The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ability to play games will cost you extra.....Deal With It.....:o

Wait a minute was adam orth and that hats_off guy who posted here...one and the same?

wee-bey-gif.gif

Oh man, I thought it was going to be a new trailer. :funny:

That idiot probably did more damage to Durango than Sony has all year.

Did anyone read the new xbox news? That they're probably releasing a 100 dollar 360 with no disc drive and that is where the always online is coming from?
It can be attached to durango to play 360 games with discs. Used games still work fine on durango.;

I did try and put it in bold but that kind of things gets missed in the rail against Microsoft. :yay:

Even the comments sections of a lot of articles I've seen ignore the content of the actual article they're commenting on and repeat the same complaints that the article says are not happening!

Yeah, I really hope that all holds up. I'm only getting ONE machine right away...Seeing how I have a loyalty to the Master Chief...I do hope it's the 720...

I have that same loyalty to the Gears of War universe (although Judgment didn't live up to that at all) so I'm pretty much getting the next XBox whatever & everything else later.. but that doesn't mean I'm going to give Microsoft credit where it's not due or not call them out when they deserve it. The time for that is after their conference...right now it's just a big game of Chinese whispers with ZERO facts which is great if like me you enjoy all that crap & not so much for people who put too much stock into them/aren't having fun during it.

All the negatives about the next XBox could even be true but this is a new generation tech device & there will be aspects to it that are not predictable by anyone who isn't working on it. Those negatives might work in ways that don't really affect us & actually have big unforeseen benefits. Or it could be a complete disaster! It just sounds silly when I see the comments sections of every new article filled with people who've convinced themselves that everything reported is a fact when at the moment, none of it is.

Indeed...The rumors suck but they are just that right now.. Rumors. I can't imagine GameStop being to happy with it if it blocked used games and I'm sure they would have seemed less thrilled if that was the case after seeing it.

I heard their conference was pushed back to May now. Anyone else hear that?

Yeah, I heard that. It makes me wonder if the delay was due to the overwhelmingly negative response to these rumors to see if they could nix some of their original plans, assuming the rumors were true.

Yes, from multiple sources. May 21 is the rumoured date now i believe.

Yeah, I heard that. It makes me wonder if the delay was due to the overwhelmingly negative response to these rumors to see if they could nix some of their original plans, assuming the rumors were true.
Certainly a possibility. If true why not lol. Exactly what they should do if they see that they've F'd up and certain elements will be a lot more unpopular than they expected.

But also many other possible reasons for it. Any part of the presentation or hardware/software that wasn't quite ready to be unveiled could convince the decision makers to play it safe. This conference is the 1st event for this thing and it's more important to get it right than to get it on time.

well, if anything, this next gen of consoles will be very interesting.

in many ways, it kind of makes me yearn for the gaming days of yore, like the days of NES and SNES, when gaming consoles were just that.........gaming consoles.

things were a lot simpler back then..........lol

Certainly a possibility. If true why not lol. Exactly what they should do if they see that they've F'd up and certain elements will be a lot more unpopular than they expected.

But also many other possible reasons for it. Any part of the presentation or hardware/software that wasn't quite ready to be unveiled could convince the decision makers to play it safe. This conference is the 1st event for this thing and it's more important to get it right than to get it on time.

True.

To be honest, the thing I'm most looking forward to is just seeing more next gen games at the Durango unveiling. There will undoubtedly be at least a couple of big game announcements.

There are rumours Sony will also have another conference in May before E3.

I did read that about a week ago also. Was talked about as a possible counter conference to the XBox one so it would be somewhere between the XBox conf & E3. But only read that in one place so not holding out for it till I hear more.

True.

To be honest, the thing I'm most looking forward to is just seeing more next gen games at the Durango unveiling. There will undoubtedly be at least a couple of big game announcements.
Yeah & it's that much closer to E3 & launch that more multiplatform games will likely have more to show, if Microsoft choose to show them. Sure many will be saved for E3 but there will be at least a few big hitters in there. I also hope that with this delay we get to see the console...& that it doesn't look like ****!

I wouldn't be shocked if we got footage of Launch Titles at the early conference. Also wouldn't be TOO shocked if we got a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"