The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll both launch at roughly the same price. Whatever they announce early I expect to be amended to closer to their competitor's price by launch day.

Yeah, we'll probably see some launch titles. They probably won't label them as such though. I however would be very shocked if we get a price. That's very strategic information and both companies will wait as long as possible to reveal it because they hope the other will go first so they can nudge their price accordingly to have an advantage over their competitor.

As if to prove the point that always online gaming isn't smart, Xbox Live is down today and I can't do a goddamn thing with my console. I could play single player games, but I don't have any (or I've already dominated them all). I can't even mindlessly play Spartan Ops on Halo 4 because it requires a connection to Xbox Live. No Netflix, No Hulu. It's pretty damned annoying. I can only imagine with the next Xbox having this happen, and having my Xbox by 100% unplayable. That'll be rad.

When PSN is down for maintenance, which is often, Netflix and Hulu don't work either because they need your PSN account signed-in for authorization. But at least it's not an additional $60 a year for PSN to access third party apps. I hate this crap of having the device manufacturers' service so tightly tied to third party apps. Watching Netflix or Hulu on other devices don't have this stupid, stupid limitation.

Should be back Matt in case you still wanted to get on. I've been playing for 20 mins or so.

Yeah always online has been almost universally agreed on as a bad thing for a games console in 2013. Of course we don't know how/if always online will be incorporated into the next XBox but if we're putting stock into rumours (which we probably shouldn't be & which is all this is at the moment) then the latest ones talk about always online in a completely different way which doesn't really affect gamers.

Lame if that rumor of the controller running on batteries is true. Why not just have that chargeable via USB. I think that's one thing they should have taken from Sony's systems unless there's some patent I'm not aware of

Hope it isn't online only bc as I said before that would be suicide and MS isnt that stupid

This article seems more plausible than the previous ones

MS keeps digging themselves in a hole with every new major news release that comes out.

At this point I don't even want the new Xbox.

I have a slew or rechargeable batteries. Sooo... No issues. Also... VR glasses eh? My interest is peaked there.

IF these rumors hold true over the painfully bad ones... I'll get the new Xbox day one.

Last edited:
Lame if that rumor of the controller running on batteries is true. Why not just have that chargeable via USB. I think that's one thing they should have taken from Sony's systems unless there's some patent I'm not aware of.
Yeah, seems like an easy fix if they're not blocked from doing so.

MS keeps digging themselves in a hole with every new major news release that comes out.

At this point I don't even want the new Xbox.
Where are these news releases you speak of? :woot: Or do you mean rumours? We still know almost nothing about the console. This is the most recent rumour but everything in it could still be 100% false.

Last edited:
I have a slew or rechargeable batteries. Sooo... No issues. Also... VR glasses eh? My interest is peaked there.

IF these rumors hold true over the painfully bad ones... I'll get the new Xbox day one.
I have no idea whether I'd like VR glasses or not. At least for when it comes to gaming for a long time at once.

I'm more excited about the possibilities with VR than I am with...Kinect 2.

Kinect & especially Kinect voice will be useful for the TV & multimedia side if that holds any interest for you. 2.0 will hopefully be much more accurate tech, close to zero lag, capable of being used close to the screen/XBox and once it gets some seriously top games (if ever) people's minds might change. But even then it will never be for a big chunk of gamers. Relaxing with a controller will always come out on top.

But if the new Xbox is not compatible with 360 controllers I hope the battery packs & battery pack rechargers at least are (also plug & play kits although not holding out much hope for those). That WOULD be annoying if they're not. I've got tonnes of those and don't want to have to buy them all again. Also don't want twice as much clutter.

The new Xbox's controller supposedly has the same design as 360's with the only difference being the D-pad feeling better and so the battery pack&re-chargers should be the same..But cause supposedly now lasting 16%longer I can see MS changing the design on the packs or the re-chargers

The new Xbox's controller supposedly has the same design as 360's with the only difference being the D-pad feeling better and so the battery pack&re-chargers should be the same..But cause supposedly now lasting 16%longer I can see MS changing the design on the packs or the re-chargers
I wouldn't assume they are compatible. This would be a perfect opportunity to make money on accessories by forcing people to purchase new packs.

NextXboxInvite.jpg

I hope the hype train for Xbox 3 is as good ast the PS4's or else the console is doomed. I already have some friends who are thinking of jumping ship, mainly because of MS not caring about gamers lately. I plan on getting both consoles (unless one is ass), but I don't want the Xbox brand to die. I love the (few) exclusives it has & XBL.

According to that IGN video Microsoft isn't going to be showing too many games in the reveal and saving most for E3. I think it's too soon for Halo 5 but I could see a Gears maybe being shown at E3 or something.

I hope the hype train for Xbox 3 is as good ast the PS4's or else the console is doomed. I already have some friends who are thinking of jumping ship, mainly because of MS not caring about gamers lately. I plan on getting both consoles (unless one is ass), but I don't want the Xbox brand to die. I love the (few) exclusives it has & XBL.

Luckily I have time to think about it. I don't even have a PS3 yet, and there's a pretty big list of games I want to play when I get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88