The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting a real Bennett from Commando vibe from Bane?

Haha, there could be a moustache under that mask, and he may have a chainmail vest somewhere. 'I can beat you John'

Is anyone else getting a real Bennett from Commando vibe from Bane?

Bane doesnt look like Freddie Mercury on steroids (saying that, Vernon Wells wasnt exactly built either, but he was bigger than Mercury) or like someone who's just come straight from the Blue Oyster bar. :oldrazz:

DarkKnightRises.jpg

"You're getting old, Bruce!"

So is there no reference to his Hispanic heritage in the film?
totally changed from cannon?

I read a spoiler somewhere, that said

That Bane danced the salsa after he beat up Batman

Léo Ho Tep;23782213 said:
I read a spoiler somewhere, that said

That Bane danced the salsa after he beat up Batman

That confirms this spoiler I've read

He'll make some hot salsa sauce after he's beaten Bane, and Hardy was seen practicing his dance skills in his trailer

He has several and a few variations:

1.) Dark Blue Designer Jacket

jOhcs.png

2.) Kevlar Vest (no undershirt or jacket)

RMfLy.png

3.) Vest and undershirt underneath (no jacket)

rvIJq.png

4.) Winter jacket with kevlar vest and undershirt

ARQsd.png

5.) Black under armor shirt

eAvuv.png

6.) Stock exchange jacket "disguise"

247j6.png

7.) Shirtless

mDixI.jpg

Bane's got a beer belly????? LOL!! Seriously.....????

If only my beer belly was like his :'(

I waited patiently to see what Nolan's interpretation of Bane would be like and the wait is almost over. He looks menacing and I love the the voice!!

Last edited:
Any word on how true Bane's origin story is?

I read over on Nolan Fans
That young Bane was imprisoned alongside Talia and protected her, making her sort of like his Osito. A spot of innocence in a dark place that he wanted to protect from the other scum locked in that prison.

Can't say how true that is, though.

Also, after Bane bests Bruce in the sewers, we cut to Wayne Manor, where
tumblr_m3xhggCkuL1rnyc05o3_250.gif

Bane doesnt look like Freddie Mercury on steroids (saying that, Vernon Wells wasnt exactly built either, but he was bigger than Mercury) or like someone who's just come straight from the Blue Oyster bar. :oldrazz:

Bennet was more like Freddie on twinkies. :cwink:

"I don't NEEEEED thuh guuuuul"

"IMMUNNNNNAKILLLLYOOONAAAAAOWWW!"

I hope Hardy is big enough for this role. He looked quite small in some of the trailers. Wonder if it will be believable??

He will, beastie. If you look at the footage of Bane ascending the steps of city hall to face Batman, the angle makes him look quite broad, like a tank compared to Batman.

His voice does sound extremely filtered, almost like a twist on Darth Vader's, but it really works and is quite menacing. And if anyone complains about his backstory after seeing the film...you've got issues.

I hope Hardy is big enough for this role. He looked quite small in some of the trailers. Wonder if it will be believable??

He will believable for sure. I also think he'll be most menacing villain in any superhero movie.(Not that he'll be as iconic as the Joker though) If this was MCU movie, i would worry about size and look..But Nolan's power is great story telling and characterization than visual aspect of the characters.

But does he look big or small? I would be fine with him looking lean like Wayne but I want it to be believable. If this thin guy is performing superhuman feats of strength then it might take me out of it.

Superhuman, no. Also Hardy isn't thin at all. Some people were having fun of his fat actually.

But does he look big or small? I would be fine with him looking lean like Wayne but I want it to be believable. If this thin guy is performing superhuman feats of strength then it might take me out of it.

It is believable. He doesn't have anything close to 'super strength' but he is still extremely fast and strong. He means business and he does seem pretty big in the film. He also does some crazy things. You have to see it to believe it.

Olympics+Day+10+Weightlifting+Koe5BKmVvXGl.jpg

This guy won the gold medal in the heavyweight class of Olympic weightlifting at Beijing. Bodybuilding (and its influence on modern comic book art) has distorted people's idea of what strong people look like. Most bodybuilders only possess a fraction of this guy's strength. Hardy's build actually most reminds me of professional heavyweight boxers and strength athletes. They tend not to be super-cut, but rather just generally thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"