TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 7

FlamingCoco, you should lump all of the reviews you gathered into one post.

I loved the movie, really hope they go through with a sequel.

I LOVED Faora! She did a wonderful job in her roll! My woman said she wished general Zod was more of a badass, she said he never really scared her. I do think they could have deepened his voice a bit for this roll, other then his voice Shannon did great I thought.

I skipped to the end. He complained about the film being over-ambitious and lacking focus, but said it was solid.[YT]oG_H9s5Gr20[/YT]

I think he was the best non-raving review.

I hear all the issues people have and I feel that it should pull this movie to around a 70% RT score.

But the complaints of S:TM is getting annoying.

I never tried to compare Singer's film to Donner's. I never tried to compare the casts against each other. It was Singer who by his own doing forced the comparisons for many but not for me.

I judged SR as its own film and it still failed to me on so many levels.

People are killing MOS because its not Donner's. When clearly Nolan, Zack, and Goyer are making an effort to do their own thing.

But that was a good review. No problem with his qualms. Just leave the Donner stuff out of it.

A non-spoiler review. [YT]0jBJRYxhzz0[/YT]

"Michael Shannon as Zod is always angry , he doesn't know how to not be angry "

What about the scenes where Zod is trying to reason with Jor-El or convince Superman to join them. Zod is an angry character , but he's not one dimensional. Also Superman gets [BLACKOUT]depowered[/BLACKOUT]on the ship. There are several flaws with this guy's video review.

I liked that one liner, especially since we didn't have to put up with a bunch of them. It was ok to have one moment like that AFTER everything happened. :up: Well done. The film is not overly serious either, those reviewers are whacked.

You and I have been around here about the same time, and in the past we've had many conversations, and you always came off as very thoughtful. Your praise for MOS fills me with happiness. If you are endorsing this film then For sure I'll love it:yay::yay:

If they were paying attention to the film, all Kryptonians are pre-destined for their function in life. Zod was in complete commitment to his role in life, so his attitude made perfect sense.

You and I have been around here about the same time, and in the past we've had many conversations, and you always came off as very thoughtful. Your praise for MOS fills me with happiness. If you are endorsing this film then For sure I'll love it:yay::yay:

Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it. :up: I promise as a Superman fan and fan of the superhero genre you will be thrilled :D

Basically everything I ever suggested over the last 10 years on SHH, for an origin in terms of Clark's early life and seeing Krypton in almost a Star Wars inspired way is what I got to see. Truly happy on that aspect and overall pleased with the film as a whole :up: It is the Superman film I've been waiting on since there was even talk of doing one. I wasn't alive during the Reeve/Donner effort and I really wanted to see a new origin that I felt was for a modern generation. That is what we have now.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of that scene is. It's odd...

My opinion on that is they had to explain how they knew
where to go and find the ship and martha. They could have gone a different way with it though. Also, they somehow didnt know Supes gave Lois the command key? that was my only issue with it.

Here's my question to those that saw it.

Did the audience seem into it?

Yep, laughed when there was humor and clapped at the end.

How would you describe it? I'm assuming you've seen it. Everything I'm reading is saying it's much more dour and humorless than a Superman film should be, which is something I suspected from the numerous trailers and TV spot. IMO that doesn't fit superman.

Its not dark and while I wont go into the Supermans character arc I think his feelings are properly explained. Touching a little on the arc:
At no point when he is in the suit is Superman emotionally dark.

My rating: 7.5/10, but I loved it. Even with the pacing issues or editing or however you want to say it. The movie did not feel long and I think honestly it could have benefited from a bit more time. I loved the end, I think it went out on a great note. Cavill awesome, Adams great. No story spoilers, but my view on Shannon/Zod:
I thought he could have been better, but I dont think it was Shannons fault, I think the characters dialog was out of place, especially in the first half. They had an army general almost speaking lines that felt more appropriate for Jor-El, a scientist. I dont think he would be as refined is the best way to say it. In the second half when he's more out of control he comes across better.

Basically everything I ever suggested over the last 10 years on SHH, for an origin in terms of Clark's early life and seeing Krypton in almost a Star Wars inspired way is what I got to see. Truly happy on that aspect and overall pleased with the film as a whole :up: It is the Superman film I've been waiting on since there was even talk of doing one. I wasn't alive during the Reeve/Donner effort and I really wanted to see a new origin that I felt was for a modern generation. That is what we have now.

This is exactly how I felt.

i-know-that-feel-bro.png

If they were paying attention to the film, all Kryptonians are pre-destined for their function in life. Zod was in complete commitment to his role in life, so his attitude made perfect sense.

Exactly . You don't even have to pay much attention because Zod explains his motivations very clearly to Superman and the audience. Also he sounded cool and collected when he told the world to surrender Superman.

Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it. :up: I promise as a Superman fan and fan of the superhero genre you will be thrilled :D

Well I have tickets for tomorrow, bought tickets for Sunday morning this evening, and after I see it tomorrow,I'll probably buy a ticket to see it Saturday afternoon after I get out of work.

Came back from seeing it, miles ahead better than Superman Returns, I do think it could've used some humor, not the Otis and Ms. Teschmacher variety but something to break up the somber mood at times.

I do intend to see it again to have it all sink in, the action was excellent finally a Superman movie with some destruction, [blackout]I did feel that vessel terraforming scene was dragging but the end fight with Supes and Zod makes up for it.[/blackout]

And having [blackout]Lois know Supes' identity right off the bat is more believable than having the Daily Planet's best reporter clueless. Also spotted the Lexcorp building in the background[/blackout]

So, my watch begins. Leaving this forum until I see the movie in about a month. Glad to see many Superman fans liked it, cause I'm a huge one myself.

Meh, some of my favourite movies can be labelled 'utterly joyless' if your incapable of enjoying a more serious tone of film.

I guess some people just didn't want a reboot that did that.

I know I for one did :)

Almost time now! On the coach to London, and refusing to let anything get me down because I had an awesome dream last night.

Was at a house party and Russel Crowe showed up. I introduced myself and we got talking bout the reviews and I said how harsh I thought they were, and you could see he was really dissapointed.

So we're wallowing away, and all of a sudden there's just Cavill's deep voice behind me saying 'There's always hope', and I woke up.

Needless to say, it's put me in a good mood :)

I haven't checked the reviews all day i come home and i have to say i'm shocked this film is now considered "rotten" on rt.

A month ago i wouldn't even believe this to be a possibility at all. To think critics would like 300 and watchmen more than this when even talking only about snyder films?

my 12 year old cousin just saw it and texted me 'what a great movie'

he loves action packed stuff

I don't think I watched the same movie as the critics, because I absolutely loved every goddamn second of this. It has its flaws, like any movie, but they were minuscule compared to its achievements. Easily my favorite superhero movie as of yet. It perfectly balanced the fantastical elements of the comics with the gritty realism seen in today's movies. The cast was top notch, the fights were friggin' brilliant, and the story was perfect. Not too complicated for its own good (TDKR), but not exactly straight forward (Dredd). Overall, must watch. Will be seeing again next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"