BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm following the natural progression of the "making things easier" with CGI idea. Just because Nolan didn't know how to come up with a half way decent practical Batman suit doesn't mean that Snyder shouldn't even try. Nolan just used a version of a suit from 1989, that's not trying. If Snyder tries and nothing else works then I'd say yeah, go with CGI.

Last edited:
If they came up with a practical spiderman suit, there's no reason why they shouldn't a batman suit(the cape situation is obviously different).

As for the bat battle armor however. Here's hoping it's something out of that new arkham game. I'd expect cgi.
if it exists. I also doubt it will only be used on superman.

I think it's very likely we'll have a skin tight cowl. One that's flexible, but still has the leathery/rubbery look we expect

Zack Snyder and his crew pretty much perfected how to do a cowl on Watchmen.

Hell, they perfected how to do a whole damn batsuit on Watchmen.

Feels like ages since we've heard a peep of news besides the involvement of Holly Hunter and the other two.

Even the scoopers seem to have stopped bothering. C'moooooon WB! Give us something! Just a shot of Batman's boot or Wonder Woman's finger nails. Just gimmie something tangible.

Feels like ages since we've heard a peep of news besides the involvement of Holly Hunter and the other two.

Even the scoopers seem to have stopped bothering. C'moooooon WB! Give us something! Just a shot of Batman's boot or Wonder Woman's finger nails. Just gimmie something tangible.

don't worry, only 3 more months until comic con.

wooooooohooooooooooo

I think it's very likely we'll have a skin tight cowl. One that's flexible, but still has the leathery/rubbery look we expect

Zack Snyder and his crew pretty much perfected how to do a cowl on Watchmen.

Hell, they perfected how to do a whole damn batsuit on Watchmen.

Yeah the owlman cowl is one of the best SH masks I've seen on film.

don't worry, only 3 more months until comic con.

wooooooohooooooooooo

sad-batman.gif

Meanwhile they've announced a new Flash Gordon movie...

6dcNTr1.gif

while a Flash movie is still just a whisper floating on the sighs of air coming from comic book fans.

Next year's comic-con may be a better time to really 'show' stuff, as this one'll still be pretty early in this year's principle sched.. Maybe some actual suits on display or something, but I kinda doubt they'll have any footage they'll want to show in June...especially if Snyder's not there.

All we want are suits and an official title. I can tell you right now that no one expects to see footage at this years comic con.

Honestly, at the rate they're going now, I don't even expect WB to show any footage at the 2015 comic con either.

All we want are suits and an official title. I can tell you right now that no one expects to see footage at this years comic con.

This is pretty much what I wanna see from DC this year.

1. Suits
2. Batmobile
3. Concept art
4. Confirmation of a Flash film.
5. News on JL: Dark
6. Confirmation of Justice League's release date.

From Marvel

1. Avengers teaser
2. Antman suit and footage
3. Official announcement of Black Panther and Dr. Strange

Next year's comic-con may be a better time to really 'show' stuff, as this one'll still be pretty early in this year's principle sched.. Maybe some actual suits on display or something, but I kinda doubt they'll have any footage they'll want to show in June...especially if Snyder's not there.

Yeah I think there' no chance of any footage being shown, but I do expect WB to announce their plans for the wider DCCU. At least I hope.

I hope to see the announcement of Justice League, maybe WW solo, maybe Flash solo, etc...with writers, directors, and maybe even actors attached to the various projects already. Hopefully even some logos.

...unless they just don't shoot any stuff with suits beforehand (CC when again...July)?

That's what's got me worried. This is a long shoot so there's no guarantee tat they're even planning on filming anything with the suits prior to SDCC. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm losing confidence we'll see the suits prior to May 19th with each passing day/week.

Meanwhile they've announced a new Flash Gordon movie...

6dcNTr1.gif

while a Flash movie is still just a whisper floating on the sighs of air coming from comic book fans.

Dude........ The Flash has had a live action tv show, has appeared in other live action shows, and has a new one on the way.

Let it go.

And that goes for everyone complaining that most of the DC heroes haven't had movies.

So what they haven't had movies. We got to see a majority of the JLA in live action decades before we'd see kany of the Avengera in such a light.

Last edited:
This is pretty much what I wanna see from DC this year.

1. Suits
2. Batmobile
3. Concept art
4. Confirmation of a Flash film.
5. News on JL: Dark
6. Confirmation of Justice League's release date.

From Marvel

1. Avengers teaser
2. Antman suit and footage
3. Official announcement of Black Panther and Dr. Strange

You'll probably get all that stuff from marvel, so at least you have that.

But with WB/DC, we'd be extremely lucky to get just one of those things at comic con.

Dude........ The Flash has had a live action tv show, has appeared in other live action shows, and has a new one on the way.

Let it go.

And that goes for everyone complaining that most of the DC heroes haven't had movies.

So what they haven't had movies. We got to see a majority of the JLA in live action decades before we'd see kany of the Avengera in such a light.

An early 90's TV show and cameo's on smallville are never going to satisfy in the way that a movie would.

Man I am excited to see the suit. Just listened back to an older edition of Kevin Smiths Fatman on Batman podcast and he said it is awesome. The Suit that all Bat-fans have been waiting for!!!!

How would Man of Steel have been written if the Green Lantern movie had not been a total disaster, and had actually grossed ~600 million and thus launched the DC film universe?

How would Man of Steel have been written if the Green Lantern movie had not been a total disaster, and had actually grossed ~600 million and thus launched the DC film universe?

I dont think the tone of Man of Steel would have changed. Green Lantern seemed more in the vein of how DC wants to handle its current properties. More emotion, a certain seriousness in the script. I believe a few more "Wow" action sequences and GL could have made 500 mil. This hollywood obsession with fighting smoke monsters is a real franchise killer. I'm looking at you FF Galactus.

It's impossible to say if Green Lantern failed because of A or B because Green Lantern failed on virtually every single level. I'm not interested in debating the merits of Fartallax, Fathead, or of a lazy slacker somehow embodying the power of will. I'm asking purely about MoS, how they would have changed the script if Superman had emerged into an integrated universe, where the "first contact" theme would have been a no-go.

I really don't think man of steel would've been all that different. Maybe there would be a mention of the events in Green Lantern, but I don't think MOS would get changed all that much

They'd have to remove a lot of the first contact theme, or change it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"