but I'm not a fan of making so many changes to someones origines. Especially someone as iconic as Spidey.

Let me ask this...

Did TASM even really need a re-telling of the origin? How different would it be if we got a movie for Spiderman where he was already established as a crime fighter. Do you think that would work? Or do you think people need to be spoon fed the origin story with every new re-make or re-boot?

Ha, you probably have to rename that gif, cause there's a curse word in it. :hehe:

http://www.storminforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spider-*****.gif

What a hero... :p

They shot themselves in the foot with that "untold story" crap. I'm not a Spidey purist so I can live with it, but I'm not a fan of making so many changes to someones origines. Especially someone as iconic as Spidey.

Let me ask this...

Did TASM even really need a re-telling of the origin? How different would it be if we got a movie for Spiderman where he was already established as a crime fighter. Do you think that would work? Or do you think people need to be spoon fed the origin story with every new re-make or re-boot?

Well, I sure as hell think it would work, but Sony obviously doesn't. I just want my Kraven's Last Hunt film and I'll be happy.
Yes.

spidey-*****.gif

Image link fail. Opinion invalidated. :o

Me..pay money..for TASM..on blu-ray no less?! Madness. I'll catch it online.

:funny:

http://www.storminforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spider-*****.gif

What a hero... :p

A gif from Spidey 3 no less...

:whatever:

Oh no, Jonny you did not just say Spidey>X-men!! :argh:

Well, I myself would have to watch the X films again to get a refresher on their quality, but I also slightly prefer Spidey. Very slightly.

XnRiv.gif

Image link working. Opinion Validated. :o

Hilarious. I haven't seen that posted a thousand times before to prove the point that "teh Toby is horrible!!!!11". FFS, you can't even spell his goddamn name right! :oldrazz:

I'll be catching TASM over the weekend.

X-Men = Three Great Films. Spidey = Two Great Films.

X-MEN Wins!

X3 is a horrifically bad film.

I guess you can count First Class, but still. SM3 > X3. At least SM3 has some entertainment to be had. X3 was so terrible it can't be salvaged by any sort of saving grace.

X3 is a horrifically bad film.

I guess you can count First Class, but still. SM3 > X3. At least SM3 has some entertainment to be had. X3 was so terrible it can't be salvaged by any sort of saving grace.

I like X-Men 3 :dry:

:dry:
:barf:

Well if you're comparing trilogies, I very, very slightly prefer Raimi's Spidey trilogy in that X3 is not even marginally entertaining/interesting/good.

I like SM3...:woot:

Ha, well that's not an awful opinion to hold. However, if you liked X3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"