Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atwell was pretty big on these forums when there were reports that she wasn't coming back for Winter Soldier. Those reports obviosly turned out to be rubbish and people's interest in her as a candidate waned!

That's not confirmed to be in production IIRC? I thought it was just a pitch.

Let's hope it was just a pitch. I thought Agents of Shield was a bad idea, this might be worse. Why does Marvel want to make tv shows about characters the fans barely care about :doh: Agents of Shield literally has no appeal

You have a point.

It may be successful, that doesn't mean it's any good. Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are a testament to that

Let's hope it was just a pitch. I thought Agents of Shield was a bad idea, this might be worse. Why does Marvel want to make tv shows about characters the fans barely care about :doh: Agents of Shield literally has no appeal

I watched the pilot and found it extremely boring.

Atwell was pretty big on these forums when there were reports that she wasn't coming back for Winter Soldier. Those reports obviosly turned out to be rubbish and people's interest in her as a candidate waned!

I don't think interest in her has waned on the board; but if Marvel ends up monopolizing her with a Peggy Carter TV show or some other project, that will pretty much kill any chance of her playing WW.

lora kennedy, who tried to cast cavill for returns, who help get him cast in mos, who help cast suckerpunch with snyder, who's help affleck cast some of his films, will undoubtedly be involved in the casting.

seeing as debicki's height isn't advantageous according to some, based on kennedy's past castings, i hope that a casting of lucy griffiths, jessica brown findlay, tuppence middleton, mila kunis, rebecca hall, abbey cornish, vanessa kirby, or any of the midgets cast in suckerpunch are met with love. :cwink:

Last edited:

Fans barely cared about Iron Man. Gotta start somewhere.

Didnt think much of the AoS pilot either, but the shows improved a great deal since.

Kind of like Arrow. It is very common for TV shows to take several episodes to find their footing. Also, why people insist on taking shots at AOS in a debate about WONDER WOMAN is beyond me. It doesn't help their case.

Fans as-in-comic-readers are basically irrelevant to movie and TV success. General audience awareness is far more relevant a measure of potential, and once you get to "no general audience awareness", one concept is pretty much as good as another, all else being equal. Faithfulness to the source material is only a virtue, so long as its actually a virtue; slavishly following the source when it will hurt your ability to sell your story to the GA is a bad idea.

Wonder Woman can't get a movie. She can't get a TV series. What else is new?

Whats new? An increasing number of people are asking why the f... not. And its not just fan boys and girls either. This is the second article I have seen on it in the business magazine Forbes in the last few months.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/melissasilverstein/2013/10/11/why-is-it-so-hard-to-get-a-wonder-woman-movie/

The little Rainfall video received over 4M views, there was a short piece on CBS news ( I think it was CBS ) about the issue. There is a regular stream of newspaper and magazine articles on it. It even made a major Australian newspaper. Don't tell me WB's shareholders want to know why they can't make a movie. Its got to the stage were "Its too tricky" just won't do.

ta

Ralph

Last edited:
There have been other shorts before that one.

There have been other shorts before that one.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't or won't. Fans overreacting and being impatient. What else is new?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't or won't. Fans overreacting and being impatient. What else is new?
In the case of WW specifically, it's NOT a case of the fans being impatient and overreacting. WB THEMSELVES have been teasing a WW film/TV show for close to a decade, and then not following through. It's always "WW is a TOP priority for us" and then nothing happens. Plus, they can't seem to give any explanation for the delay beyond the most vague of excuses. WB has brought this upon themselves.

My wish is for a WW show before 2016.

Fans as-in-comic-readers are basically irrelevant to movie and TV success. General audience awareness is far more relevant a measure of potential, and once you get to "no general audience awareness", one concept is pretty much as good as another, all else being equal. Faithfulness to the source material is only a virtue, so long as its actually a virtue; slavishly following the source when it will hurt your ability to sell your story to the GA is a bad idea.

Because Green Arrow is such a popular character?

His only media visibility was a minor supporting character in Smallville.

In the case of WW specifically, it's NOT a case of the fans being impatient and overreacting. WB THEMSELVES have been teasing a WW film/TV show for close to a decade, and then not following through. It's always "WW is a TOP priority for us" and then nothing happens. Plus, they can't seem to give any explanation for the delay beyond the most vague of excuses. WB has brought this upon themselves.

It still is because they have given explanations. You just don't accept them. Priority means in-progress. It doesn't mean guaranteed. You overreact by making it seem like it's all up to WB when it's not. They can't just snap and make it come true. And, WB isn't a single entity. That's not how TV shows or movies work. The network choses if and when it happens. They decided to postpone it.

Considering that WB owns the DC film rights, and decides what movies to greenlight, they CAN decide to make the movie all on their own. In fact, they have the FINAL SAY as to what DC movies are made. They haven't given actual explanation, it's been stuff like "she's hard to get right." Guess what, she's not harder to get right than Superman. She's certainly no harder to adapt than Thor, yet Marvel pulled that off.

Considering that WB owns the DC film rights, and decides what movies to greenlight, they CAN decide to make the movie all on their own. In fact, they have the FINAL SAY as to what DC movies are made. They haven't given actual explanation, it's been stuff like "she's hard to get right." Guess what, she's not harder to get right than Superman. She's certainly no harder to adapt than Thor, yet Marvel pulled that off.

Which is why I say... again... that maybe they should give a woman a crack at it.

It seems that the only people we've heard who've actually pitched WW movie ideas have been men. Which is fine, because yes, there are plenty of men out there who probably could get Wonder Woman right.

But for whatever reason, the WB hasn't liked of any of the pitches, and they keep complaining about how WW is "hard to get". Maybe that's because a woman hasn't been given a chance at it? Maybe it'll be a woman who gets WW "right" for them?

On the downside, I hope WB doesn't just accept any script that a woman pitches just because... you know...a woman pitched a WW movie! That's not a guarantee for success. Not even in the same room!

But WB being WB...:whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"