The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and is it true that the X1 has a built in upscaler?

so, even if the game's native resolution is 900p, the X1 will upscale it to 1080p anyways? so essentially what your eyes see on screen will be 1080p?

oh, and is it true that the X1 has a built in upscaler?

so, even if the game's native resolution is 900p, the X1 will upscale it to 1080p anyways? so essentially what your eyes see on screen will be 1080p?

Well yes. The system only outputs at a resolution of 480p, 720p, 1080p and 4K. 900p falls between 720p and 1080p and since the system wont downgrade the image, it is automatically upscaled to 1080p

Well yes. The system only outputs at a resolution of 480p, 720p, 1080p and 4K. 900p falls between 720p and 1080p and since the system wont downgrade the image, it is automatically upscaled to 1080p

ah. I see. thanks.

does the PS4 do that, too?

Black Friday makes me want to burn down retail shops.

Thank heavens I'm out of retail.

I don't even go to shops. Online deals are pretty good too.

But it just doesn't make sense to me to buy something now, when I can get it for 20%, or even nearly 50% off in a month.

just curious, but do you get paid extra for working the BF shift?

Not a damn dime, at least at my place of work. I wouldnt doubt if other, less awful places paid their employees extra.

Haha I just got back in. Ugh, not looking forward to it. Altho I'll have a few employees under me, so delegation it will be.

well.......that sucks. :(

Yea if you stay just a minute over your scheduled time, corporate freaks out, so I doubt they'd give their employees any extra money for working what they consider a standard work day. I was told our store doesn't do much on BF any way, but we still have to do a special opening for it.

If you put out a tip jar, I'd probably throw a few dollars in it.

Hah I wish I could man. That sucker would fill up pretty fast as our customers generally seem pleased to shop with us. We as the employees get treated like garbage, but we sure as hell don't pass that on to the customers, at least not at my location

I guess I kind of always assumed companies would pay their employees extra on that day, especially with the early/late extended hours on that day.

or if you work Thanksgiving ( which is becoming a trend ), they'd pay you extra on that day, too.

anyways, a week ago I posted that in Brazil, there's talk of a White 500gb Halo MCC bundle - with no plans for a US release.

Now, in Austria ( I think ), there's talk of an Assassin's Creed Unity bundle. with a Black 500gb console + ACU + AC Black Flag.

still no word on a black 1tb console, though.........:(

So, I remember Xbox One installs being a big topic at one point in here. MGSV installed for me super fast, but it was apparently a pretty small install compared to most. Got another game on disc today: The Evil Within. It's installing now, almost finished. I'd say it only took about 15 minutes.

Maybe they've changed something on that front with an update. Has anyone installed a game recently (after accepting all updates) that took a life age of the earth like it used to?

So, I remember Xbox One installs being a big topic at one point in here. MGSV installed for me super fast, but it was apparently a pretty small install compared to most. Got another game on disc today: The Evil Within. It's installing now, almost finished. I'd say it only took about 15 minutes.

what's the file size for Evil Within?

and is 15 minutes the time it takes for it to fully install? or the time it takes before you can start playing it?

were you able to start playing within a few minutes?

I installed The Evil Within. It took about 10-15 min.

what's the file size for Evil Within?

and is 15 minutes the time it takes for it to fully install? or the time it takes before you can start playing it?

Fully install. Not sure on how big it is, honestly. Not 100% how to check it

I installed The Evil Within. It took about 10-15 min.

were you able to start playing before it fully installed?

Fully install. Not sure on how big it is, honestly. Not 100% how to check it

ah. ok.

I looked online and I think it's 40gbs?

And 10-15 minutes for a full install for a 40gb file isn't too bad. it's not as fast as the few minutes on the PS4. but, it's certainly a lot better than the reports of 45 minutes, 90 minutes, or several hours that I read about.

I can live with a 10-15 min average install time.

Last edited:
anyways, a week ago I posted that in Brazil, there's talk of a White 500gb Halo MCC bundle - with no plans for a US release.

Now, in Austria ( I think ), there's talk of an Assassin's Creed Unity bundle. with a Black 500gb console + ACU + AC Black Flag.

still no word on a black 1tb console, though.........:(

Which sounds awesome until you look up how much it costs in Brazil.

Still, I want that bundle!

I wouldn't be opposed to such a bundle, especially if the games are actual discs.

cuz I definitely don't want Black Flag again. I couldn't get into that game. If the bundled game is a disc, I could sell/trade it in.

just not that into pirates.....lol.

but Unity definitely looks more interesting.

For 830 dollars it better be a disc.

Granted, that's actually a steal by Brazilian standards. Tariffs, man.

it's amazing how much some of these electronics cost (in equivalent dollars) in other countries!

Yet oddly in Japan, of all places, they cost the same. Though blu-rays, Jesus Christ, blu-ray prices in Japan are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"