BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see that cat I want to...........

......run it over with my car. :devil:

tumblr_mj5nxxKONB1rfduvxo1_250.gif

I saw and had responded before it closed:
Thank you for that.

I guess my point is I don't think we will see much of Clark...per se. I don't think he will be the investigating force behind whatever is going on because that won't be him. I got the impression that this Clark might just be the guy at the news office who occasionally breaks a story. I don't think he's going to be prominent in any way as Clark. He may be a "reporter", but he won't be the driving force of the investigation... At least I don't think so.

I also hope that whatever Superman does in this film, that he ends up inspiring the other heroes present here.

Honestly, I would definitely have a even great appreciation for the scene in MOS where Jor-el told him that he would lead the people of Earth to greater heights if they allowed superman to be a leading example to the future JLA.

I also hope that whatever Superman does in this film, that he ends up inspiring the other heroes present here.

Honestly, I would definitely have a even great appreciation for the scene in MOS where Jor-el told him that he would lead the people of Earth to greater heights if they allowed superman to be a leading example to the future JLA.

perhaps by giving his life to save the world from Doomsday?!

I think it is too early in the game to do the Death of Superman narrative.

I wonder if Snyder/Goyer view this movie as being 'early in the game', or if they view this as their last Superman movie before Justice League.

Last edited:
I've had quite enough Jesus in my Superman.

If they ever want to do a take on the death of Superman, let him have an epic fight in which he is very, very close to dying and thinks he will die, but don't have him actually die and come back. Not fond of that in comics or movies.

The only way that the death of Superman arc would even work is if the Justice League are already formed and already trusting of Superman, with most of the world trusting in him as well, otherwise his death and the impact that it's supposed to make won't be as strong if he had the JL and world still wary of him.

To think WB will only make one JL movie is strange to me. Imagine how much the first JL will make, and you think WB just wants to do a one and done?

Of course WB will make more Justice League movies. I just wonder if Snyder and Goyer will make any more Superman movies.

I wonder if Snyder/Goyer view this movie as being 'early in the game', or if they view this as their last Superman movie before Justice League.

With the way people are talking about it you would think Goyer and Snyder were writing Man of Steel: Justice League Begins.

In his second Star Trek movie, Abrams took the death and return of Spock (Kirk) and stuck it at the beginning of their friendship instead of at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder/Goyer did something similar in the sequel to Man of Steel and used the death and return of Superman to kick off the Batman/Superman friendship and the Justice League.

In his second Star Trek movie, Abrams took the death and return of Spock (Kirk) and stuck it at the beginning of their friendship instead of at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder/Goyer did something similar in the sequel to Man of Steel and used the death and return of Superman to kick off the Batman/Superman friendship and the Justice League.

And that has been criticized by a lot of people as well. While the scene was greatly performed between the two actors, a lot of people noted that it didn't really make sense for them to be that close and didn't really hold up to the weight of the original "Wrath of Khan" moment due to the original Spock and Kirk actually having a long history of being friends with each other, whereas the new alternate time ones didn't have that background.

I don't understand why people are in the need to rush with a lot of things. I mean is it because Marvel is ahead of DCU at the moment? If Goyer and Snyder rush into this then they risk making things worse...or even devaluing a scene that could have been so much better with a little bit more time in between it.

And that has been criticized by a lot of people as well. While the scene was greatly performed between the two actors, a lot of people noted that it didn't really make sense for them to be that close and didn't really hold up to the weight of the original "Wrath of Khan" moment due to the original Spock and Kirk actually having a long history of being friends with each other, whereas the new alternate time ones didn't have that background.

Well my main point is that Abrmas did it despite it being "too early", not whether people liked it (which most people did btw. Maybe not all the hardcore fans, but people: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_into_darkness/).

I don't understand why people are in the need to rush with a lot of things. I mean is it because Marvel is ahead of DCU at the moment? If Goyer and Snyder rush into this then they risk making things worse...or even devaluing a scene that could have been so much better with a little bit more time in between it.

or maybe they just want to do the characters and topics that interest them, even if it means changing the scenarios.

Last edited:
or maybe they just want to do the source material that interests them?

Nothing wrong about it, but seeing as how they're storytellers as well, they should realize that there needs to be a proper buildup to that story they want to tell, otherwise the conclusion would feel shallow and rushed, which is something that they should avoid.

Right now, with this film, they're at a critical stage. The success or failure of this film will greatly affect the momentum and development of how the DCU develops from here on out.

Well my main point is that they did it, not if people liked it (which most people did btw. Maybe not hardcore fans, but people).

I'm not a hardcore fan and while I thought it was well performed, even I didn't buy it.

It's like how the recent Thor film tries to sell that Thor and Jane are madly in love with each other when there's nothing really to support it based on what's been shown on screen before then.

The same can be applied here. Snyder and Goyer needs to go past the visuals and scenarios.

Plus, aren't they the ones that says that Superman needs to earn things and not be given to him automatically, like the support and trust of the public?

If they rush into a death of Superman scenario, and try to make it look like everyone is sad about it, it wouldn't really make sense at all because there's no indication at all to justify that Superman is that well loved by people at the end of the film.

And for those that say that they can do a time skip, well then that just makes them lazy and irresponsible writers imho as well.

Plus, if they think that they can convince people that Batman and superman will become BFF's just because Superman dies after having known each other for a short while, then they're out of their damn minds.

The movie also didn't suggest that he wouldn't have any support from the public.

Jenny and co. didn't say "Look out Lois! it's the alien!". She said "he saved us". The people didn't run away from Superman after he saved the world, they came towards him. Clearly there are people who trust him.

Maybe the next movie will start with Superman being awarded the key to the city or something for saving the world, or maybe there will be people in the streets thanking him. Who knows.

Plus, for those who don't trust him, perhaps Superman's sacrifice can be the act that earns their trust.

Also, it doesn't mean that Batman is all of a sudden his BFF, but it can give Bruce an added appreciation for Clark and the lengths Clark's willing to go to to protect people.

Last edited:
The movie also didn't suggest that he wouldn't have any support from the public.

Jenny and co. didn't say "Look out Lois! it's the alien!". She said "he saved us". The people didn't run away from Superman after he saved the world, they came towards him. Clearly there are people who trust him.

Maybe the next movie will start with Superman being awarded the key to the city or something for saving the world, or maybe there will be people in the streets thanking him. Who knows.

Plus, for those who don't trust him, perhaps Superman's sacrifice can be the act that earns their trust.

Also, it doesn't mean that Batman is all of a sudden his BFF, but it can give Bruce an added appreciation for Clark and the lengths Clark's willing to go to to protect people.

Well to be honest, there really wasn't that many people that were walking towards Superman from that rubble.lol

And I don't think they had any reason to be scared of him, but I don't think that it meant that all of them trusted him either.

Let's put it this way, do you think it would have made sense or that it would have been good if we had gone from "Batman Begins" to "The Dark Knight Rises" without showing anything from "The Dark Knight"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"