The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

They could have designed a full on mask but you run into the issue of not caring who is underneath. Even the comics had Bane out of mask while in the secret 6(damn you new 52!).

Now that doesn't mean a full on mask is out. It just worked for Nolans interp.

But Bane was his own man in the movie. He knew how this all was going to go down. Understand that he,Talia, and the men all knew they were going to die when the bomb went off. Him staying to watch Batman aint exactly demonstrating he was a subordinate. Talia was fully capable of making sure a nuke went off.

If you mean revealing the truth about Dent that's true. But destruction of Gotham and the death of Batman are two things Joker didn't want. Life without Batman would be so dull for him.

I meant the idea of turning Gotham upside its head and creating total anarchy and chaos…

I meant the idea of turning Gotham upside its head and creating total anarchy and chaos…

I felt Joker was still in control in the instance where he created the mob to kill Reese. AFAIK that was the biggest instance of anarcy and chaos we saw him create.

bane-art.jpg

The Concept masks were better. Hell, I would've been satisfied with this one.

The one Blackheart posted would be good if they arranged the tubes in the death's-head shape of Bane's Knightfall mask.

I thought all of the concept masks looked terrible, I'm highly satisfied with what we got.

bane-art.jpg

The Concept masks were better. Hell, I would've been satisfied with this one.
I think that's the only decent one. It seems that, in general, the design team had their heads up their butts in terms of finding a functional yet comic-accurate design.

I think they went with more "menacing" then aesthetically pleasing.

I still would have much preferred some tanks like on his back or belt. Because I really wanna know wtf those tubes were connected to that help suppress his pain. O.O

The concept masks would make Bane look like a laughable goof.

Concept mask Bane couldn't make it to the filming of The Dark Knight Rises. He was busy in a basement somewhere with Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames.

I think it was some sort of inhalator.

SO basically it was like a filter?

Does Bane suffer from Asthma?

Oh well, it is just nit picking but still something odd. I think it would have been nice to see his mask integrated with his kevlar vest or something.

So like Batman he has his own costume and 'armor' but Bane can't take his off it keeps him alive. (and also some tanks on his body perhaps)

As for the design in general. I think what they did worked. Bane stands out amongst all the villains we have seen in comic book movies. He is a visual marker for the path of the Nolan's Batman series.

Aesthetically, meh can leave much to be desired but he is bout spreadin that fear.

Tom says in the bonus features, to please the fans (us) and their want for Bane to have a Latin descent...

He based his dialect after making his voice on a Latin boxer.

Tom says in the bonus features, to please the fans (us) and their want for Bane to have a Latin descent...

He based his dialect after making his voice on a Latin boxer.

Bartley Gorman, to be exact. I loved all of Bane's accents, he had either the British voice, the Vader/Robot voice, or the Latino accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"