BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman/Superman: World's Finest or Superman/Batman: World's Finest feel like better titles to me. But, if it is called Batman vs Superman it is what it is. Butts are going to be in the seats in BIG numbers that's for sure no matter what it's called.
Also if its called first Superman/Batman:World's Finest
then for future sequels can called only World's Finest 2
But I'm more from
Man of Steel 2: TDK over Metropolis (Yeah I know its long but sounds awesome)
Man of Steel 2: World's Finest
Man of Steel 2: Public Enemies

Seriously, if there will ever be a superhero film that does NOT need the names of the heroes in the title, this is it. As someone just said, the symbols alone are enough to let people know what this film is about...since the Batsymbol and Superman shield are literally two of the most iconic symbols in all of pop culture and around the world. At this point, it'd just be redundant to plaster their names above the symbols on every poster and in every trailer.

Have some class, WB.

I hope this movie has a title sequence similar to The Watchmen. Showing things like Krypton exploding, young Bruce kneeling in front of his dead parents, young Clark lifting something heavy and amazing Martha, Bruce training, Clark meeting Jor-El, a back-shot of Bruce as he stares at the Batsuit, etc.
It'd be OUTSTANDING!!!!

IMO Batman vs Superman is a better title and I know people hate vs titles. It conjures up a lot of images and questions…something a good title does…
"Batman and Superman are in the same movie…and they are fighting??? Why? I have to see this??"
I think Superman/Batman: World's Finest could fit more and could get people familiarized with the title

The way that I think about it, Detroit has a more fitting Skyline for Gotham, which is why I prefer it over Chicago's "Metropolis-esque" skyline. All cities have their rough slums and nice burbs, but I like Detroit's ratio for Gotham.
Agreed..

Last edited:
I hope this movie has a title sequence similar to The Watchmen. Showing things like Krypton exploding, young Bruce kneeling in front of his dead parents, young Clark lifting something heavy and amazing Martha, Bruce training, Clark meeting Jor-El, a back-shot of Bruce as he stares at the Batsuit, etc.

I hope not. Save that kind of sequence for JL. I want Batman to be a completely unseen mystery when this film starts.

Seriously, if there will ever be a superhero film that does NOT need the names of the heroes in the title, this is it. As someone just said, the symbols alone are enough to let people know what this film is about...since the Batsymbol and Superman shield are literally two of the most iconic symbols in all of pop culture and around the world. At this point, it'd just be redundant to plaster their names above the symbols on every poster and in every trailer.

Have some class, WB.

but yet we still has Man of Steel posters with the title Man of Steel and Henry Cavill dressed as Superman and the big \S/ glyph….thats kind of redundant…or the Batman begins poster with Batman on it and the title Batman Begins with the Bat symbol. Redundancy is not a bad thing in marketing.

man-of-steel-+new+flying+poster.jpg

ent_2943_1753.jpg

Last edited:
Does the title really that much? To me, they could call it "Adventures with Superman and Batman" or something equally as horrible and I really wouldn't care.

I hope not. Save that kind of sequence for JL. I want Batman to be a completely unseen mystery when this film starts.

They don't have to show the Batsuit. They could show Alfred looking ahead at Bruce as Batman for the first time, while we see the shadow of the Bat.

Not saying I wouldn't like a sequence for JL as well, but I'd like it here especially.

I think this movie starts on Superman saving casualties from the WE and/or giving respects to the casualties with as special day of commemoration

but yet we still has Man of Steel posters with the title Man of Steel and Henry Cavill dressed as Superman and the big \S/ glyph….thats kind of redundant…or the Batman begins poster with Batman on it and the title Batman Begins with the Bat symbol. Redundancy is not a bad thing in marketing.

Man of Steel is not Superman's name. You didn't see his name on every poster, simply because it wasn't needed. People know what Superman looks like and what his symbol stands for. So my point is, if World's Finest was the title of the movie, you wouldn't have people staring dumbfounded at the poster since it would likely feature those two iconic symbols and even images of the characters.

BB had Batman in the title because A) it was stressing that we would finally see the beginning of Batman and B) after B&R it would've been especially hard to market a new Batman movie without his name in the title. Once Nolan had re-established Batman on film (like Snyder did with Supes), he made the bold move of titling the next film The Dark Knight...which did not have Batman's name in the title and went on to become one of the biggest movies ever.

I just don't see why after the title Man of Steel was used that they need to go back to having Superman and Batman's name in the title. I also don't see how anyone could say World's Finest is a "silly" title.

If WB doesn't call this next film ""vs"" it would be...dumb.
If they want to compete with Marvel, a studio that has been somewhat unconventional in their shame, they need to start playing.

I think this movie starts on Superman saving casualties from the WE and/or give them respect to the casualties with as special day of commemoration

Always open with a bang. I would go with a big action piece of Superman saving people…I don't know what it is yet because I keep reverting to him saving a plane and I think it's become cliche for him. Maybe the space shuttle or something…something huge that only Superman can do…while he's doing that the camera pulls back and we see we were watching the event unfold on a monitor. We continue to pull back…over the shoulder of a familiar bat-shaped shadow watching the monitor.

Have some class, WB.
Which titles do you suggest?

They don't have to show the Batsuit. They could show Alfred looking ahead at Bruce as Batman for the first time, while we see the shadow of the Bat.

You mean the first thing in the movie or first time as Batman?

We've already been told Batman has been doing this for some time, so that wouldn't really make sense.

Man of Steel is not Superman's name. You didn't see his name on every poster, simply because it wasn't needed. People know what Superman looks like and what his symbol stands for. So my point is, if World's Finest was the title of the movie, you wouldn't have people staring dumbfounded at the poster since it would likely feature those two iconic symbols and even images of the characters.

Man of Steel is a nickname for Superman the world knows. People who don't read comics know that Superman's nickname is the Man of Steel.

I just don't see why after the title Man of Steel was used that they need to go back to having Superman and Batman's name in the title. I also don't see how anyone could say World's Finest is a "silly" title.

and that is the problem because you are only thinking of posters…there are many more ways of marketing the movie…there were quite a few signs around Hollywood that were just this:

man-of-steel-title.jpg

super_man_by_kerong-d3l2qcc.jpg

Metropolis.JPG

3OxHw.jpg

They need to focus the difference between both cities... hope they shoot some gothic buildings from Europe, I don't know Central Europe?

this scene could be great on screen but of course with the movie style
BMSM_5_01_600.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about that too…going back to the whole "More powerful than a locomotive".
In the DP newspaper with "More powerful than a locomotive" would be a pretty great moment IMO

Always open with a bang. I would go with a big action piece of Superman saving people…I don't know what it is yet because I keep reverting to him saving a plane and I think it's become cliche for him. Maybe the space shuttle or something…something huge that only Superman can do…while he's doing that the camera pulls back and we see we were watching the event unfold on a monitor. We continue to pull back…over the shoulder of a familiar bat-shaped shadow watching the monitor.
Yeah I agree on a train also or maybe a space station ala Superman Unchained but would be awesome if he had a difficult time and almost impossible to do it and then at the middle he remembers how he was saving some casualties from the WE and having a difficult time on the ones he couldn't save adding drama to the scene... But I think they will connect both scenes ala TDK showing Superman saving some casualties from the WE and the way doesn't matter if its flashback or showing it at the beginning of the movie..

Last edited:
You mean the first thing in the movie or first time as Batman?

We've already been told Batman has been doing this for some time, so that wouldn't really make sense.

The first time he's Batman. I was referring to my post about a title sequence going through their lives.

I thought about that too…going back to the whole "More powerful than a locomotive".

Exactly. The space station is a great idea, but I'd rather they save it for the Watchtower in JL.

Superman saving anyone from any situation is cliche at this point. It's hard to be totally original with 75 years of material to draw from. But I agree, your opening sequence idea is great. :)

Superman saving anyone from any situation is cliche at this point. It's hard to be totally original with 75 years of material to draw from. But I agree, your opening sequence idea is great. :)

I was thinking about this yesterday on how I would start this film and almost every idea I had was already done…either by Superman or Marvel. I was thinking of even having him save victims of a massacre but we saw something like that in Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"