Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

I hope not, I still say Marvel's taking their time because it IS their FIRST fantasy film. They DO want to make it.

Marvel can loose the rights to make a movie of it's own character?

No, they can't lose the rights. That was AD's point--that Marvel doesn't need to rush their films out because there's no fear of losing movie rights.

It really pisses me off that they are going full speed ahead with stuipd f'n Ant-Man, a meaningless superhero movie and they have the nerve to put Thor on a "holding pattern."

Ever since they started busting out movies never have I seen more positive script reviews for one of their films. You have the Hulk and Iron coming out which are going to blow people away, now is the time to get started on Thor, now.

MV has a great vision and MP wrote the most amazing, and serious script ever. I pray to the Norns Marvel doesn't F this up.

It really pisses me off that they are going full speed ahead with stuipd f'n Ant-Man, a meaningless superhero movie and they have the nerve to put Thor on a "holding pattern."

Ever since they started busting out movies never have I seen more positive script reviews for one of their films. You have the Hulk and Iron coming out which are going to blow people away, now is the time to get started on Thor, now.

MV has a great vision and MP wrote the most amazing, and serious script ever. I pray to the Norns Marvel doesn't F this up.

Dude. May I call you dude? Marvel will make the film that is ready when it's ready. Both Ant-Man & Thor and whatever films they were hoping to release were put in a holding pattern by the WGA and DGA strikes. Now the gap is to soon before the SAG strike so nobody can start filming a big production until that strike is over unless they can finish filming before the end of June. That also means no reshoots if the strike is still on so what idiot would risk that? Don't rush the studio into making the film you want when it's not ready and then start complaining later that it's rushed. Marvel is doing things the right way. There are different writers, producers, directors and actors schedules to consider. When they all fall in place for one project it goes. Also Ant-Man could be visually a stunning film and find a huge audience in theatres because of how it will be presented on screen. These are the movie franchises and both Thor and Ant-Man and even films like Blade have their place. We're gonna get to see both of these films but let's just be patient and let them make the one that is ready first instead of rushing to meet the demands of a frothing fanboys. LOL

You don't see yourself enjoyng ''Thor''?

Because a movie is fun when you enjoy it.

I've read the script, Thor is an epic battle film. No room for campy jokes or sillyness in this one.

You want that? Go watch Spiderman, Ghost Rider and the F4. Child crap.

For those of you who didn't read the script you just have no idea.

Why would you follow the Hulk and Iron Man with Ant-Man?

You still don't get it do you? I'll try to explain it again:

It's not like Marvel has all of these scripts and projects ready to go and they pick one over the other. It's not like the same writers are working on every film and drop Thor for Ant-Man. What's ready first is ready first. It could be Thor...or it could be Ant-Man...who knows. If the Thor script is revised and comes back and is still not ready but Ant-Man is then you move forward with Ant-Man while they work on Thor or vice versa. These movies all have different directors, actors, screenwriters, producers, etc...I've said this a few times in this thread.

You still don't get it do you? I'll try to explain it again:

It's not like Marvel has all of these scripts and projects ready to go and they pick one over the other. It's not like the same writers are working on every film and drop Thor for Ant-Man. What's ready first is ready first. It could be Thor...or it could be Ant-Man...who knows. If the Thor script is revised and comes back and is still not ready but Ant-Man is then you move forward with Ant-Man while they work on Thor or vice versa. These movies all have different directors, actors, screenwriters, producers, etc...I've said this a few times in this thread.

This.

I understood completly, but I just wanted to rant and get it off of my chest.

They shouldn't have bothered with Ant-Man anyway. Waste of resources.

I understood completly, but I just wanted to rant and get it off of my chest.

They shouldn't have bothered with Ant-Man anyway. Waste of resources.

Actually not doing something with it is wasted sources. Someday when you own billions of dollars of potential content you won't neglect any of it. You find it's best use and go for it. I'm happy movies are being made from obscure characters like Hellboy, Blade, Ant-Man, etc...There's enough people in the world to support all of these characters whether you or I like them.

Actually not doing something with it is wasted sources. Someday when you own billions of dollars of potential content you won't neglect any of it. You find it's best use and go for it. I'm happy movies are being made from obscure characters like Hellboy, Blade, Ant-Man, etc...There's enough people in the world to support all of these characters whether you or I like them.

Seriously. I should also point out, that outside of comic book fandom, Marvels Thor isn't really well known either, so it's extremely ignorant to say that making an Ant-Man movie would be a waste, when one could make the same case for Thor.

To me Ant-Man could be extremely fun. I loved Fantastic Voyage, Inner Space, Incredible Shrinking Man, and even the original Honey I shrunk the kids was cool when it first came out. Now imagine that with a Superhero directed by Edgar Wright.

Can't go wrong.

:up:

I just wonder if we're getting a british or american an cast and a british or american narrative style.

Will Simon Pegg be in it?

And will it be as graphic as Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz?

How many supported Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elecktra, or F4?

I supported every single one of those characters in the theatre. In fact, I think Daredevil is underrated. I also liked Nicholas Cage's interpretation of Johnny Blaze as well.

I am not a huge fan of Tim Story's approach with the FF, but I went to see it, and it was decent. While there are many things one could point out negatively to Elektra, I try to look at positive elements. The more the films are supported, the more leverage Marvel will have with putting out films like The Avengers, Thor, or whatever. It's the genre I am supporting in general.

You're not getting it. The point is it would be a waste not to use your resources as a company to make a profit. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and F4 all made a profit and enough people liked them (no matter how many fanboys hated them) for the effort to have been worth it. So it doesn't matter what films YOU or I like...it matters if they can make money.

We're talking about wasted content here. It pays you no dividends to sit on something when someone is willing to pay you to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"