Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you are talking about.:loco:

I love Evan Peters and he wasn't in the original trilogy.

Same with Olivia Munn.

Are you gonna stir something up again?

Yeah but thats because they are new characters to the franchise, you used to say you wanted more new characters and less recast versions of characters we seen before in the OT even though if they were the OT new characters you would happily see them back so you probably deep down don't fully want to accept the new cyclops, jean and storm because you wanna hold on to the OT versions.

With Olivia she is playing your favourite character and she is the only version that character thats canon now so you are gonna like her and hope she meets the OC one day.

So Yeah mostly the characters you have said you are excited for are the new ones.

Last edited:
Today i went to see civil war and for the most part enjoyed it for what i could at least tell was going on in it, there were very loud kids in the back of the theater driving me nuts which better not happen with X-Men.

Alot of the staff were in X-Men apocalypse shirts and there was several X-Men: apocalypse posters everywhere which was kinda cool

Last edited:
Did I just read somebody trying to compare the New Cast to the OT's??
1cpalbA.jpg

Edit - I kid, I kid. I like both casts. I think the casting people have done great jobs over the years, for the most part anyway...

Last edited:
Well seasoned actors vs talented newcomers is kind of an unfair comparison.

Did I just read somebody trying to compare the New Cast to the OT's??
1cpalbA.jpg

Edit - I kid, I kid. I like both casts. I think the casting people have done great jobs over the years, for the most part anyway...

Nobody in the OT accomplished anything as X-Men except Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto.

The adventure the FC has in Apocalypse will be greater than losing to Toad or whatever other non factor thing or watching Wolverine do everything like the OT cast did

Please don't start this again not many of the OT did a great job with there characters so please don't start that again. We know some prefer one over the other but it's still not going to bring the OT back for an ensemble movie no matter what. We have the new breed in Shipp,Sheridan,Turner,McPhee, and Munn so instead of continuing to complain and compare we should be happy our fav characters are represented again. Also the new actors are well accomplished actors as well and we haven't even seen most of them in the movie yet.

I just want to post this awesome pic again since those want to come for his looks like they themselves are supermodels, yet he probably makes more money in a day then most up here make in 6 months. Tye lips are very sexy btw

Can we really call McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence newcomers any more?

Taylor irks me a lot! I like a couple of her songs, but personally, I don't like her and I don't like her to play as Dazzler just incase someone decides that Dazzler should be portrayed by a real-life pop star.

Comics - Marvel property

Films - 20th Century Fox property based on the comic-book characters/concept from Marvel Comics.

Anyway outside of making a live-action Tv show and movies, Marvel can do what they want with the X-Men, cartoon series, books, videogames, merchandizes, toys and maybe a theater show too. I would love a X-Men legends III videogame.

Final trailer.
Unfortunately I believe the x-men legends series is owned by activision.. which no longer has the Marvel license I believe... so not sure a x-men legends 3 is even possible

Unfortunately I believe the x-men legends series is owned by activision.. which no longer has the Marvel license I believe... so not sure a x-men legends 3 is even possible

Nope. in the words of Taylor Swift, its never ever gonna happe

I suggest downloading X-Men Legends II or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for PC and using the modded custom characters

I see X-Men as the Savior of Marvel Comics. And Marvel and their fans have turned their back on X-Men.

X-Men had the highest viewed cartoon for Marvel
Sold 8.1 million copies of X-Men #1
Created the crossover fighting genre
X-Men Movies enough said

Every time a Marvel game out it was X-Men first
(Children of the Atom then Marvel Super Heroes, Mutant Apocalypse then Marvel War of Gems, X-Men vs Street Fighter then Marvel vs Street Fighter etc etc)

Marvel has kicked X-Men to the curb no action figures barely 4 comics a month when I use to get over 20 X books a month.

To be fair... it's incredibly common for a property to also go out of popularity...

Cap was huge in the 40s but had no place in the 50s so took a back seat until the Avengers brought him back in the 60s

The Fantastic 4 were huge from the 60s until the 90s and then went on a steady decline

Hulk was huge in the 70s and then declined in the 90s only to become popular again once the mcu put him back in

The Avengers were pretty big in the 60s and 70s but sat out most of the 80s and 90s before the mcu

The xmen were not really big until the late 80s 90s... but have struggled a bit since. Especially in the books.. and it has little to do with marvel choosing anything... they're in the business to actually make money... they arnt going to half@%& a property for no reason. The only x-property to really grow to 90s proportions has been deadpool

That all being said... you are aware "everything" can't be popular at once... and a company can't put focus onto everything at once either... it's a bit ignorant and arrogant to assume marvel as a company should spend less time focusing off of popular brands created by the films they own and that fuels the entire brand... to instead focus on a brand they do not have as much stake in...

The xmen are not the biggest brand under the sun anymore... and it's honestly no wonder why... the xmen movies really haven't been age inclusive they arnt films both kids teens and adults enjoy.. they also tend to lack humor and a sense of fun, in favor for deep dark and serious genocidal stories. That doesn't appeal to a younger audience.

It's no secret movies are the biggest form of advertising and hype. This is what also sells merchandise... and the largest portions of merchandising is what mass retail buys into and deems "worthy" they sorta also control everything... movies sell merch and merch helps sell the film in return as well basically snowballing the brand.

The xmen films (and fantastic four) spun toy lines that unfortunately peg warmed (didn't sell and kept product longer in stores than stores wanted) the most notorious being the x-men origins and x-men 3 characters who were in 2 packs and part of the Marvel legends line. Stores bought a bunch because of the xmen brand (they care about a brand title not movie vs comic) and thus for subsequent years severely limited their inventory. The black leather costumes were not appealing to children

Hasbro had such a hard time trying to find a home for the wolverine legends wave they scrapped 2 figures from it and had to make it an online/specialty store exclusive. The xmen legends wave with a build a figure jubilee (and had very heavy hitters like Cyke, Magneto, wolverine and storm) also were forced into being retail exclusive (toys r us)

Luckily though the wave that is comic based, and comes out this summer is mass retail for the first time in a long time... so that's a great sign things are turning around (as long as they sell well)

When the disney/marvel purchase happened it unfortunately canceled some great things.. like wolverine and the xmen and avengers earth mightiest... Disney can only do so many animated shows at once... there's just not enough space in programming and animation studios they work with to go around... and it's incredibly logical that they want to continue the brand promotion on properties they do have a big stake in.. so you can't really fault them for that...

The bright side is... sometimes properties simply need a break (which the fantastic 4 are doing now above everything else) in order to rest, disappear, and then get people missing them. So they can make a big return better than ever.

Which I can easily see happening if Apocalypse turns out to be a really fantastic film and mass retail will also view the property as very viable if the xmen legends wave of figures is very successful...

I'm ordering a case of that wave to ensure I even get it... it's highly anticipated among fans... and includes figures of (cable, Deadpool, iceman, Phoenix, Havok, kitty pride, and rogue with juggernaut rumored to be the baf) it's no secret those are all pretty big names... Hasbro wants the line to sell just as much as everyone else.... so hopefully it does... that combined with the film could easily make the property popular again.

**looks at Tye's lazy eyes and lips**... okay

I don't prefer Mei Melancon as Psylocke. I prefer Olivia Munn. Are you happy now?:yay:

I'm with you. I mean.. tye looks sexy in his Jim Lee uniform but sans visor I don't really have much interest.. plus both are different.. I'd call tom really cute. But I wouldn't call him sexy. I but that's also why I'm more attracted to Tom than Tye. I always prefer "cute" over "sexy" cute is hotter to me.

We'll see how you feel after Apocalypse releases. But the fact you know OT Psylocke name proved how much you love the OT

Are you now not only raging a war trying to split fox vs marvel fans apart . But now also trying to rage a war between those who may prefer the OT and FCT casts???? And speak down to OT fans as if their opinions dont matter?

Jesus you must be hell bent on passing C.Lee off...

Good luck with that

That's incredible, and slightly crazy haha. Would love to attend.

I think Tom is cuter too, but Tye is ten times the actor, so I'm glad we got him.

Honestly question... how can anyone say Tye is 10x's the actor... I thought people only really knew him from the small cult film "scouts guide" I wouldn't really base an actors entire range and skill on one film.....

I really haven't heard or seen him in anything else.. so I really have no opinion of him yet.

Honestly question... how can anyone say Tye is 10x's the actor... I thought people only really knew him from the small cult film "scouts guide" I wouldn't really base an actors entire range and skill on one film.....

I really haven't heard or seen him in anything else.. so I really have no opinion of him yet.
Mud (2012) and Joe (2013) and in both he held his own against respected actors (or in the case of Cage, a has-been-respected actor).

Although I wouldn't compare him to Holland like that. I mean Holland was amazing in The Impossible.

Nobody in the OT accomplished anything as X-Men except Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto.

The adventure the FC has in Apocalypse will be greater than losing to Toad or whatever other non factor thing or watching Wolverine do everything like the OT cast did

OT cast is done. They will do anything in their power to lock up this cast for another 2-3 films.

No reason to compete the 2 actors really since its ok to find one cuter then the other.

IMDB. Like others have said, he was terrific in both mud and joe. He also has a great performance in The Stanford Prisoner experiment.

IMDB. Like others have said, he was terrific in both mud and joe. He also has a great performance in The Stanford Prisoner experiment.

Was just curious. Didn't see any of those or hear much about them other than their leading celebs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"