The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

They lay it out blatantly in The Dark Knight that if Harvey was caught using some of the tactics he was using (like when he tried to intimidate Thomas Schiff into giving him The Joker's plans), all the criminals would be back on the streets. His attacks on Ramirez and Wuertz would undoubtedly be lumped into the case that would be brought against the Dent Act when all the criminals' lawyers brought appeals to the courts.

The Dent Act would then get thrown out, due to being overshadowed by the insanity Dent would have been "uncovered" to have had.

Also, the mayor tells Dent "if they get anything on you, those criminals are back on the streets followed swiftly by you and me."

In that instance he's probably talking about tax evasion or a hooker problem and he still thinks it would jeopardize his convictions. Based on that, we can only assume multiple murder charges would be a disaster.

They lay it out blatantly in The Dark Knight that if Harvey was caught using some of the tactics he was using (like when he tried to intimidate Thomas Schiff into giving him The Joker's plans), all the criminals would be back on the streets. His attacks on Ramirez and Wuertz would undoubtedly be lumped into the case that would be brought against the Dent Act when all the criminals' lawyers brought appeals to the courts.

That's not the way the legal system works (not that the Dent act is remotely realistic as a piece of legislation either). The city prosecutes the criminals, not just Harvey Dent. The city is going to have cases against the mob's elements, period, regardless of what Harvey Dent did or did not do. The criminals were charged for crimes they actually committed. That has nothing to do with Dent's actions AFTER they committed the crimes and were charged with them.

Well, it's a RICO case, they're trying them all as a conspiracy. The entire case pretty much hinged on Lau testifying in court that the mob had pooled all their money together, but that never got to happen.

So when you think of it in that context, Dent becoming a martyr (and the Dent Act) could be a huge driving force in not only denying them parole, but getting them all convicted in the first place because with their money and Lau all burnt to ashes, the evidence isn't nearly as strong as it might have been.

That's not the way the legal system works (not that the Dent act is remotely realistic as a piece of legislation either). The city prosecutes the criminals, not just Harvey Dent. The city is going to have cases against the mob's elements, period, regardless of what Harvey Dent did or did not do. The criminals were charged for crimes they actually committed. That has nothing to do with Dent's actions AFTER they committed the crimes and were charged with them.

It's pretty futile to argue about the justice system in the DC universe. Of course it's fictional.

Also, the mayor tells Dent "if they get anything on you, those criminals are back on the streets followed swiftly by you and me."

This. The exposure of the way he captured and got information from a number of these criminals could be a disaster (Schiff, Wuertz, Ramirez, etc). I'm sure a large number of the criminals would appeal, claiming Dent did the same to them. How the Dent Act was spoken about and implied in The Dark Knight rises, it sounded like an unethical, loophole-abusive way to get criminals off the streets. The first thought that came to my mind was RICO Act (yes, due to its mention in The Dark Knight) on steroids.

Now, those are just assumptions based on what little we are given about the Dent Act in The Dark Knight Rises. That said, I'd imagine that, given it sounds like a great deal of the criminals in Blackgate were kept there under the Act, that should the Act be abolished, there would be chaos in the courtrooms and many of the criminals would be released. Especially since the Act was created under false pretenses.

Watching BRONSON. Its nuts how much Hardy has to give as an actor.

I've really enjoyed his development over the past 10 years.

Does anyone think he has any potential for an Oscar? Or no?

No he won't. The Academy weren't exactly impressed by anything to do with the film it seems. I don't think Hardy has a chance.

He deserves a nomination at the very least, but I highly doubt he'll get it.

Hardy deserves no nomination for his Bane performance.

As much as I love Hardy as an actor and of course his portayal of Bane, I dont think the performance is oscar worthy.

Whether he deserves a nomination or not is nearly irrelevant. He won't get one. Ledger was an anomaly that I don't think will be replicated again for the foreseeable future. But that's okay, Hardy's performance is still great. I've heard it described as a "Lon Chaney performance" and I think that's very apt.

From the latest episode of South Park:

[YT]9h5Q4zg8Vyo&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/YT]

[YT]0hljPe6euy8[/YT]

Last edited:
Whether he deserves a nomination or not is nearly irrelevant. He won't get one. Ledger was an anomaly that I don't think will be replicated again for the foreseeable future. But that's okay, Hardy's performance is still great. I've heard it described as a "Lon Chaney performance" and I think that's very apt.

I'm happy to hear that! Lon Chaney is one of my absolute faves and Hardy deserves that comparison. :3

Lol I love how South Park just awkwardly shoehorns references in. And Trey Parker does a decent Bane voice :up:

That was a great episode. The Bane reference was funny, but Cartman and his security system were better. :lmao:.

Can't help but want more of Hardy's Bane. I hope there are some deleted scenes that get put in the dvd as rumored. I wouldn't mind if Bane got his own spin off movie quite honestly. :woot:

Can't help but want more of Hardy's Bane. I hope there are some deleted scenes that get put in the dvd as rumored. I wouldn't mind if Bane got his own spin off movie quite honestly. :woot:

I'd actually love if that origin scene is included n the bonus features.

Bane walking through the football stadium hallway was bossy as fu**!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"