The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. it's about finding the best bang for my buck.

If I'm going to get the 500gb X1, then I want an external drive for extra storage.

and I want to find a good quality brand at a reasonable price.

Why don't you cross that bridge when you actually get to it? Ya know, actually get an xbox one first, then actually use the thing and then after all of that, if you still need extra space, go find a good external HDD.

Why don't you cross that bridge when you actually get to it? Ya know, actually get an xbox one first, then actually use the thing and then after all of that, if you still need extra space, go find a good external HDD.

:hmm

Well, I'm hoping to pick up an Xbone for about 300 come black friday.

I am also going to try to get 5-6 good games for a 100 bucks.

Wolfenstein, Dead Rising 3, Black Flag, etc. Maybe even Diablo III.

I am curious to see what Destiny will drop to. I could actually see it hit 30 or 25, since it's basically designed like a free to play game, where you have to pay for everything after you buy it.

As long as they can get it in your house.

Last edited:
I think Destiny will drop fast partly because it sold so many copies and there will be a lot of copies offered for sale by those who were looking for a story or top multiplayer. I don't know about at retail new but on ebay at least. Some of those other games you mention should be a good price by then.

I don't really mind paying 60 dollars for a great game, or a good game with great value.

And much though I was upset with Destiny, I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy some of the gameplay (though certainly not the level designs). If I could pick up a copy for 20 I probably would. Or even 25.

Unity will probably be the only "new" game on sale, but I don't mind paying full price for a game like the Halo collection.

I expect Wolfenstein, Black Flag, Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed to be 15. Diablo III may come down to 30. Dead Rising is an odd one, since it hasn't devalued as much as other games, but I see it hitting the 20 mark. I might pick up Ryse for 10 bucks.

I like co-op with a friend on Destiny. With randoms it has been terrible most of the time. But the rest of the game didn't live up to my huge expectations. And I've only bought 2 games in the last 6 or 7 months while I try to clear my backlog (and then suddenly got super busy) so it was doubly disappointing. I haven't sold it though as it will be fun again when other friends start buying it.

All those are games I would get.

I am curious to see what Destiny will drop to. I could actually see it hit 30 or 25, since it's basically designed like a free to play game, where you have to pay for everything after you buy it.

You think the X1 will drop to $300 on BF??

I could see maybe $350, but I'd be very surprised to see it at $300.

I'd probably jump at that again, too, for that price.

though, ideally, I wish they'd announce a standalone 1tb model in time for the holidays.

What is the full US price at the moment?

I'll eat some virtual crow if wrong but you are not going to see the Xbox One for $300 at any retailer this BF. That would essentially amount to two price cuts of $100 in a year. MS aint doing that. At most, you'll see the current $400 with a couple of free games thrown in. Maybe like $25 off, but $100? Not likely. I cant think of a console that chopped off that much off their base model for BF.

I could see stores like Best Buy offering a bundle deal.

The X1 + free game of your choice + 12 months of Live ( or 3 months ).

that way, the console is discounted without actually getting a price cut.

I'll eat some virtual crow if wrong but you are not going to see the Xbox One for $300 at any retailer this BF. That would essentially amount to two price cuts of $100 in a year. MS aint doing that. At most, you'll see the current $400 with a couple of free games thrown in. Maybe like $25 off, but $100? Not likely. I cant think of a console that chopped off that much off their base model for BF.

Well, not officially anyway.

That's never stopped me before.

Only a sucker pays full price.

Fry's was offering Xbox One's with a game, and a kinect for 399. I was really tempted with that.

Though for the record, I admit that 300 is ambitious. But authorized buyers on eBay regularly sell it for 360. So, 300 is possible, given that the Xbone is selling rather poorly.

350 is the most I would pay.

yeah, $350 is the lowest I can see them going.

besides, offering a free game with the console is already like discounting it up to $60 off. so, assuming you got a $60 game free, that's like getting the console for $340.

I have to disagree with that line of thinking, because games devalue very quickly now. Plus most games simply aren't worth 60 dollars. So, unless it's a game like... let's say Halo 5, or Red Dead Whatever, it's probably not worth 60 bucks.

Now, if I see a Xbox One with a decent game and a kinect for 400, I think I will jump on that.

Bear in mind that I am a cheapskate.

I'd be willing to go up to $450 for just a standard 1tb black console and no free game.

$500 would be pushing it. at that price I kind of want a free game or a free something with it.

keep in mind, I have several gift cards and store credit, which helps A LOT to bring the cost down.

and that's a main reason why I'm willing to get an X1. I just don't want to pay full price......lol.

based on my calculations, if I just bought the $400 console + extended warranty, after tax and gift cards, the total for the console would be around $120.

then, get some games on sale during BF, and maybe an external drive, too, if it's on sale for a really good price.

it's just......I don't know if I want to wade into the hassle and chaos that is BF.

any console deal would surely go fast on that day. as would the really good game deals.

Last edited:
I really cant wait until everyone here stops talking about 'getting' an X1 and just goes out and buys the damn thing.

Then we can all talk about what issues we have with the console and rather or not we should send it back or return it after a 24 hour period.

Last edited:
Well it's not my fault Black Friday is in November, and the good games don't come out until then!

I really cant wait until everyone here stops talking about 'getting' an X1 and just goes out and buys the damn thing.

Then we can all talk about what issues we have with the console and rather or not we should send it back or return it after a 24 hour period.

:o

:halo:

Well it's not my fault Black Friday is in November, and the good games don't come out until then!

Haha. Man dont remind me about BF. I haven't worked a Black Friday in two years, but this year I will be working. Needless to say im not really looking forward to it. Particularly because I know my client base is going to be big on the mobile phones and tablets and I hate selling those damn things.

Well, online is pretty good too. You guys need to talk to me.

I had one guy on here tell me he actually bought a DS4 for 60 dollars.

I bought mine for 35. Go figure, the PS4 I buy for full price doesn't work, but the DS4 I get for a steal, flawless.

Well, online is pretty good too. You guys need to talk to me.

I had one guy on here tell me he actually bought a DS4 for 60 dollars.

I bought mine for 35. Go figure, the PS4 I buy for full price doesn't work, but the DS4 I get for a steal, flawless.

is that what they call.........Thundercrack luck?? :word: :oldrazz:

Haha. Man dont remind me about BF. I haven't worked a Black Friday in two years, but this year I will be working. Needless to say im not really looking forward to it. Particularly because I know my client base is going to be big on the mobile phones and tablets and I hate selling those damn things.

just curious, but do you get paid extra for working the BF shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"