Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see F4 joining the MCU with fox involvement way before I could see it happening with X-men personally.

This whole debate is probably pointless in the long run.

And this is truly the only scenario that even matters to me. Get FF home pronto.

But that has nothing to do with the type of deal that is being rumored between FOX and Disney. It wouldn't be the same scenario.

it and spider-man prove if fox/disney deal happens X-Men universe will be rebooted.

it and spider-man prove if fox/disney deal happens X-Men universe will be rebooted.

And what if it does?

Orgins Wolverine contradicted what came before. So that's sort of a reboot.
Then First Class contradicts Origins. Reboot again.
Then DOFP is their official "soft reboot".
Apocalypse completely ignores the Mystique/Stryker/Logan thing. Another reboot.

I'm pretty sure continuity will be tossed out the window again in the next film.
By now you should be used to them reboots.

At least Wade is getting more material for jokes in his movies.

the origin they presented at begining of the incredable hulk was different than Hulk.trimming down origin to brief thin under opening credits and cutting out character stuff is why edwar dnorton had his falling out with marvel.

Edward norton had no beef with the origin being in the intro.... he had beef with wanting control and marvel not letting him have it.

where are you getting all this misinformation?

the origin was different with the super-soldier serum.. but to the general audience they didn't pay attention to any of that

if you don't care about X-Men why are you in X-Men board.i don't go into MCU films boards that i care nothing about.

When I say "matters" Im talking about one of these properties going back to Marvel's control. I am discussing the future of Xmen and the options Fox can take just like you and everyone else here. Thank You very much.....

if you don't care about X-Men why are you in X-Men board.i don't go into MCU films boards that i care nothing about.

He wants an reaction so that when someone calls him out, he can get upset and say that he can't express his opinion here.

When I say "matters" Im talking about one of these properties going back to Marvel's control. I am discussing the future of Xmen and the options Fox can take just like you and everyone else here. Thank You very much.....

Yet giving them backhand complements like calling them "stale".

..... it proves absolutely nothing. do you know what "proof" is?

all it does is "suggest" a "maybe" and the X-men property is vast and huge.. just because the Xavier X-men team is rebooted does it mean the Deadpool one is...

the deadpool property has nothing holding it back... good first film, praised actor, and does not have strings attached to the other x-men films.... and infact has more MCU seeds planted... seriously.. you wouldn't even have to clarify in the film that he's with the MCU now.. just include more stuff like the Hellicarrier.

Looking at the post you replied to, I thought it was pretty clear what you meant.

He wants an reaction so that when someone calls him out, he can get upset and say that he can't express his opinion here.

says the poster who's egging on a paranoid dude who is also just wanting a reaction out of people... :whatever:

it's not a back handed complement..its the cold hard truth.. and the critics and #'s speak volumes.. no one even has to say it..

this ship is sinking... you either stay on it hoping it comes back up.. or you abandon ship and live another day.

seriously.. add something productive to the convo rather than talking out the side of your mouth and just egging conflict on...

Last edited:

This current franchise is "stale". I for one would hope they can right the ship. They can't continue with where its going. This isn't just about Apocalypse and its performance, its about the future of a 16 year old franchise and what they should do. Im just telling it like it is. Pretend it all peaches and cream if you want.

Feel free to respond to me. I don't bite. I play nice unlike others you may have encountered. I am capable of being civil and remaining calm. I don't get upset over such things like fictional characters and studios.

As I said before, if you were thrilled with the film's performance then I would see why no change is needed. But we all know better.......

Why don't you answer my questions a few pages back.

you and others just hate X-men films.

whenever i wonder if i am too hard on MCU people like you make me realize no i am not.

Marvelrobbins, you might as well go to the MCU film boards since you complain about the MCU in every other post here.

My God you x-fanboys are waaaay too touchy,you take everything as an offense or attack, when here every day a couple of people always need to bash other movies/studios to feel better for Pete's sake. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Hmmm the latest barrage of posts is pleasantly surprising. The boards were in danger of dying down now that the hype has died down.

This happens to be the general X-Men thread, ergo the beating heart. :cwink:

whenever i wonder if i am too hard on MCU people like you make me realize no i am not.

Did Youngblood tag you back in?

There is no hate in my heart. I bestow praise when something is fun, entertaining intelligent etc.... and criticism when its very mediocre or awful.

I look forward to films that leave me wanting more. If the last film is a stinker I discuss other possibilities to keep it viable. This is where we are with Xmen.

Deadpool......sign me up for the sequel right now. You seem to realize that changes need to be made. At least we agree on that.

Yet you "hate" the MCU. I could care less about the Xmen in the MCU. I made that clear. Whatever the MCU is doing it has connected with audiences. I am sure FOX wants the same for its own franchises. I don't really support a merger here but if anything can inject some life into this series I am for it. They need to make a big splash.

Woah! Just one day I was gone and marvelrobbins sets the board on fire...

He must have unlocked some new power hidden inside of him, inspired by Apocalypse to rise as a new sun among us, to burn everything to ashes for a better hype

I love some of the xfilms and hate some of the xfilms... a spade is a spade I'll call it like I see it.

Hell I went to X2 in theaters dressed as iceman....

Truth.

I don't believe X-Men are going anywhere any time soon.

But I do have an issue with the mentality that only FOX can do X-Men movies "right" and that if someone else does them they'd be no good.

Guess what? FOX didn't create X-Men. They had no hand in establishing the cultural themes embedded into the mythos and as a matter of fact in the past they've shown not to care much about many save a very few of that universe's characters. Who's to say they won't continue to do that? Look how much respect they showed Angel in their last movie...
So don't come tell me they're the one and only authority on X-Men.

Who in the hell has said only fox can do it right? If anything I've only heard that from people who desperately want it back at marvel as if marvel craps bricks of gold.

Marvelrobbins, you are fighting for what you believe in and love and I respect that. But damn, you are in denial.

Two things I think you should accept:
-The X-Men franchise is dying
-an MCU X-Men doesn't guarantee a child friendly comedy like you suggest. Something within the tones of Civil War and DD (BOTH MCU PROPERTIES!!!) is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"