Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Arterton more so in the role than Blunt.

She just fits to me.

Emily would be decent for sure.

But Gemma. There's just something about her that rings WW to me, more so than any other actress. I can't quite put my finger on the reasoning, but I know she's the best choice right now.

Putting aside your mommy issues? hehe

For Gemma, I think it's her face. There's a young Diana I see more than a lot of actresses. More than Blunt even.

But I haven't seen much of her. Can she pull off an accent that's not British?? Sorry for my ignorance but ive only seen her briefly in a couple of things.

I've been thinking lately on who would be the perfect writer, somebody who understands conventions of superheroes, sci-fi and fantasy, strong female characters, and could turn over a marketable script quickly with very little need for executive meddling, and wound up with one name: Jane Espenson.

Just look at that rap sheet: Buffy, Once Upon a Time, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13, hell, even an episode of Game of Thrones. It certainly doesn't hurt that she hails from the Joss Whedon inner circle. I'd argue that she's even more qualified for this gig than Whedon ever was.
Greatest suggestion ever. As an Uber Buffy fan, I may be biased, but Espenson is such a great character writer. She just... gets it.

Ill go for the more talented actress with much better screen presence and a much more impressive and extensive resume. Also she has a more distinctive unique look. Arterton is beautiful like a hundred other models/actresses are beautiful. She'll be cheaper though, but if thats really a consideration, then this (theoretical) project is doomed anyway.

Me Personally I would still like to see Alexa Davalos play WW.

Kathryn Bigelow is the way to go. Give her some political and military plot lines that mirror modern events and she's good to go. :awesome:

She is, another outstanding suggestion. As long as she can stomach the endless parade of "So, as a woman, do you think you brought a unique voice to Wonder Woman?" interview questions.

Director: Kathryn Bigelow
Writers: Jane Espenson, David Goyer
Producers: The Snyders, The Nolans
Starring: Emily Blunt, Ryan Gosling, Gerard Butler, Octavia Spencer, Brian Cranston, with Helen Mirren and Sandra Bullock.

That's a movie that's getting seen. At the same time, you don't want to copy to much of the military-centrism from the Man of Steel franchise.

Putting aside your mommy issues? hehe

For Gemma, I think it's her face. There's a young Diana I see more than a lot of actresses. More than Blunt even.

But I haven't seen much of her. Can she pull off an accent that's not British?? Sorry for my ignorance but ive only seen her briefly in a couple of things.
Blunt is undoubtedly the better actress. But does that mean she's right for WW?

Gemma, I think is the better pick for this role.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything to go on I'm afraid regarding an American accent.

Ill go for the more talented actress with much better screen presence and a much more impressive and extensive resume. Also she has a more distinctive unique look. Arterton is beautiful like a hundred other models/actresses are beautiful. She'll be cheaper though, but if thats really a consideration, then this (theoretical) project is doomed anyway.
as Henry Cavill showed it doesn't matter how accomplished or how much notoriety you have if you fit the character and have the heart,desire,and dedication for the character it doesn't matter

sometimes on paper the best actor or actress doesn't mean you are perfect for the role

After watching Hansel and Gretel, I really don't want Arterton in the role. She's a good actress, but she can't pull off being a capable fighter whatsoever.

Blunt is undoubtedly the better actress. But does that mean she's right for WW?

Gemma, I think is the better pick for this role.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything to go on I'm afraid regarding an American accent.

why would WW have an american accent

After watching Hansel and Gretel, I really don't want Arterton in the role. She's a good actress, but she can't pull off being a capable fighter whatsoever.
Under better direction perhaps?

As long as she speaks english clearly and consicely, I don't care about the accent.

And I don't think it was the direction that made Gemma bad at action, she just doesn't pull it off; and I was right in saying she was gonna end up being the damsel in distress before H&G came out.

You mean she's like an angry child trying to fight a parent?

Hopeless no matter how hard they try :hehe:

as Henry Cavill showed it doesn't matter how accomplished or how much notoriety you have if you fit the character and have the heart,desire,and dedication for the character it doesn't matter

sometimes on paper the best actor or actress doesn't mean you are perfect for the role

Henry Cavill showed no such thing. He's a very skilled actor with a long string of lousy luck that prevented him from showing it and getting notoriety. Acting is still a skill, even though some people hadn't heard of Henry Cavill, he was the complete opposite of an overnight success.

Me Personally I would still like to see Alexa Davalos play WW.

+ 1.

Unfortunately, at 31 years old, she'll probably be out of the running by virtue of her age by the time they actually cast Wonder Woman for either Justice League or a stand-alone movie.

But, I'm hopeful that WB/DC will consider actors for Wonder Woman who are older than 25. Ideally, Wonder Woman would be around the same age as Superman.

Thinking on the problems of writing.

Why do people insist on trying to write WW in the typical way of empowering women, when things always nearly backfire? When trying to do strong women beating the big bad man, or dealing with the issues of being a woman in a man's world, it always comes across as cliche and typical.

Why can't women characters, WW, just be written as human beings? Not obvious Hollywood "women"?

Yes, Wonder Woman is meant to be about inspiring women in a man's world, showing a true dominance, honoring the woman and everything she stands for and up against.

But are there any films where this happens in some shape, and women haven't rolled their eyes at it?
Hollywood doing the old clichés over and over again?

I don't want Wonder Woman to have an American accent, Gemma's accent is fine

+ 1.

Unfortunately, at 31 years old, she'll probably be out of the running by virtue of her age by the time they actually cast Wonder Woman for either Justice League or a stand-alone movie.

But, I'm hopeful that WB/DC will consider actors for Wonder Woman who are older than 25. Ideally, Wonder Woman would be around the same age as Superman.

Well Cavill is only a year behind her, so its possible.

Where's this accent thing coming from. I never even once thought of Wonder Woman having an accent just because she comes from some fictional island that isnt American. Imo her having a different accent than she normally does would be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"