The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think of this song when it comes to the DCEU and it's directors.

[YT]TMCthi3pFEQ[/YT]

Yeah until Reeves parks his butt in that director's chair and starts directing, I take this latest news with no excitement. Reeves could walk at any time with this franchise's track record.

Yeah and even if he shoots the movie, what about the script problems? Deathstroke/Manganiello's involvement? Ben Affleck?

What do you all think of 'Nightwing having his solo movie' idea?

Another desperate tactic. Nightwing has not even been established in a Batman movie and he's getting a solo?

I'm a total sucker, its Grayson and can't help but be excited for it with McKay's involvement. They're doing it on the fly, but now that the character I care about most (who I wasn't even sure was in this universe) is here, I need to have hope.

McKay's Lego Justice League Movie will have to wait

That's true too. But they can do it justice if Nightwing is a success. You can bring Grayson into the Batman in a small role and people will then be able to buy into that character. Then maybe he replaces Bruce in the cowl during Justice League 2 (let's say Bruce dies by the hand of Darkseid).

OR you have Dick debut in The Batman and then spin off from there, which is more logical.

But if they make a Nightwing movie and it fails. It ruins that character in this universe. They'll want to cut his scenes in The Batman. And WB will take that as a "boy oh boy, audiences just hate Grayson don't they ! Let's not touch this character for another 20 years damnit!". I don't know about you but I always picture Vince McMahon when I think of a studio exec or WB exec to be exact :hehe:

I like the idea of the movie, but between The Batman, Gotham City Sirens, and now this, they really are turning this to the BCU.

I would assume that Grayson is going to be a part of the Batman film. That was my assumption based on the two announcements coming so close together. And coming off the Lego Batman movie, which was a solid Robin story- I can't get too upset about Chris McKay being attached.

Honestly, the hiring of Reeves and McKay are probably the two moves I find myself feeling most positive about since the DCU started. It was hard for me to ever get too excited with Snyder in such a central role. The more they get away from that, the better, in my book.

Now we'll just have to see if the talent is up to the task, and if WB will give them sufficient room to execute their visions. Honestly, I may actually be more intrigued by the Nightwing movie at this point. I'm definitely interested to see what Matt Reeves done with Batman, but sadly Batman does feel pretty overexposed these days and the franchise is just missing that aura that it used to have. Maybe Reeves can bring it back, but for now I'm finding the idea of a Grayson/Nightwing movie a bit more fresh and exciting.

I agree but the writer for Nightwing worries me. Same with The Batman.

yeah the writer seems like an average studio guy but I really hope McKay has a lot of influence. That would really excite me.

please, let me have this lol

All hope was almost gone, and then Nightwing gave me newfound optimism. This movie is going to work!!!! Rest of the DCEU is questionable though

You can have it man! But the writer gives me zero confidence and aren't they just looking at McKay? Or is he close to signing?

I still haven't seen Lego Batman by the way.

:oldrazz:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34856613&postcount=468

I know that I’m going to get flamed for this, but it’s no secret that I loathe Lego Batman. There are numerous reasons, none of which is a desire to be brazenly freethinking or provoke negative emotions out of others. While I have no problem asserting that Lego Batman might is the low point for DC in cinema, and possibly the worst licensed comic book adaptation ever made (note that I just disqualified fan films and comic book anomalies like 3 Dev Adam), I still have a very small degree of admiration for its existence. My singular reason for viewing it in the theater was that my youngest daughter wanted to see it. Lego Batman will undoubtedly hook young kids into the Batman mythos. I can only hope they aren’t disappointed when they find that his dreary world and tunnel-visioned essence are the antithesis of what the Lego Batman movie presented.

Beyond my hope that Lego Batman made a few lifelong comic book fans, it did have one positive effect for me. Although I have been a fan of the DCEU since Man of Steel, I’ve been critical of certain castings and storylines. While I can admit that the DCEU isn’t perfect, I realize that comic book fans could still be stuck in the days of hollow made-for-TV movies and Ill-conceived trash. Lego Batdouche reminded me that there was a time when nothing important was even attempted in comic book adaptations, let alone something as magnificent as a shared universe. While I know that some fans prefer this type of story, it was the worst experience that I’ve had watching a CBM since Batman & Robin 20 years ago.

While I have no problem asserting that Lego Batman might is the low point for DC in cinema, and possibly the worst licensed comic book adaptation ever made

Lol, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm willing to bet almost no one agrees. This might actually be a rare case of "Am I the only one who..." actually being true.

It's Lantern Venom. He thought Enchantress was an awesome villain in SS.

Haven't seen it, but does this guy have a sense of humor?

Razzie winners are announced!

Worst Picture
Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party – Gerald R. Molen

Worst Director
Dinesh D'Souza and Bruce Schooley for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Worst Actor
Dinesh D'Souza for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as himself

Worst Actress
Rebekah Turner for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as Hillary Clinton

Worst Supporting Actor
Jesse Eisenberg for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Lex Luthor

Worst Supporting Actress
Kristen Wiig for Zoolander 2 as Alexanya Atoz

Worst Screen Combo
Ben Affleck and his BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Worst Screenplay
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, from the characters created by DC Comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37th_Golden_Raspberry_Awards

The anti Hillary movie was always a lock to win its categories, its hollywood. but at least Jesse got the proper recognition. If only Jared were a co-winner, both very deserving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"