BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOS did set up nicely for a sequel.........a perfect set up for Lex, even.

that's why it would be a waste if they go off in a different direction now.

Little Photoshop I did with Dwayne Johnson as John Stewart
nYDPt7P.png

1533375_10151822192265636_1124449959_n_zps10f9cdc1.jpg

heres another

I'm no John Stewart expert, but that doesn't look like his costume.Also it looks like Beware the Batman is likely cancelled.

MOS did set up nicely for a sequel.........a perfect set up for Lex, even.

that's why it would be a waste if they go off in a different direction now.

It would be a waste.

I remember those couple of months before they announced that Batman would be in this where I imagined all the Lex Luthor, Daily planet scenes, and possibly brainiac that would be in the sequel. Good times.

I even started to like the idea of Batman being in it after the initial shock wore off. I do find their friendship/rivalry fascinating. Then they cast WW and I got frustrated and annoyed. Now I don't really know what to think, lol.

I'm telling you it's a stealth JL film. :o

^ Seems like it sometimes. I don't know why they feel the need to be stealthy about it. Most people seem to want JL.

Exactly. More people need to read this.

I just did and now I can't imagine it being any other way. This is DC's in to differentiate themselves from Marvel and it just makes so much sense.

I like how in his little DC movie upside down pyramid thingy he has a relatively big chunk reserved for a Green Lantern 'solo' film. This makes sense in this context since the GL universe is so vast it could be seen as a huge space opera team up film itself.

You could have what you'd typically call a Batman solo film but Nightwing, Cassandra Cain and other cool Batfamily characters could easily pop up. Throw in Huntress and the Question if you want to keep the characters somewhat grounded.

I still maintain, there are no overcrowded movies, there's bad scripts and there's good scripts.

This is such an awesome idea that opens the floodgates for many DC characters.

well, Snyder and co need to explain their "vision," that's for sure.

oh, and it's probably too soon to use the character again.......

but in terms of a character that would fit Rock's size, build, and physicality, what about..........

Bane??

Rock would certainly have the look and build to match that character, moreso than Tom Hardy.

When I think of Bane, I think of this massive, muscular, imposing figure with a somewhat wrestling-inspired theme ( the mask ).

I'm telling you it's a stealth JL film. :o

That is why I would be okay with the title of the film being:

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE WORLD'S FINEST

It would be a Justice League origin film in a sense with Superman/Batman starting it all and they are of course known as The World's Finest.

Last edited:
I still want some Superman movies without any other heroes in them to steal the focus. But I guess that's because Superman is my favorite and there are some DC characters that I don't care if we ever see. Some Bat solos would be nice too, but at least there's the Nolan trilogy until that day.

I get these concerns but there are so many characters that'll never see the light of day on the big screen otherwise. And you wouldn't necessarily be sacrificing the story of the main character(s).

Last edited:
I get these concerns but there are so many characters that'll never see the light of day on the big screen otherwise. And you wouldn't necessarily be sacrificing the story of the main character(s).

I guess I'm not concerned about those other characters. Superman and (to a slightly lesser extent) batman are my main concern. But I get that other people have their own favorite characters and like the idea of a team up. And who knows, I might end up liking things I never thought I'd like. It's happened before.

I was sort of hoping the film would focus mostly on the world of Superman and Batman as well. It would have shown that DC is taking a unique approach with their heroes, rather than trying to mimic what Marvel has been doing over the last several years.

We. Don't. Know. What. They're. Doing.

I was sort of hoping the film would focus mostly on the world of Superman and Batman as well. It would have shown that DC is taking a unique approach with their heroes, rather than trying to mimic what Marvel has been doing over the last several years.

It probably will still focus on Superman and Batman.....while introducing Wonder Woman of course and perhaps other heroes.

Last edited:
At first yeah I wanted a solo MOS sequel and especially since MOS is my favorite Supes film and one of my top favorite CBM of all time..However I am fine with the direction seeming to be JL:Begins or something.

I've been waiting for a Batman/Superman live action film on the big screen since I was a little kid as well Wonder Woman and so I'm f'n thrilled and willing to give up a solo MOS sequel for now

Yeah, well... I've read a lot of comics with Two-Face in them and he's never been anywhere close to that ridiculous. And as for his performance... he didn't come off like a person who was actually crazy, the way that Heath or Jack did in their interpretations of the Joker. He came off like someone trying to ACT like he was crazy. So no, I don't rate that as a good performance at all. Jones is certainly a good actor and he has shined in plenty of other roles, but that doesn't excuse his excruciating performance in Batman Forever.

Yeah. In BTAS he was quite serious and that show had been on a couple years at least before BF. I actually thought that Jones's version would be closer to that so I was surprised to see him so goofy. That said, he was doing what the director and script called for . But yeah, I would hardly argue its one of his better performances, and I doubt he would as well.

Bravo right there. What a well thought out piece. If this would be the direction, some amazing things are ahead and the seatbelts would need to be tightened!

The big thing that I would disagree with that article's viewpoint is that I think there should be some big Justice League featuring all of the members and not just have films where only a few of them are there, thus never having a film where all of the JL members are present. It would seem like a waste.

I feel like a JL film would definitely be smarter and superior to a Trinity one.

I just did and now I can't imagine it being any other way. This is DC's in to differentiate themselves from Marvel and it just makes so much sense.

I like how in his little DC movie upside down pyramid thingy he has a relatively big chunk reserved for a Green Lantern 'solo' film. This makes sense in this context since the GL universe is so vast it could be seen as a huge space opera team up film itself.

You could have what you'd typically call a Batman solo film but Nightwing, Cassandra Cain and other cool Batfamily characters could easily pop up. Throw in Huntress and the Question if you want to keep the characters somewhat grounded.

I still maintain, there are no overcrowded movies, there's bad scripts and there's good scripts.

This is such an awesome idea that opens the floodgates for many DC characters.

It would be cool to see. They don't have to box themselves in by doing the solo movie format that Marvel has used.

We. Don't. Know. What. They're. Doing.

We. Are. Speculating. If. That. Is. OK. With. You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"