Zak Penn: Q & A's from the XVerse on Hulk 2

Obi-Ron said:
I'm totally with you on this. The fact that Ang Lee insisted on being in the motion-capture suit himself shows a lack of understanding of the nature of the character.

Or a greater dedication to the project and making the character as effective onscreen as possible.

Ions said:
hallway2.jpg

This is just right. I don't know if he's 7 or 8 feet tall. Ceiling heights are ususally 8 to 9 feet in office buildings. He fits into the room. A 15 foot tall Hulk would have his head through the ceiling. This height looks right :up:

Stormyprecious said:
Or a greater dedication to the project and making the character as effective onscreen as possible.

As 2 sides of the same character, I believe Hulk & Banner would have been more effective if played by the same actor.

Gamma Ray said:
Damn it! Zak Penn is writing this? DAMN!

Some would say beggers cant be choosers. well, Im begging for a new Hulk film, but if it's going to be as half assed as X3, I'd rather starve. :down

Ions said:
Just for perspective of what Hulk we mean, here's Hulk from that scene. As i've said previously. He looks pretty good there. Maybe give him abit more of an angry face(like some of the scenes during the dog fight, when he was getting really pissed off) as he does look too baby faced.
hallway2.jpg

hallway.jpg

I liked this scene because it really did show how big and wide Hulk was. :up:

Bravo!

Nivek said:
Some would say beggers cant be choosers. well, Im begging for a new Hulk film, but if it's going to be as half assed as X3, I'd rather starve. :down

Well unless Hulk goes to Fox we should be fine. :)

Nivek said:

I understand what you are saying, i hate X3 as well, but i'm willing to give the guy another chance, he will have a lot more freedom on this than he did on X3, which could be a good or a bad thing, but i'm willing to wait and see the developments.

well, I've seen almost everything on his resume, so Its not like Im totally unfamilier with the guy. X3 just left an aweful stink, probobly because I raised my exspectations enough to see it opening weekend.

I thought X3 was awesome aside from Foxs usual problems.

Well i hated X3, and i wont lie, i hate it with a passion, but its clear the screen writers had some restrictions, so with a bit more freedom on this, he may just turn out a great script, which is what i hope.

If you hate it that is fine. But I don't really think Zak deserves much of the blame for what you hated. Without him I don't even think we would have had Cyclops in the movie at all. He is fan and knows what fans want and seems to try his best to make it happen.

Nivek said:

Well it's all kinda moot now. From what we've read he seems like a Hulk fan and that can't be a bad thing. The only real scary thing is he keeps saying the name Bruce Jones. :eek: One thing for sure, if this movie completely blows the pro-Ang crowd will never shut up. One day I hope for a complete Re-start with the original origin of the Hulk intact :up:

Edit: Oh yeah , Cool Avatar :D

Cracker Jack said:
One day I hope for a complete Re-start with the original origin of the Hulk intact :up:
I second that!:up:

The only thing I found interesting about X3 was that Arclight's power was a coll effect that could be repeated for the Hulk's hand clap ^10

RedIsNotBlue said:
If you hate it that is fine. But I don't really think Zak deserves much of the blame for what you hated. Without him I don't even think we would have had Cyclops in the movie at all. He is fan and knows what fans want and seems to try his best to make it happen.

I still think they could have done more with Cyclops, and he did cure Rogue, kill Jean, and did that stupid transferring conscience **** with Xavier.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I still think they could have done more with Cyclops, and he did cure Rogue, kill Jean, and did that stupid transferring conscience **** with Xavier.

1. Not really actually. Marsden couldn't even really have a schedule with Superman Returns. "More" really wasn't possible. I don't think alot of people understand movies go farther than just the script. There is alot of studio politics, contracts, schedules, etc. It isn't easy as "writing him" a certain way. Keep in mind they didn't actually SHOW Scott being killed and I think this was done purposely so he could easily be brought back in the future if they wanted.

2. Blame Singer for Rogue. He is the one that made her into the damsel in the distress and planted the character seed for her.

3. Jean dies?? Uhhh sounds alot like the comics. And in the comics she came back. Hmmm. Let me tell you how she died she could be brought back if need be.

4. That Xavier scene was done by Ratner I believe. I do know it wasn't even put down on paper but not sure who actually thought it up. And ONCE again...things like it happen ALL the time in the comics. It is like they tried to make this film closer to the source material and please more fans but there is alot of people that didn't like it. :confused: Oh well...to each his own.

RedIsNotBlue said:
1. Not really actually. Marsden couldn't even really have a schedule with Superman Returns. "More" really wasn't possible. I don't think alot of people understand movies go farther than just the script. There is alot of studio politics, contracts, schedules, etc. It isn't easy as "writing him" a certain way. Keep in mind they didn't actually SHOW Scott being killed and I think this was done purposely so he could easily be brought back in the future if they wanted.

2. Blame Singer for Rogue. He is the one that made her into the damsel in the distress and planted the character seed for her.

3. Jean dies?? Uhhh sounds alot like the comics. And in the comics she came back. Hmmm. Let me tell you how she died she could be brought back if need be.

4. That Xavier scene was done by Ratner I believe. I do know it wasn't even put down on paper but not sure who actually thought it up. And ONCE again...things like it happen ALL the time in the comics. It is like they tried to make this film closer to the source material and please more fans but there is alot of people that didn't like it. :confused: Oh well...to each his own.

1) Well it turned out that they had Marsden for a lot longer than they originally scheduled, so they did have more time to film something with him.

2) I dont blame Singer for Rogue at all, was she the damsel in distress in 2 when she nearly went for Magneto and Iceman stopped her, was she the damsel in distress in 2 when she made Iceman go back for Logan, was she the damsel in distress in 2 when she stopped Pyro's rampage or when she flew the Jet? Singer had set her up in two to become more confident and i am sure he would have carried this on in 3.

3) This isnt the comics, killing people and always bringing them back would be stupid considering the realistic tone set in the movies, especially the first two.

4) Again this isnt the comics, and maybe it Ratner who did that scene, but i count X3 as a collaberative **** up.

1. SCHEDULED. He was scheduled for certain time and it was written a certain way already. Your still not getting it...haha. I agree Cyclops got shafted but that was the best that could have been done sadly.

2. No sorry. Rogue was completely written wrong along with Storm. It is sad we didn't get the Storm we wanted till the 3rd movie. But hey if you liked the character to each his own.

3. Singer set the realistic tone TOO high in his films. It was nice to some more of the fantastic elements in X3. These are movies about mutants who do amazing things remember? BUT...I do not want Jean coming back. Her character arc has completed and bringing her back would be pointless.

4. I think your really putting alot of the blame on wrong people. Fox ****ed it up from the getgo with these ridiculous schedules and constraints. Blame Fox.

RedIsNotBlue said:
1. SCHEDULED. He was scheduled for certain time and it was written a certain way already. Your still not getting it...haha. I agree Cyclops got shafted but that was the best that could have been done sadly.

Yes, but when they found out that they had for more time, they could have easily added something in, it sounds to me that Marsden had a lot of free time on this production. Surely they could have added more scene's as they did with Magneto and Xavier

RedIsNotBlue said:
No sorry. Rogue was completely written wrong along with Storm. It is sad we didn't get the Storm we wanted till the 3rd movie. But hey if you liked the character to each his own.

Well i disagree, Rogue was becoming more confident and even sassy in X2, that was clear. She wasnt no damsel in distress in number 2 by any stretch of the imagination. Storm i think has got better in each movie, and her performance in X3 was one of the few good things about it.

RedIsNotBlue said:
3. Singer set the realistic tone TOO high in his films. It was nice to some more of the fantastic elements in X3. These are movies about mutants who do amazing things remember? BUT...I do not want Jean coming back. Her character arc has completed and bringing her back would be pointless.

Again i disagree, i think slowly Singer's movies would have gotten less realistic, as X2 was more radical than X1, but he still would have kept it more realsitic than transferring conscience into another ****ing body half way across the world!

RedIsNotBlue said:
4. I think your really putting alot of the blame on wrong people. Fox ****ed it up from the getgo with these ridiculous schedules and constraints. Blame Fox.

I think you misunderstand, i put a lot of blame on Fox for X3, in fact i blame them more than anyone, but Ratner and the writers are still responsible for a lot of what was wrong with the movie.

Anyway, shouldnt we be discussing this on another board?

Yes lets stop not just because of wrong forums but we obviously have 2 different viewpoints on the subject.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Yes lets stop not just because of wrong forums but we obviously have 2 different viewpoints on the subject.

:up: Agreed, anyway i have said before i am willing to give Penn a chance on this.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Yes, but when they found out that they had for more time, they could have easily added something in, it sounds to me that Marsden had a lot of free time on this production. Surely they could have added more scene's as they did with Magneto and Xavier

Well i disagree, Rogue was becoming more confident and even sassy in X2, that was clear. She wasnt no damsel in distress in number 2 by any stretch of the imagination. Storm i think has got better in each movie, and her performance in X3 was one of the few good things about it.

Again i disagree, i think slowly Singer's movies would have gotten less realistic, as X2 was more radical than X1, but he still would have kept it more realsitic than transferring conscience into another ****ing body half way across the world!

I think you misunderstand, i put a lot of blame on Fox for X3, in fact i blame them more than anyone, but Ratner and the writers are still responsible for a lot of what was wrong with the movie.

Anyway, shouldnt we be discussing this on another board?
wow you have really horrible ****ing ytaste Dude Singer TOTALLY ****Ed OVER Rouges CHARCTER ANNA PAQUIN WASNt EVEN REMOTELY ROUGE!! NO ROUGE ATTITUDE No ROUGE LOOK! NOTHING THe ***** WAS RINO! ANS SHE WAS ****ING HORRID!! if you WANNA SEE HOW ROUGE SHOULD ACT AND LOOK!! SEE BLADE TRINITY! CAUSE JESSICA BEIL! ABIGAIL PHUCKING WHISTLER!! NOW THATS ROUGE U JACKASS!!!:rolleyes:

RobinluvsBabs said:
wow you have really horrible ****ing ytaste Dude Singer TOTALLY ****Ed OVER Rouges CHARCTER ANNA PAQUIN WASNt EVEN REMOTELY ROUGE!! NO ROUGE ATTITUDE No ROUGE LOOK! NOTHING THe ***** WAS RINO! ANS SHE WAS ****ING HORRID!! if you WANNA SEE HOW ROUGE SHOULD ACT AND LOOK!! SEE BLADE TRINITY! CAUSE JESSICA BEIL! ABIGAIL PHUCKING WHISTLER!! NOW THATS ROUGE U JACKASS!!!:rolleyes:

pharma_ritalin-l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"