• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rebuilt the Kent farm house so we will see scenes between Ma and Clark

When it comes to Aquaman in BvS I want to see some diversity - not just another over-sized muscular hero with attitude. We are already getting that with Batman. And Superman is huge too. Its too samey.
Well he also might be staying under the 6 -10 kilometers of water and that pressure is absolutely immense and constant and he will have to be extremely super strong to survive there.

So how about they represent him like the actual character is drawn - big and muscular, befitting a superhero.

I still think Ma Kent should move to the city to be with Clark in the film. I want to see some scenes between the two most important women in Superman's life. Martha and Lois material is always good to my eyes no matter the tact taken.

But seriously, I think Zac Efron could do a superhero role in a few years. Perhaps a younger Scott Summers in X-Men Apocalpyse.

I could see that. I can also see Marvel Studios snatching him up in the near future.

I still think Ma Kent should move to the city to be with Clark in the film. I want to see some scenes between the two most important women in Superman's life. Martha and Lois material is always good to my eyes no matter the tact taken.

I like that idea. I'd like to see what Ma thinks of Clark's city life, apartment and Lois. I wish they would have shown us what Ma and Lois said to each other when Lois came to the Kent house asking about Clark.

So, has Aquaman been confirmed to be in the movie? And is Momoa in fact playing him? Many sites claim this to be true and people here talk about that like it's a fact, but I've not seen anything official... unless someone can give an official link to this info...

Nope, all rumor at this point.

In your guys's personal opinion, do you feel like Snyder showing some footage at this year's comic con would be premature given its 2016 release? Or do you think that it would be a bold move that would create a some possible buzz for the film early on?

Warner Bros will be doing a staggered release for BvS. What have I heard? Expect the unexpected! And no, it would not be too early but it really comes down to what the studio wants - Snyder will just obey their instructions.

In your guys's personal opinion, do you feel like Snyder showing some footage at this year's comic con would be premature given its 2016 release? Or do you think that it would be a bold move that would create a some possible buzz for the film early on?

There better be! That's the only reason I'm going to SDCC this year!! :cmad:

:o

Seriously though, even a small teaser with a voice over and just the logos ala The Dark Knight and The Avengers would work.

Well he also might be staying under the 6 -10 kilometers of water and that pressure is absolutely immense and constant and he will have to be extremely super strong to survive there.

So how about they represent him like the actual character is drawn - big and muscular, befitting a superhero.

Since people have zero problem with Aquaman not being blonde yet people want him to also be like he is shown in the comics! Superheroes come in all shapes and sizes - and considering the tone from MOS, it would be likely the Atlanteans would be aliens since no human can do Aquaman's feats. Personally I want something that resembles the comic books - blonde hair, bright suit, talks to the creatures underwater! Has Mera in tow.

Since people have zero problem with Aquaman not being blonde yet people want him to also be like he is shown in the comics! Superheroes come in all shapes and sizes - and considering the tone from MOS, it would be likely the Atlanteans would be aliens since no human can do Aquaman's feats. Personally I want something that resembles the comic books - blonde hair, bright suit, talks to the creatures underwater! Has Mera in tow.

There is this thing called hair dye. Perhaps you've heard of it?

And no... Nothing in the tone of MOS says that Atlanteans or Amazons have to be related in any way shape or form to aliens. NOTHING. That's all BS fanboy speculation.

And no... Nothing in the tone of MOS says that Atlanteans or Amazons have to be related in any way shape or form to aliens. NOTHING. That's all BS fanboy speculation.

That sick joke is still being talked about? :dry:

Have I heard of hair dye - well yeah, I have blonde highlights! I even got my hair dyed pink once for gay pride! And yeah if somebody can exist miles underwater they are aliens - cause humans beings cannot do that. So yep, they either found tech or came from outer space.

The tone of mos doesn't mean all the characters are going to be aliens. The rumours about WW being Kryptonian are just that...rumours. There's no proof that the Atlanteans will "likely" be aliens.

And you say you want him like the comics, but want his body type changed...

The tone of mos doesn't mean all the characters are going to be aliens. The rumours about WW being Kryptonian are just that...rumours. There's no proof that the Atlanteans will "likely" be aliens.

And you say you want him like the comics, but want his body type changed...

In the comic books he's had many body shapes - he wasnt always so huge and muscular. I know some people are into muscles and all that but that's so dull - superheroes should present diversity. And if the Atlanteans arent aliens (or descendants) how are they going to explain a race of people who live underwater that nobody has heard about. Remember Superman is supposed to the first.

Have I heard of hair dye - well yeah, I have blonde highlights! I even got my hair dyed pink once for gay pride! And yeah if somebody can exist miles underwater they are aliens - cause humans beings cannot do that. So yep, they either found tech or came from outer space.

Well if you know what hair dye is, what makes you think IF Jason was cast as Arthur that he wouldn't be doing so with a dye job? Cuz that's what your post was suggesting.

And no, in the comics, which you say you want the films to mimic, the Atlanteans aren't aliens, and there's no reason in a film version, despite what you insist, for them to be any different. Like at all.

In the comic books he's had many body shapes - he wasnt always so huge and muscular. I know some people are into muscles and all that but that's so dull - superheroes should present diversity. And if the Atlanteans arent aliens (or descendants) how are they going to explain a race of people who live underwater that nobody has heard about. Remember Superman is supposed to the first.

I'm all for diversity, but you were going on about how he needs to have blond hair like the comics, so I found it odd that you would then say you wanted his body to be different. He's most often muscular. But anyways...

As for how they'll explain aquaman...magic, I guess. That explanation sounds a bit hokey and vague when I write it, so I'm not too fond of it myself, but my point is there is no proof that everyone will be aliens.

Probably because just like the comics, Paradise Isle and Atlantis, and Nanda Parbat and Skartaris ect. are places that are shielded by powerful magic, advanced tech, are in places that are far off from human settlements, highly inaccessible or a combination of all four. And there is nothing in MOS that would at all discount those as perfectly acceptable rationales.

Well if you know what hair dye is, what makes you think IF Jason was cast as Arthur that he wouldn't be doing so with a dye job? Cuz that's what your post was suggesting.

And no, in the comics, which you say you want the films to mimic, the Atlanteans aren't aliens, and there's no reason in a film version, despite what you insist, for them to be any different. Like at all.

So lets just say they are humans. How do you realistically portray that? How can they exist underwater? Talk to creatures underwater? Do the whole telepathy thing with the creatures? Because that aint human. That's what happens in the comic books.

When it comes to Aquaman - I want an athletic swimmer type body, blonde hair, and orange and dark green costume. And somebody who is Aquaman - not some Goyer-invented spin upon the character.

I'm all for diversity, but you were going on about how he needs to have blond hair like the comics, so I found it odd that you would then say you wanted his body to be different. He's most often muscular. But anyways...

As for how they'll explain aquaman...magic, I guess. That explanation sounds a bit hokey and vague when I write it, so I'm not too fond of it myself, but my point is there is no proof that everyone will be aliens.

It's more than just magic. You've got them living in the Ocean, a vast area we still have limited knowledge of, an it's not like they live on a small island, it's a metropolis underwater. And the Atlanteans have both magic and advanced tech at their disposal. So any or all of that adds to rationale that can handle suspension of disbelief in my mind. Same goes for Wonder Woman and the Isle of the Amazons.

Probably because just like the comics, Paradise Isle and Atlantis, and Nanda Parbat and Skartaris ect. are places that are shielded by powerful magic, advanced tech, are in places that are far off from human settlements, highly inaccessible or a combination of all four. And there is nothing in MOS that would at all discount those as perfectly acceptable rationales.

There's no proof magic exists in this universe. Remember the pains they want to in Man of Steel to explain everything. And yet all these races of people exist and nobody has heard of them before? Its too far-fetched to believe.

There's no proof magic exists in this universe. Remember the pains they want to in Man of Steel to explain everything. And yet all these races of people exist and nobody has heard of them before? Its too far-fetched to believe.

Mos didn't go through any "pains" to explain everything. They explained some things, but not to any painstaking degree.

And again...magic, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"