Will the Trailer/Teaser sneak up on us

Ironman needs more marketing than Hulk though remember

Though I am not whining or complaining nor calling the marketing of this film a failure...

I do believe it needs MUCH more than Iron Man. Hulk may be an established character, but the last movie also left an impression of this next movie being crap.

In the Iron Man thread,someone posted an article outlining all the major studios' tv spots for the SB.

Hulk was not under Universal's list of spots.

Case closed.

Marketing for this film loses once again.

So is the Dark Knights Marketing losing for the first time because of No Super Bowl spot?

Seriously, I know this is the hype but man, people really tend to hype themselves over things never even announced.

"If this doesn't whet your appetite for the summer's biggest movie, then we don't know what will!"

if that quote isn't the biggest ****ing joke I've ever heard, then I don't know what is. Seriously, does anybody give a **** about Iron Man?

if that quote isn't the biggest ****ing joke I've ever heard, then I don't know what is. Seriously, does anybody give a **** about Iron Man?

Yes? I do.

And dude, what the heck? Would you prefer a company say "Meh, we have a movie coming out. See it if you want to."

No, they are always going to say things like "Biggest movie of the summer," or "#1 in America!" even if it was just #1 for a day or so. It's their job to say their films are the best.

Duh.

Yes? I do.

And dude, what the heck? Would you prefer a company say "Meh, we have a movie coming out. See it if you want to."

No, they are always going to say things like "Biggest movie of the summer," or "#1 in America!" even if it was just #1 for a day or so. It's their job to say their films are the best.

Duh.
Slow down hot stuff, I do understand (on behalf of JadeJaws) the need to hype up a movie. Iron Man needs all the marketing now because of being the new kid on the block. Adding the Hulk at this point would detract from that I was told. The Hulk will get his run and personally I think will be more successful when the smoke clears. Sup JJ!!!

Slow down hot stuff, I do understand (on behalf of JadeJaws) the need to hype up a movie. Iron Man needs all the marketing now because of being the new kid on the block. Adding the Hulk at this point would detract from that I was told. The Hulk will get his run and personally I think will be more successful when the smoke clears. Sup JJ!!!

Well then it was actually you and me that are on the same page...?

I was explaining the importance and the need to hype up one of their films where as he just said the comment Marvel made was a complete joke considering no one cares for Iron Man.

Well then it was actually you and me that are on the same page...?

I was explaining the importance and the need to hype up one of their films where as he just said the comment Marvel made was a complete joke considering no one cares for Iron Man.
Yeah I know, Iron Man is not guaranteed anything, so hyping the film up is of the utmost importance. My sources have informed me that while all the attention is on IM, the Hulk (flying under the radar) will wow people. Showing any Hulk trailers or marketing will hurt IM. I know not everyone cares about IM, but Marvel does. I think it will be good. BTW, JJ is a friend and has mood swings as we all do regarding the Hulk, lol. that only the circle understands, lol.

Yes? I do.

Duh.

I didn't say anything about their marketing strategy genius....I said that it was a joke statement. I stand by what I said.

I didn't say anything about their marketing strategy genius....I said that it was a joke statement. I stand by what I said.
And you should. Its what makes this a great forum. Sup big guy?

not much bro...how ya been? Got the piece in a frame last week. It displays very nicely....thanks again btw.
I am happy I got that for you. I got mine next to my bed, lol. I look at it before I go to bed. LMAO!!!

Yeah I know, Iron Man is not guaranteed anything, so hyping the film up is of the utmost importance. My sources have informed me that while all the attention is on IM, the Hulk (flying under the radar) will wow people. Showing any Hulk trailers or marketing will hurt IM. I know not everyone cares about IM, but Marvel does. I think it will be good. BTW, JJ is a friend and has mood swings as we all do regarding the Hulk, lol. that only the circle understands, lol.
So I guess the marketing for Hulk will start in March after the Iron Man has hit theaters?

So um...I suppose there's no hope for Hulk on the SuperBowl?

Had Universal been smart, they would have given Us the first peak at the Incredible HULK during super-bowl!!! This movie is NON-EXISTENT at this point in time! Freaken ridiculous!

So um...I suppose there's no hope for Hulk on the SuperBowl?
if this is the case, then its a bloody joke!! what the hell are they doing? man i was talking yesterday at work about this movie, and no one even new it was coming out. then of course they all said the first one was crap, so i had to try and talk them around. 4 months. thats all thats left till this movie comes out. and as a hulk fan, im getting really furious about the whole thing. i dont care if cgi aint done, we could at least see some images of hulk. even an early render, to give an idea is better than nothing. im getting fed up with coming here everyday to find nothing. but i have to keep coming back in case there is a breeakthrough. i think marvle is making the wrong choises with this movie. marketing should of been in motion sooner not later. and iron man need not fear hulk. trailers have blown minds for ironman. and ghost rider and ff4: silver surfer shared marketing time. i just dont get this whole thing.

Yep, and Marvel is acknowledging it. They are showing a teaser pic, and saying quote: "If this doesn't whet your appetite for the summer's biggest movie, then we don't know what will!"

Never really even taking notice of ol' Green skin.

My guess is truly, no Superbowl spot.
What if it's a set up. They can always come back and say: "If you think Iron Man was the biggest summer movie of 2008 then think again. Get ready for the Incredible Hulk" or something like that

What if it's a set up. They can always come back and say: "If you think Iron Man was the biggest summer movie of 2008 then think again. Get ready for the Incredible Hulk" or something like that

Let's not grasp to desperately for straws. :oldrazz:

Personally, I'm riding the excitement over Iron Man and letting it carry me to the Hulk. I don't see why we all can't do that, really. It's another Marvel character... it's just like when Spider-Man came out in 2002. What happens if Iron Man is totally awesome... AND the Hulk is totally awesome? How many people look at it that way? Sure beats "We need a damned trailer or else," doesn't it?

I'm kind of digging Marvel's tactics now. Let's face it, there are a buttload of cool / highly-anticipated movies coming at us this year. If Marvel shoots their advertising wad early, the trailer could get lost in the shuffle of all the other pre-hyping going on for the numerous other "big" movies which will be crowding into the local multiplexes.

If Marvel focuses on one film at a time, and pounds on it in the weeks leading up to the debut, then it will stay fresh in the average ticket-buyer's mind. These people are the ones who need the overwhelming hard sell. We Hulk fans have known about this forever and really need our 'fix' to keep us high in this film. However, Joe Sixpack will have a hard time separating the surge of trailers and hype sure to hit TV and movie screens in the next few months. Why waste a big chunk of money early on, only to have it fade from the public conscious shortly after popping up? People have short attention spans. Better to wait until the final stretch... and then bludgeon them with advertising of every kind.

And like many here have said, I agree that I would rather wait longer for a polished VFX-laced clip than some rough-looking slapdash thing that would likely just make the general public roll their eyes and start up with the "Shrek" jokes again. I think THAT would hurt TIH's chances for B.O. success far more than a trailer that bows a little later than we rabid fans would like but just blows everyone away.

Though I am not whining or complaining nor calling the marketing of this film a failure...

I do believe it needs MUCH more than Iron Man. Hulk may be an established character, but the last movie also left an impression of this next movie being crap.

So is the Dark Knights Marketing losing for the first time because of No Super Bowl spot?

Seriously, I know this is the hype but man, people really tend to hype themselves over things never even announced.
you mena like the sequel to one of the best comic book movies? the movie that everyone wants to see? TDK that already has two trailers?

your turn :hehe:

your sources are telling you that hulk will wooww people?

like when sources told that SR will have the best action in any superhero movie?
dude the info that you aregetting is just opinion. let '' US'' decide if the movie is WOW.

p.s. showing hulk trailer would hurt iron man? hahhahahhahahaah
are you serious :wow::huh:

For fun, here is the Super Bowl commercial for Ang Lee's Hulk.

[YT]umNbrw5LOnE[/YT]

I still can not get over the fact we havent seen a full body shot of Hulk.

I'm still trying to forget the "full body shot" from the last movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"