TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 7

How would you describe it? I'm assuming you've seen it. Everything I'm reading is saying it's much more dour and humorless than a Superman film should be, which is something I suspected from the numerous trailers and TV spot. IMO that doesn't fit superman.

There is humor. Superman isn't serious all the time, especially when dealing with the military, etc. But don't expect one liners. There's some visual humor (one pretty good one, actually) and some good quips. The movie is never dour. It is very heroic, but Superman is not the only one who shows great heroism in this film. Us average humans also put on a show in places, even unattached from the main story line or in it. I loved that aspect of the film and it is in relation to an earlier part of it as Clark struggles with direction and knowing who to trust.

The more I really think about this film, the better it gets. It's like ogres - it has layers.

Guys can you stop with all the positive reactions. With all the talk of "rotten reviews" I feel like finally had a realistic expectation for this movie, but now you guys are jostling that expectation out of whack. :angry:

:woot: :funny:

I PROMISE this is a true reaction. It is intense action, great bright feel, interesting plot points I did not see coming that add to the mythology.

From the blu-ray-forum: After seeing this, my thought was that movie represents this generation’s Superman. If you expect to go into this movie and reminisce of Donner, Smallville, or Returns you are going to be disappointed. This movie was not what I was used to and this was a good thing; and the action, there were times when you just jump up and say wow, did you see that? It pulls at the heart in few places just like we’ve heard. If you’re a kid who’s never had problems you won’t notice it, but most parents and kids will get it. (Mine did)
One last thing is that it felt that Snyder makes you think about the series of events leading up to everything and doesn’t just serve you up a popcorn flick with every minute detail. This was either on purpose or just necessity because this could’ve easily been two 3 hour movies if they wanted to put more details in the story and overkill it to satisfy the masses. But to me, in this case less was more and the story felt good and kept in you in the middle of it. MoS is in a league of its own. I cannot look back on any other comic book movie and relate to the shire power of supes and the action of this movie…none folks…here comes the flame for that claim.

The reviews about not enough comedy or humor are flat out wrong. There are plenty of lighthearted moments that manage to not turn into cheesy oneliners.

Definitely enough of a plot to be a 3 hour movie, but he chose to trim it and really keep what feels like a near full 45 minutes to hour of epic action.

Superman fires a Kryptonian gun at Zod, stunning him. "So that's what it does."

The Codex referred to is a repository of the blueprints for future Kryptonians that are to be engineered and birthed in cradles overseen by Kryptonian AI. I won't tell you what happens to it.

Hey thanks for the answer, very interesting regardless.

I'm so ****in' excited. I have to wait 13 more days. Damn it!!!!!

1 question.

Is Faora awesome?

Yes she is bad ass. She is beautiful and cunning. She isn't a man hater like Ursa was either. Her role was underrated

I skipped to the end. He complained about the film being over-ambitious and lacking focus, but said it was solid.[YT]oG_H9s5Gr20[/YT]

The reviews about not enough comedy or humor are flat out wrong. There are plenty of lighthearted moments that manage to not turn into cheesy oneliners.

Yea the only corny line was the he is hot line. The semi truck scene, the 106 days without an incident scene all got laughs. It really was a very good movie and it had loads of emotion. Supes and Lois had great chemistry

Yea the only corny line was the he is hot line. The semi truck scene, the 106 days without an incident scene all got laughs. It really was a very good movie and it had loads of emotion. Supes and Lois had great chemistry

They should of left that line out. I agree it was the only corny one though so I can't complain too much.

Yep. The good thing was they put the one corny line in at a completely appropriate time for it.

I'm so ****in' excited. I have to wait 13 more days. Damn it!!!!!

1 question.

Is Faora awesome?

It was a decent performance by the actress. She doesn't get much dialogue , but has a great little rivalry with a couple characters. Also she's a major threat and causes plenty of destruction.

I liked that one liner, especially since we didn't have to put up with a bunch of them. It was ok to have one moment like that AFTER everything happened. :up: Well done. The film is not overly serious either, those reviewers are whacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
My score: 7-10

My friend Katie: 7-1/2 out of 10, said she will def be buying the BluRay.

My woman: 8-10

My step daughter (17 yrs old): 7-10 , said wasnt the best movie, but good.

Her friend (17 aswell): 7-10

My buddy (40 yrs old big sups fan): 12-10 (Yes he loved it that much).

So it's okay, not great. But that allows for improvement in the sequels.

Reading between the lines it looks to deserve a 65 percent fresh or more. I feel like this movie wouldn't be as polarizing if it wasn't dealing with Superman.

No, it deserves higher, atleast between a 70-80. I just got done discussing the movie with the lady and my buddy, and whats funny is there were scenes we all didn't understand, and eachone of us understood the scenes that the other didnt understand. This is why I cant wait to see it again on Sunday, I still have questions that need to be answered.

^ Sounds like a sophisticated film that people are overlooking because of the director's reputation :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"