BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of Gadot's lack of star status before, was the casting choice a smart move?

Strangely the news of additional heroes has calmed me because it's either going to be a cluster****, or totally awesome. It could be somewhere in between too, and that will be okay. :cwink:

I agree, but I do wonder about Gadot being cast period. She doesn't seem like the face that could lead a solo movie, and I want Wondy to get a solo film one day. Affleck as Batman makes sense in some strange way, but I don't see Gadot. For me this means I don't think we'll see a Wondy solo film for a while, and she'll only be used for sexual fanboy service.

I don't see the casting as a sign we won't get solo WW movies. WB knows people want to see her in a solo film and are working to make it happen. Hiring an unknown makes it easier for them to lock her into Justice League films and Wonder Woman films.

I see what you mean, but he isn't a scoop site. So if i was in his position, i wouldnt be like the rest either and just give out spoilers. I would keep it to myself. He's just a Batman site that posts opinion pieces and gives out the official confirmed news. Whether people believed me or not i wouldnt care either.

He's not a scoop site ANYMORE.

He used to be.

He called Bane being in TDKR before anyone else was even thinking Bane.

Please. Plenty of people were speculating about Bane.

Yeah, Bane speculation started as soon as people left the theatres after seeing TDK.

WB knows people want to see her in a solo film and are working to make it happen.
Do they?

Bryan Singer raised the bar back in 2000, and then we got spideys and hulks and dark knights and flying armor suits and even a certain captain etc.
How come WB didn't get how to make a stand-alone WW film? It's almost 14 years with several ground-breaking films in this genre. Lack of inspiration? I don't think so!

And even now, the amazon princess/warrior will only appear in somebody else's film.

Who cares if he was a scoop site in the past, he hasn't been since 2008.

In terms of Gadot's lack of star status before, was the casting choice a smart move?
I would say yes because it didn't case the furor the Affleck announcement did. But ,I can't see it as a smart move if she was chosen to be the face of her own franchise. Gadot is very pretty, and I think she'll be a good choice if Wondy is just going to be included in JL films.
Hiring an unknown makes it easier for them to lock her into Justice League films and Wonder Woman films.
IMO Gadot would have to make the same sort of impression Cavill made as Superman with both men and women. She would have to embody that role completely to be the face. I don't know her well enough, but from what I do know...I can't see that.

Who cares if he was a scoop site in the past, he hasn't been since 2008.

The problem is he still wants to get praise for having alleged scoops without actually sharing them. If he's not a scoop site, he shouldn't do this halfway hinting crap, he should just not say anything about the scoops at all.

Wonder Woman and Flash's inclusion in this is obviously setting up for solo films from the both of them.

The Hollywood Reporter's/Variety (Can't remember which) had a rumor about Flash coming out in 2016, and JL in 2017. I can see them releasing Flash AND WW in 2016, and JL in 2017, but where does that leave the solo Bat franchise? Do we have to wait until after JL?

JL in 2017 seems overly optimistic to me.

He's not a scoop site ANYMORE.

He used to be.

All I'm going to say is... it's a good thing BOF isn't the only Batman website around anymore. It's nice that fans have a choice now. It's even nicer to know that most fans have chosen Batman News. For me, it's not about how many WB contacts are in my iPhone, it's about earning the respect of Batman fans. I love you guys!

It only took Batman News 8 months (after it launched in September 2010) to crush BOF in terms of web traffic, and it's easy to see why. Batman News has received over 1 million hits a month, every month, since July 2013. Thank you! And just look at our Twitter followers:

BOF joined Twitter in September 2008 and has 5,900 followers.
Batman News joined Twitter in September 2010 and has 40,400 followers.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I've talked to the "real" Jett before and he was really nice... but his public persona is what gives him a bad name. He insults the very people who read his site, and he comes across as egotistical. I truly feel like he runs the site just for him now. He's in it for the early info, the set visits, the premieres. He doesn't run the site for the fans anymore... the fact that he constantly posts news late (by hours, sometimes even days) proves that. The fact that it still looks like a site that was designed in 1998 proves that.

I'm glad that I don't enjoy visiting BOF, because if I did... I probably wouldn't have felt the need to start my own Batman website. I launched "Batman News 2.0" last March, with a really slick design that automatically adjusts for desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Early next year I plan on launching a few new features to make it even better!

All I'm going to say is... it's a good thing BOF isn't the only Batman website around anymore. It's nice that fans have a choice now. It's even nicer to know that most fans have chosen Batman News. For me, it's not about how many WB contacts are in my iPhone, it's about earning the respect of Batman fans. I love you guys!

It only took Batman News 8 months (after it launched in September 2010) to crush BOF in terms of web traffic, and it's easy to see why. Batman News has received over 1 million hits a month, every month, since July 2013. Thank you! And just look at our Twitter followers:

BOF joined Twitter in September 2008 and has 5,900 followers.
Batman News joined Twitter in September 2010 and has 40,400 followers.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I've talked to the "real" Jett before and he was really nice... but his public persona is what gives him a bad name. He insults the very people who read his site, and he comes across as egotistical. I truly feel like he runs the site just for him now. He's in it for the early info, the set visits, the premieres. He doesn't run the site for the fans anymore... the fact that he constantly posts news late (by hours, sometimes even days) proves that. The fact that it still looks like a site that was designed in 1998 proves that.

I'm glad that I don't enjoy visiting BOF, because if I did... I probably wouldn't have felt the need to start my own Batman website. I launched "Batman News 2.0" last March, with a really slick design that automatically adjusts for desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Early next year I plan on launching a few new features to make it even better!

Amen, brother. Love your site.

Yeah there's no doubt that Batman-news is the better Batfan site

Navigating BOF sucks, he needs to streamline his website

I posted this in another thread and it seems to fit here:

What is happening with this movie is similar to driving down a winding road in the dead of night with no headlights. We can't see the road ahead and so we complain and freak out over every curve and turn…where as if we were to see the same road during the day there would be no complaints because we see the whole road….we know what's coming up.

We don't know anything about this movie and it's freaking some people out. We freak out about this movie being stuffed…with just Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman…what happens when they team up with 4 others in Justice League???

also there is no order of important in casting as it pertains to cast…if that makes sense. WW being cast before the villain means nothing. You cast the roles first that require time to prepare…working out, training…what not. Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot were cast this 'early' because they have some work to do. Where as the actor playing Lex…really only needs to shave his head…no working out required.

My problem are the ones driving: Snyder and Goyer. Now I trust Snyder as a director when he has a good screenplay in front of him. I don't trust him as a writer. I definitely don't trust Goyer. Goyer hasn't wrote anything great or good on his own. Yes he helped Nolan in The Dark Knight Trilogy but he was on a part of the screenwriting for Batman Begins with Nolan helping. He helped with the story to TDK & TDKR but those were screenwriter by Nolan's brother.

If tomorrow it is reported Affleck is involved in writing this film, any doubt I have about this film is gone. I'm just having a huge smile on my face in trust for this film if that was ever reported. All I need to calm my doubts is the announcement of another writer. These actors don't bother me. No matter how good or bad an actor is, the film can't be great if it doesn't have a great or good story to it. It's the most important part of the film and I don't have confidence in the Snyder/Goyer duo.

I noticed some buzz about Hawkman. At the current stage, this is a surprising and left-field add to the film (if rumour's true), but not completely unexpected though.

If tomorrow it is reported Affleck is involved in writing this film, any doubt I have about this film is gone. I'm just having a huge smile on my face in trust for this film if that was ever reported. All I need to calm my doubts is the announcement of another writer. These actors don't bother me. No matter how good or bad an actor is, the film can't be great if it doesn't have a great or good story to it. It's the most important part of the film and I don't have confidence in the Snyder/Goyer duo.

I think Affleck will probably write/direct/star in the solo Batman movies after Batman vs. Superman. I can't wait!

Do they?

Bryan Singer raised the bar back in 2000, and then we got spideys and hulks and dark knights and flying armor suits and even a certain captain etc.
How come WB didn't get how to make a stand-alone WW film? It's almost 14 years with several ground-breaking films in this genre. Lack of inspiration? I don't think so!

And even now, the amazon princess/warrior will only appear in somebody else's film.

That was WB caving to rabid fans that wanted Bryan Singer to direct a Superman movie because cause of how X2 turned out and because everyone knew he was a Superman fan.

We were all cheer leading Bryan Singer until we saw the movie.

I think Affleck will probably write/direct/star in the solo Batman movies after Batman vs. Superman. I can't wait!

Oh I have no doubt in that and can't wait for it. At the same time, I think it's best to get this movie right before focus on the future. I have confidence in future solo Batman films.

My problem are the ones driving: Snyder and Goyer. Now I trust Snyder as a director when he has a good screenplay in front of him. I don't trust him as a writer. I definitely don't trust Goyer. Goyer hasn't wrote anything great or good on his own. Yes he helped Nolan in The Dark Knight Trilogy but he was on a part of the screenwriting for Batman Begins with Nolan helping. He helped with the story to TDK & TDKR but those were screenwriter by Nolan's brother.

You have confidence in Affleck but does Affleck's confidence in Snyder and Goyer do nothing for you?

Just seems like one of those tentative early dates that you know is going to get pushed back. JL will be a massive undertaking, and it might be wise to have Flash, WW, and Bats solo films before JL.

I don't think anyone was expecting all of these characters to be in the "MOS sequel" so soon. So I wouldn't doubt a 2017 release date for JL.

You have confidence in Affleck but does Affleck's confidence in Snyder and Goyer do nothing for you?
Good point. I will say it did hearten me to hear Affleck gave A LOT of consideration to taking the role, and freely admitted he wouldn't have if he didn't think he could play it well. I don't have complete trust in him yet. That will come after I see the film, but I respect him for saying that.

Just seems like one of those tentative early dates that you know is going to get pushed back. JL will be a massive undertaking, and it might be wise to have Flash, WW, and Bats solo films before JL.
We think it may be wise, but I don't think WB sees it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"