BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh look a movie is changing a characters origin…because that never happens

236689_whatchu_talkin_bout_willis.jpg

Croc is a horrible villain anyway. If you want to put him into a dark movie, as a cameo to scare some people by making him look really freaky...then go ahead. But that's the only way that would get me on board. Even that feels like it could be a stretch in this universe. Im not hearing anything that makes me feel like the Snyderverse is some Arkham looking Gotham where monsters roam around. It's probably shot in Detroit and pretty real looking . Im assuming that the most fantastical thing so far in Gotham City are the drones Batman starts creating. Maybe Freeze can happen in the future of that universe but i dont see anything working at this point other than mobsters, thieves, rapists, serial killers, crazies in costumes.

Strange could create Croc or Man-Bat but i dont think that's the case yet. Might not ever be the case. The idea is that it's an ordinary world and the whole planet hasn't really seen anything quite like Superman or Zod. That's the most outlandish thing yet.

I agree it could be done, but my concern is Joker and Lex are the primary villains for each character. While we may never see another iconic turn like Ledger, both of these characters need to have some really good stories attached to each of them to build up the actual danger they both possess. In STAS Lex had already been shown as the primary antagonist, and BTAS and BNAS did a fantastic job of building up the Joker...with of course a great assist from Hamill's voice acting. We've had none of that build up for these characters in MOS, so introducing them so early might not be a good thing in and of itself even though it does sound awesome. :yay:

i agree. joker is batman's arch nemesis so, you're probably better off with them having their thing, before you start involving anyone else.

oh look a movie is changing a characters origin…because that never happens

236689_whatchu_talkin_bout_willis.jpg
thank you.
Croc is a horrible villain anyway. If you want to put him into a dark movie, as a cameo to scare some people by making him look really freaky...then go ahead. But that's the only way that would get me on board. Even that feels like it could be a stretch in this universe. Im not hearing anything that makes me feel like the Snyderverse is some Arkham looking Gotham where monsters roam around. It's probably shot in Detroit and pretty real looking . Im assuming that the most fantastical thing so far in Gotham City are the drones Batman starts creating. Maybe Freeze can happen in the future of that universe but i dont see anything working at this point other than mobsters, thieves, rapists, serial killers, crazies in costumes.

Strange could create Croc or Man-Bat but i dont think that's the case yet. Might not ever be the case. The idea is that it's an ordinary world and the whole planet hasn't really seen anything quite like Superman or Zod. That's the most outlandish thing yet.

that's all he really is. there's nothing fascinating about the guy as a batman villain. certainly not one you'd revolve an entire bat movie on.

Croc is a horrible villain anyway. If you want to put him into a dark movie, as a cameo to scare some people by making him look really freaky...then go ahead. But that's the only thing that would get me on board. Even that feels like it could be a stretch in this universe. Im not hearing anything that makes me feel like the Snyderverse is some Arkham looking Gotham where monsters roam around. It's probably shot in Detroit and pretty real looking . Im assuming that the most fantastical thing so far in Gotham City are the drones Batman starts creating. Maybe Freeze can happen in the future of that universe but i dont see anything working at this point other than mobsters, thieves, rapists, serial killers, crazies in costumes.

So what your saying is Joker, Harley, Black Mask, Scarecrow, Bane, Ra's, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Falcones, Mr. Freeze, Croc, Strange, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Zsasz, Court of Owls, Shiva, Anarky, Hush, Riddler, & Pr Pyg can only work in this universe? Damn Batman has it easy.

Lex and Brainiac would be ideal.

Especially if Lex, with Brainiac's assistance, turn's Zod's suit into the powersuit from the comics.

Lex and Joker strikes me as a bad pairing. I just don't see that as a good use of the Joker and I don't think Lex should be portrayed as willing to work with someone like the Joker. Plus they don't seem like a natural team up.

Has it occured to any of these journalists that perhaps Batman is the other villain in the film? Because I'm inclined to think that Batman is somehow the antagonist in this one together with Lex...

He won't be for the whole movie he though at some point after half way Supes and Bats will team up to take down Lex or someone else.

Has it occured to any of these journalists that perhaps Batman is the other villain in the film? Because I'm inclined to think that Batman is somehow the antagonist in this one together with Lex...

i think perhaps the VS has gone over their heads.

I actually think that is very possible. It seems a more likely pairing considering all that happened in MOS. Eventually they are going to team up, but it seems likely Bats could be the villain at some point in the movie. Also, Lex is still considered reputable, and Bats is normally a suspicious guy. I can't see him not being concerned about an all-powerful being.

Batman and Lex could make for a very interesting pairing imo, but I still can't picture Batman being fooled into trying to take down Superman. Though I wouldn't mind there being some sort of relationship between Lex and Bruce, like a friendship or business rivalry. Some sort of shared history together separate from Superman. I think it would be an interesting touch if they knew each other prior to Superman.

This. I would've thought this was pretty much straight-forward thinking idea. I guess it's not glamourous enough for these journalists to sell and get hits, lol.

And how much complaining do you think there would be if they went with an original character as the main villain for Superman?

Not the point. But considering how much we complain in general, I don't think it would matter.

Personally I think in that case adapting Doomsday into something more three dimensional than a plot device would be preferable to some nobody they just made up themselves.

Like I said: I don't mind change in general. But if you change a character to the point where their resemblance to their comic book counterpart is superficial, you might as well create your own character.

Not the point. But considering how much we complain in general, I don't think it would matter.

Maybe not, but I was just thinking the audience might prefer someone that's from the mythos and not just made up to suit the story. I can't help but think of Superman III in that scenario.

Like I said: I don't mind change in general. But if you change a character to the point where their resemblance to their comic book counterpart is superficial, you might as well create your own character.

Fair enough, but I don't think changing Doomsday automatically needs to mean that he's only superficially related to the source material.

ЯɘvlveR;27311043 said:
pretty much. personally, i don't give a **** about croc. but if what you want is a hobbit like trilogy with croc as bat's smaug. that's cool too buddy. it's really not that big a deal to me.

dur gee.....you think that's why you don't mind? :hmm

Why would you give a **** if drastic changes were made to a character that you don't like? :funny:
Is it really so hard for you to understand that there ARE people that like the character and his origin?

I'm pretty accepting to change when it makes sense,but reducing a character as interesting as croc to some lab created crocodile monster is just stupid.
Did Lex get his hands on some TCRI ooze?
Frank%20Welker.jpg

Lex and Brainiac would be ideal.

Especially if Lex, with Brainiac's assistance, turn's Zod's suit into the powersuit from the comics.

Lex shouldn't need Brainiac's assistance to do that. He's Lex f**king Luthor.

OK you have a point in the fact that he's one-dimensional. I dont think Snyder/Goyer will suddenly make him more of a character but i dont see why it has to follow canon.

Why wouldn't they follow canon? I think capitalizing on the death of Superman would be better than a fake out.

Why not do a swerve? Make most of us think he's going to kill Superman and then not do it? That's fresh.
That's a waste of time.

Or have him kill Superman (we think he's dead for a period of time whether that be in the movie or until the next) and then Superman comes back.
Which is...exactly what happened in the comics.

There's no reason why you cant use the canon, use the idea, deal with it somewhat and then turn it on its head for this different medium.
If you want to turn the story itself on its head, fine. But that's a different conversation.

EDIT:
Maybe not, but I was just thinking the audience might prefer someone that's from the mythos and not just made up to suit the story. I can't help but think of Superman III in that scenario.

The general audience doesn't care.

Fair enough, but I don't think changing Doomsday automatically needs to mean that he's only superficially related to the source material.

Of course not. It depends on the change.

dur gee.....you think that's why you don't mind? :hmm

Why would you give a **** if drastic changes were made to a character that you don't like? :funny:
Is it really so hard for you to understand that there ARE people that like the character and his origin?

I'm pretty accepting to change when it makes sense,but reducing a character as interesting as croc to some lab created crocodile monster is just stupid.
Did Lex get his hands on some TCRI ooze?
since you seem so interested in my opinion, I'll give you my blessing. be at peace my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"