The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold + Silver combined.
So a hell of a lot of people (over 30m if counting multiple Live accounts per console) with not even free Silver accounts? Seems weird but if true, most (or pretty much all) of those won't be always-online fans & upgrading to 720!

Last edited:
$500? That's an unpleasant rumor. I'll wait for confirmation before I get too ticked off, but that's one more mark against Xbox in my book

Yeah...these consoles are gonna have to stay 399.99 tops. 500-600 anymore? Kiss it.

Rumor checklist

_ Constant internet access requirement (1, 2)
_ Pre-owned/used games unusable (may be usable for additional fee) (1)
_ No backward compatibility with Xbox 360 (1, 2)
_ Mandatory Kinect (comes with system)
_ Blu-ray disk drive (1)
_ $500, $300+subscription (1)

As far as success goes, MS reportedly spent 500 million dollars to promote just the Kinect years ago. Girl god Justin Bieber was out there conning convincing young girls' parents into buying into it. Pretty much all the people (mostly women) that I know that bought the Kinect stopped using it after a few months. I think the combination of novelty and buying it (as well as the Wii) as a piece of exercise equipment caused it to be successful but with a short personal shelf-life in many instances.

Last edited:
Kinect is quite like the wii. Great concept...terrible (really terrible) games for the most part. The movement tech is very good (I'd like to see the tech jump again for next gen) but still not really relevant for AAA games without some kind of controller. And agreed, selling casual products 2nd time around (wii U after wii) is very difficult..probably why the new Kinect is integrated.

Kinect voice is good though. This is all that's really used in proper games and when MS say Kinect as mandatory I think they're talking about that.

Expanding on my last post, it's pretty clear to me a lot of the success of the Wii and X-Box in the latter half of its life has been due to women. So, the question is, what makes any of these new devices a must-own for women? Having a device that has a gender gap is a missed opportunity.

Um..Not sure IF that's good/bad or just pointless

I don't/won't have cable, so that doesn't mean **** to me. Does this Xbox play games? I don't recall reading anything about that.

Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft

Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft
Good. Im glad he got fired. He was WAY too arrogant and too much of a *****e. You know what they say about karma...

2i9me61.jpg

LOL...found that online

Last edited:
Good. Im glad he got fired. He was WAY too arrogant and too much of a *****e. You know what they say about karma...

2i9me61.jpg

LOL...found that online

Some of those are pretty good. :funny:

Remember when phones were just phones. "All I want to do is make bloody calls!" And suddenly Apple went to being the company with the biggest market cap in the world (not any more) in a period of just over 5 years.

Multimedia features outside of those 100% natural to the base device are the big win story of recent times and any hardware producer would be an idiot to ignore that. These are features that aren't for everyone but like the PS3's blu-ray player they make the hardware amazing value for money (& helps toward consolidation of devices) for those interested in those features. And value for money is still key, otherwise every serious gamer would already have a top gaming pc and would be buying all consoles, no decision to make. In the UK I can watch all Sky channels through my XBox and a family subscription in a different house saving myself more than the full price of the XBox every year. No brainer even if I never intended to play a single game.

I don't/won't have cable, so that doesn't mean **** to me. Does this Xbox play games? I don't recall reading anything about that.
If you don't/won't have cable then it's not meant to mean **** to you. Same as if you're not into driving games and the next Forza is the best game of all time it won't mean **** to you. :yay:

This is actually the source article for the one I just posted. :up:

I don't really get why noone wants to wait for Microsoft's clarification on what always online means or used games etc. Are people not used to how rumours work? I mean we're on a superhero film news forum, we see more ******** than most. :woot:

I can see them really going for the kill in the TV market and the Kinect being used to manage multimedia rather than being the big burden many are expecting. Just speak the film/TV series & episode you want to watch and instant stream..that kind of thing.

Does this Xbox play games? I don't recall reading anything about that.

Microsoft Rep: "We're very happy to reveal the next generation of our Xbox line. Our next system will be in direct competition with both Sony and Apple. With our upcoming system, integration of social networking and multimedia will be a possibility the likes you've never seen. Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube instantaneously, in the palm of your hands.

"Speaking of Youtube, we are very happy to announce our deals with Hulu, Redbox, and Netflix. Now all of the most popular ways to watch television and movies will be accessible to you in just one box.

"Cable and satellite will also be a standard with our machine. We will be offering bundles to let you, our consumer, enjoy all your favorite shows, from True Blood to Game of Thrones to Spartacus.

"We've also implemented a new interface for our next Kinect system. The system will include built-in Kinect features, and the system itself will be greatly buffed with the next Kinect in mind from the ground up.

"With these very exciting features, heard here for the first time, I'm happy to take any questions from the audience now."

Attendant: "Does it play video games?"

Microsoft Rep: "Who are you?! WHO SENT YOU!? Sony?! You workin' for Sony? Security! SECURITY!!!"

Remember when phones were just phones. "All I want to do is make bloody calls!" And suddenly Apple went to being the company with the biggest market cap in the world (not any more) in a period of just over 5 years.

Multimedia features outside of those 100% natural to the base device are the big win story of recent times and any hardware producer would be an idiot to ignore that. These are features that aren't for everyone but like the PS3's blu-ray player they make the hardware amazing value for money (& helps toward consolidation of devices) for those interested in those features. And value for money is still key, otherwise every serious gamer would already have a top gaming pc and would be buying all consoles, no decision to make. In the UK I can watch all Sky channels through my XBox and a family subscription in a different house saving myself more than the full price of the XBox every year. No brainer even if I never intended to play a single game.

If you don't/won't have cable then it's not meant to mean **** to you. Same as if you're not into driving games and the next Forza is the best game of all time it won't mean **** to you. :yay:

Agreed. Just don't try to use reason with ign users :funny:

Microsoft Rep: "We're very happy to reveal the next generation of our Xbox line. Our next system will be in direct competition with both Sony and Apple. With our upcoming system, integration of social networking and multimedia will be a possibility the likes you've never seen. Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube instantaneously, in the palm of your hands.

"Speaking of Youtube, we are very happy to announce our deals with Hulu, Redbox, and Netflix. Now all of the most popular ways to watch television and movies will be accessible to you in just one box.

"Cable and satellite will also be a standard with our machine. We will be offering bundles to let you, our consumer, enjoy all your favorite shows, from True Blood to Game of Thrones to Spartacus.

"We've also implemented a new interface for our next Kinect system. The system will include built-in Kinect features, and the system itself will be greatly buffed with the next Kinect in mind from the ground up.

"With these very exciting features, heard here for the first time, I'm happy to take any questions from the audience now."

Attendant: "Does it play video games?"

Microsoft Rep: "Who are you?! WHO SENT YOU!? Sony?! You workin' for Sony? Security! SECURITY!!!"

I knew it!

hahaha awesome that the guy got fired, man he deserved it big time, he embarassed himself and the company. Of course the system will play games but thats not what sells a console anymore at least for me. I thought the ps4 was about as blah as blah can be. Sure it has great graphics, yeah I was expecting that. Graphics aren't a big deal anymore and system exclusive games are going to be a near complete thing of the past, its now all about what the system can do.

hahaha awesome that the guy got fired, man he deserved it big time, he embarassed himself and the company. Of course the system will play games but thats not what sells a console anymore at least for me. I thought the ps4 was about as blah as blah can be. Sure it has great graphics, yeah I was expecting that. Graphics aren't a big deal anymore and system exclusive games are going to be a near complete thing of the past, its now all about what the system can do.
What makes you say that? As an 360 owner, the lack of exclusives the past few years has been pretty frustrating compared to Sony.

Exclusives have become less important and less relevant over the years. There are far fewer this generation than previous ones. Game developers and publishers have seen how stupid it is to have misguided allegiance to hardware manufacturers when they can double or even triple their profits by releasing their games on multiple platforms. It's good for gamers too since more of us have access to more great games.

There will always be some exclusives here and there, and to be honest they're going to become a little more prominent in the next couple of years than they have in the past several with Microsoft and Sony trying to entice people to buy into their consoles. However, the days of having huge libraries of games that are exclusive to one platform or another are gone, and we're better for it.

Wait a minute was adam orth and that hats_off guy who posted here...one and the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"