TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty worrisome.

It doesn't look like the movie is gonna be all that good, I think a huge chunk of critics are gonna trash it. Also he continued his tweet:

MPfly88
@SizzlerKistler "The advanced response from the majority of tweets say the movie is awesome"

Alan Kistler
@MPfly88 "All my own sources who saw it say otherwise, so I still consider it anyone's game."

I think once that embargo lifts we should prepare for disappointment.

Yeah critics will trash it, i guess that is why its 88/100 with 12 critics on criticschoice amirite

Where is everyone getting this sense that critics aren't going to like it? I don't have that sense at all.

It's just a lot of unnecessary panic. It happens every time a remotely negative review, or even a rumor of negative reviews, comes out.

Seems like he trashes movies he personally doesn't like.

I'm sorry, but this panic thing makes me laugh. I know it's been said a billion times, but the only person who has the final say on whether a movie is good or not is me. The same should go for everyone. Yes, we want to see it make a lot and, yes, we want our opinion validated, but even if a million people told you MOS was crap and you watch it and love it, who cares? Meanwhile, I'm going to start a Superman Returns, Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3 marathon.

I'm sorry, but this panic thing makes me laugh. I know it's been said a billion times, but the only person who has the final say on whether a movie is good or not is me. The same should go for everyone. Yes, we want to see it make a lot and, yes, we want our opinion validated, but even if a million people told you MOS was crap and you watch it and love it, who cares? Meanwhile, I'm going to start a Superman Returns, Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3 marathon.

Dude, a sequel is still needed.

I'm suspicious of the only few negative reactions I've seen. One of them basically said that she didn't like the film because the hero was a man and Lois needs saving, so the film is sexist. Obviously there is a worldview completely incompatible with Superman before the film even starts.

You also have to be wary of opposing studio plants that will attempt to drive down the box for a film like Man Of Steel because it will negatively impact there own (Universal is known to have some plants out there trying to lower expectations to try to prevent as much hemorrhaging as they expect for Fast 6 - they will try to inflate the box number expectation publicly to try to make it look less successful while trying to plant negative tweets, etc to try to diminish the actual box office).

A response to that tweet:

Calm down people. It is ONE guy saying he knows people who saw it that don't like it, 2nd hand and 3rd hand accounts DO NOTHING to me, People make crap up all the time to get attention. So what 4 or 5 people. He didn't like X-men first class and I am sure his close group may not have liked it either. Critics and some people will not like this movie. That is why I have lowered my expectations when it comes to RT. 85 is my guess but around 80 would be perfectly fine, 75 would do, but I just remember The Hobbit was around 60 and I LOVE that movie. Just look at Now You See Me. Huge repeat business with a rotten score on RT. GA looks more towards social media and People that have seen the movie that are not Critics.

Dude, a sequel is still needed.

Definitely! I still want my sequel to Green Lantern :woot:.

I'm just not panicking myself because I haven't seen any reason to with the initial tweets. And even if critics are not big fans, the GA seems pretty pumped about it and it could still have the Transformers effect.

Calm down people. It is ONE guy saying he knows people who saw it that don't like it, 2nd hand and 3rd hand accounts DO NOTHING to me, People make crap up all the time to get attention. So what 4 or 5 people. He didn't like X-men first class and I am sure his close group may not have liked it either. Critics and some people will not like this movie. That is why I have lowered my expectations when it comes to RT. 85 is my guess but around 80 would be perfectly fine, 75 would do, but I just remember The Hobbit was around 60 and I LOVE that movie. Just look at Now You See Me. Huge repeat business with a rotten score on RT. GA looks more towards social media and People that have seen the movie that are not Critics.

Hobbit also made bank, too.

I'm just not panicking myself because I haven't seen any reason to with the initial tweets. And even if critics are not big fans, the GA seems pretty pumped about it and it could still have the Transformers effect.

I'm just saying that if I like it but everyone else doesn't then that lowers the chances for a sequel so I wouldn't be happy.

I am calm. I posted that response tweet because it seemed that the original tweet was causing mild panic. I just wanted to settle folks down.

So true. Some movies will do great with bad or decent RT scores because the audience loved it. Man of Steel might have a lower RT than Superman Returns but be better received from the general audience and do better at the box-office. As long as I love it and like it better than SR and get a sequel or WF I will be Happy.

What would you rather have 1 or 2? #1 Man of Steel 93 RT score - "B+" cinemascore - and it wasn't that loved by the audience or YOU. Makes only 240 Domestic/300INT and WB cancels sequels/WF/JLA OR
#2 Man of Steel 75 RT score - "A" cinemascore - loved by audiences and YOU. Makes 320 Domestic/400INT and WB puts sequels/WF/JLA into motion.

I would take 2 every Time!!

So true. Some movies will do great with bad or decent RT scores because the audience loved it. Man of Steel might have a lower RT than Superman Returns but be better received from the general audience and do better at the box-office. As long as I love it and like it better than SR and get a sequel or WF I will be Happy.

What would you rather have 1 or 2? #1 Man of Steel 93 RT score - "B+" cinemascore - and it wasn't that loved by the audience or YOU. Makes only 240 Domestic/300INT and WB cancels sequels/WF/JLA OR
#2 Man of Steel 75 RT score - "A" cinemascore - loved by audiences and YOU. Makes 320 Domestic/400INT and WB puts sequels/WF/JLA into motion.

I would take 2 every Time!!

Me too! But everytime I see one negative thing I feel ill :funny:

My prediction? Will be well received overall by the GA. Sequel 99.9% guaranteed. It will do very well in the BO. It'll land in the 80's on RT and will be the leader in CBM action scenes, same as how Avengers took that spot when it came out. Critics will call it a good solid start for the Man of Steel franchise, with plenty of room to improve for the sequel. Everyone will consider it better than SR.

Was that how BB was received?

Since the embargo ends on Monday, I hope that means a whole bunch of critics have their reviews ready to be released at midnight tonight! :woot:

I am calm. I posted that response tweet because it seemed that the original tweet was causing mild panic. I just wanted to settle folks down.

I thought you were calm, just kinda for those that are not calm about this, possible people not liking it or not getting repeat business stuff. MOS will be just fine.

Heck I know this will not be popular around here but if B*** **** from ************.com is down for this DC universe to be apart of a WF movie with Batman and likes the idea of Cavill's Superman being on-screen with the rebooted Batman I take this as a really good sign imho.

Since the embargo ends on Monday, I hope that means a whole bunch of critics have their reviews ready to be released at midnight tonight! :woot:

Embargo will be lifted tomorrow around 8 PM Pacific time 10 central 11 eastern tomorrow. and lots of those people Are ready with their review. I expect a ton of really good reviews. Just to put a good spin on something. Criticschoice.com Rebecca Murray (about.com) put MOS at a 60/100 which it says 1/4 stars. BUT her review will be 3/5 stars and she could spin it positive or negative on RT (if she was popular enough for metacritic it would be a mixed review i think)

Last edited:

Embargo lifts I think 10pm tomorrow, don't know what time zone though.

I know that the guys from slash film, aint it cool, hitfix, have their reviews ready to go and all have hinted at liking the movie, so I'm not worried at all.

I predict upper 70s to lower 80s on RT.com

I think it ends at 8PM PST tomorrow, so they would need to violate the embargo if they release them at midnight.

Too bad. I was looking forward to getting a spate of reviews at midnight. Oh well...

Embargo will be lifted tomorrow around 8 PM Pacific time 10 central 11 eastern tomorrow. and lots of those people Are ready with their review. I expect a ton of really good reviews. Just to put a good spin on something. Criticschoice.com Rebecca Murray (about.com) put MOS at a 60/100 which it says 1/4 stars. BUT her review will be 3/5 stars and she could spin it positive or negative on RT (if she was popular enough for metacritic it would be a mixed review i think)

60/100? How is that a good spin on things? What are you talking about? That's a Grade D. That is not a good spin. That is a terrible attempt at a good spin. I give that good spin a 2/10.

This sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"