The Xbox One - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how long the wait will be to get a system? Since they are not taking any payments for opening day.

This was on Joystiq . Sorry about the pic.

Walmart still taking PS4 and Xbox One bundle pre-orders

(3 hours ago)

GameStop isn't the only retailer with available next-gen consoles for pre-order, as Walmart still is still offering both stand-alone systems and value bundles. While Walmart doesn't have any standard Xbox One systems available for pre-order, it is still offering up PlayStation 4 consoles with free shipping.

The retailer also has two PS4 bundles priced $459 and $517 respectively, each packing in additional DualShock 4 controllers, cameras and/or games. Walmart also has two Xbox One bundles for $559 and $617 respectively, the former giving players an option between an additional controller or a game, and the latter including an extra controller with the option of any Xbox One game. Every bundle includes free shipping, in which buyers will receive their systems before December 25.

Getting tired of xbox live and all of their security questions. Just let me play my game.
Its incredibly annoying. It asks me for a different email address/phone number each time. I've been gaming more offline because of that stupid prompt.

You can ignore that prompt by cancelling out of it. I was getting it every day and I don't get it any more even though I didn't change anything.

so do we know yet if the X1 can play audio cds and mp3 files?

can it play mp4 video files?

I am still curious if it plays 3D Blu-Rays but I am guessing not.
Was hoping to move my Blu-ray player to another room once I got the Xbox One.

what about the X1 playing audio Cds, mp3 files, and mp4 video files??

do we know about that?

Yeah, I can't believe Sony did that to the PS4. Very very odd, if you ask me. Hopefully the new XBOX will let you.

It can, sort of, but not on it's own:

While Xbox One supports audio CD playback, it does not support CD ripping, a spokesperson said, a feature of the Xbox 360. It also doesn't support MP3 or AAC playback from devices like the iPod, iPhone, Zune or Windows Phone over USB. A statement notes that Xbox Music, which carries a $9.99 monthly subscription, will deliver "unlimited ad-free music through a Xbox Music Pass subscription" on Xbox One

Sony announced some details on things the Playstation 4 can and can't do, and I had sent a question over to Microsoft about whether the Xbox One would be able to beat those features. I've just now received an answer and, yes, the Xbox One can play audio CDs.

The system is also DLNA compatible, and they're in the process of being certified. As for mp3 playback… well, that's kind of a mixed bag. The system is a Play To receiver, so you'll be able to stream your content to the Xbox One using any Play To supported devices such as a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 enabled PC, Windows Phone, etc.

ah, I see. thanks.

that's unfortunate. that doesn't make the X1 any more appealing than the PS4 at the moment.

Considering that there are rumors Sony might add mp3 support to the PS4, I'm going to just sit back and watch and let all of this play itself out. In their current states, neither system is that appealing to me.

and still, neither side has said if their consoles can play mp4 video files.

another reason to wait........

I don't see why that's important. Just listen to the game's music or plug in some earphones.

I don't see why that's important. Just listen to the game's music or plug in some earphones.

Other people play differently than you. I certainly would like the feature. For instance, I like listening to music or podcasts when doing collectibles in games. I like to just have the option of playing music through my xbox and hear it through the headset I already have on. It's just more convinient.

I already subscribe to xbox music and two things that bug me about it are; 1. You have to be in the app to listen to music and 2. No Rammstein.

It'ss a nice feature to have for those that like it and the only reason they are removing it is so people have to buy the music pass in order to listen to music on the xbox.

It can, sort of, but not on it's own:
that's almost as bad as Sony's and Im more surprised in MS considering their system is what is actually being touted as a media device.

I do hate that both are trying to force their music services in order to get you to utilize music functionality on their platforms. Neither has everything and you are potentially left out of a big chunk of content you'd want to play on the system bc of this

• Don't Judge Next Gen By Its Launch Games

Feature
    on Nov 07, 2013 at 04:20 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png

New consoles are always exciting, but we need to remember to stay patient while we wait for them to hit their stride.
    ... More

and

source: GI

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can ask the Xbox to watch specific channels or do you have to use your remote after you switch to TV?

Playstation face buttons in an Xbox Trailer.

Yea you don't even need to see the face buttons. The XB1 version looks like a PS1 version compared to the PS4's visuals. I mean thats how far apart the two consoles are. Its uncanny.

Well, it's official. My 360 can now only be used as a way to party chat. The disc drive just crapped the bed. Good timing man, the PS4 is only a few days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"