BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we saw a little boy with a red shirt and a lightning bolt on it during the fight in Metropolis with Superman and Zod.
Really? Does anyone have a screen shot of that? I didn't see that at all? Though I was also looking for some guy eating cookies, which someone swears is in the movie, and I didn't see that either...lol

Then you lost sight of the way things actually work, it doesn't matter what a few people that are stuck on the height issue think, because height flat out ISN'T AN ISSUE. Tom Hardy's shorter than Christian Bale, but if you didn't know better you'd have thought he was the tallest actor in TDKR. Let the people that actually think height's an issue go on being wrong.
Those people bothered me. It didn't help by bringing up Pacino and Cruise, and the fact that they can appear tall in films.
They just said that a tall actress was better because then no camera tricks were needed, and it would feel more "real".

I'm ambivalent about it tbh. I think on one hand it does make sense to introduce other people with superpowers since they potentially give Superman powered-up villains to fight. I'm not sure all these "heroes" are actually going to be heroes when the movies starts. That's probably while I'm not up in arms about it. Though I do see the reason for concern. This seems rushed and there wasn't any build up to other heroes in MOS. Heck...there was barely a reference to Batman.
Rushed is the word. Do Warner actually think all these characters will help them make more money than a well-written film with just Bats and Supes. A film where "hundreds" of other characters don't require the focus/screen-time?

Carter Hall to live in the MOS world? What's the reason for him to don the egyptian armor if Supes is already around? Then he won't be the "one of a kind", the "savior", the only superhero... :csad:

That was probably Billy Batson. :)

Really? Does anyone have a screen shot of that? I didn't see that at all? Though I was also looking for some guy eating cookies, which someone swears is in the movie, and I didn't see that either...lol

It wasn't in the movie. Just trolling for fun.

tumblr_m7k51ipZTA1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

A kid with a lightning bolt on his shirt? What? :wow: A man eating cookies/oreos?! WHAT?! :wow:

Screencaps, now!

-edit-
It wasn't in the movie. Just trolling for fun.

tumblr_m7k51ipZTA1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
Oh you guys... :o

In terms of Gadot's lack of star status before, was the casting choice a smart move?

I think the concept sells itself well enough already that a "star" isn't needed at this point.

You have confidence in Affleck but does Affleck's confidence in Snyder and Goyer do nothing for you?

George Clooney still worked on Batman & Robin. Actors always say when they are being asked about a movie their doing that has yet to be released how good it is.

Rushed is the word. Do Warner actually think all these characters will help them make more money than a well-written film with just Bats and Supes. A film where "hundreds" of other characters don't require the focus/screen-time?

Carter Hall to live in the MOS world? What's the reason for him to don the egyptian armor if Supes is already around? Then he won't be the "one of a kind", the "savior", the only superhero... :csad:
Yes, I do think they think they will make them more money. Again, their past decisions are shoddy when it comes to their CBMs. I can't help but wonder that this is more based on it being financially savvy then a good idea. Having said though, I'm also not totally sure it is a bad idea. As others have mentioned, we are conditioned to how Marvel succeeded, but that doesn't mean that a new way can't be found. As for Hawkman, I'm one of those in the majority who likes him...some what. This is probably because I hate Hawkgirl and Shayera in general.
lol! I thought that might sound believable. :sus
Messing with poor fans...totally not cool...lol.

George Clooney still worked on Batman & Robin. Actors always say when they are being asked about a movie their doing that has yet to be released how good it is.

George Clooney wasn't George Clooney then. I think it's safe to say that at this point in Clooney's career and most definitely in Affleck's (considering his rise/fall/rise) that they are much more selective now in what they do.

So if the point still stands, if you trusts Affleck's taste, why don't you trust Affleck's taste?

Yes, I do think they think they will make them more money. Again, their past decisions are shoddy when it comes to their CBMs. I can't help but wonder that this is more based on it being financially savvy then a good idea. Having said though, I'm also not totally sure it is a bad idea. As others have mentioned, we are conditioned to how Marvel succeeded, but that doesn't mean that a new way can't be found
Let's say Superman has the following superheroes next to him: Wonder Woman, Batman, Nightwing, The Flash, Hawkman... and then the film fails because it's just a mess with all these characters. The future for DC heroes will be doomed forever, the Green Lantern failure will be as tiny as an ant in comparison.

SR is a Superman film the world didn't need to see. But perhaps we deserved it, though!
If Warner Bros were a little smarter, we would have got a Wonder Woman film in 2006 instead.
Can we even imagine how that would be like? A good film or not?

A good actress is though.

Preferably at least.

Not really. Plenty of good actresses out there who aren't really going to draw people to watch their films.

Much like MOS, this is the type of film where the concept is the main point. With how mixed MOS was, their going have to market it well and prove to enough people that the sequel is worth their time. Being a sequel rather a first film is helpful, though.

And I don't think there's been enough to say Gadot is a good or bad actress.

George Clooney wasn't George Clooney then. I think it's safe to say that at this point in Clooney's career and most definitely in Affleck's (considering his rise/fall/rise) that they are much more selective now in what they do.

So if the point still stands, if you trusts Affleck's taste, why don't you trust Affleck's taste?

Because no actor has ever signed onto a movie and say "this film will suck and the story will suck". We don't know which Affleck is viewing this. The screenwriting Affleck, the actor Affleck, or the director Affleck. I trust Affleck but still, no one signs onto a film and says it will suck.

Because no actor has ever signed onto a movie and say "this film will suck and the story will suck". We don't know which Affleck is viewing this. The screenwriting Affleck, the actor Affleck, or the director Affleck. I trust Affleck but still, no one signs onto a film and says it will suck.

And no one signs onto a film thinking it's going to suck...

It's not what he says that you should have faith in, it's the mere fact that he is doing film at all that should comfort you. Actions speak louder than words after all.

Let's say Superman has the following superheroes next to him: Wonder Woman, Batman, Nightwing, The Flash, Hawkman... and then the film fails because it's just a mess with all these characters. The future for DC heroes will be doomed forever, the Green Lantern failure will be as tiny as an ant in comparison.
I agree...I do, which is why I am also worried. We know Bats and Supes will be alright, but they could potentially destroy everyone else for a long, long while. I'll give you that it could be a total cluster**** the likes of which will be talked about for years to come like BR and Schumacher debacle. It could be a mess, but it might also not be that bad. It's hard to say, and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt even though they really don't effing deserve it.
I think in this case Affleck would be the ONE person who would seriously think that **** over. He remembers DD. We ALL remember DD. He knows better...at least I think he does.

I agree...I do, which is why I am also worried. We know Bats and Supes will be alright, but they could potentially destroy everyone else for a long, long while. I'll give you that it could be a total cluster**** the likes of which will be talked about for years to come like BR and Schumacher debacle. It could be a mess, but it might also not be that bad. It's hard to say, and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt even though they really don't effing deserve it.
Then WB will seriously think that people don't care a **** about these characters.
They will be unable to see that it's their fault, that they should have handled things much better.

Not really. Plenty of good actresses out there who aren't really going to draw people to watch their films.

Gal Gadot less so.

Much like MOS, this is the type of film where the concept is the main point.

And getting people to stay AFTER you've given them the concept is important. I don't believe she's capable of that. Which is why you needed a better actress to begin with.

And I don't think there's been enough to say Gadot is a good or bad actress.

Being in three blockbuster ensemble action movies isn't enough? She's stilted as an actor. Even all the other actors in those movies aren't great, and she didn't stand out.

Well, it's not like she was given much to do in those movies, other than ride a motorcycle and look pretty.

We have to take into consideration that Affleck has not read the script yet. Just because a concept sounds cool when someone pitches it with all the enthusiasm that Snyder has during a conversation, and just because Zack shows Kevin Smith a super cool looking suit...doesn't mean that the script is automatically good. The screenplay could be atrocious. The acting/delivery of said screenplay could be equally horrible. The direction and pacing could be awful. We just dont know.

Never take an actors word before their film comes out and dont take their word for it the month of its release during presstime.

Just recently Andrew Garfield was talking smack about the first Spidey from last year. Saying they couldnt tell a proper story for Spider-Man because they had to keep making all kinds of people happy because they had to get the rebooted origin right.

NEVER trust an actor unless theyre going into the details of the film and saying things that aren't so general.

Gal Gadot less so.

And getting people to stay AFTER you've given them the concept is important. I don't believe she's capable of that. Which is why you needed a better actress to begin with.

Being in three blockbuster ensemble action movies isn't enough? She's stilted as an actor. Even all the other actors in those movies aren't great, and she didn't stand out.

I don't think she'll add or take away from the audience. I mean, I expect more people to say "I don't know who she is" than "Oh, I hate the actress and I'm never going to see a film with her in it."

It's going to take more than one actress to attract or turn people off from the next film. MOS did what it wanted, people reacted to it, it remains to be seen if people will be interested in seeing more of that for whatever reason they have.

With her character and what she had to work with in those films, I wouldn't say it's enough to say she's good or bad. Just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"