Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Harley Quinn already exists, The Joker exists. And if Joker exists Batman exists, in this arrow universe. Right?

Nay on both counts, in my opinion. It's a possibility, but neither a given nor absolutely necessary. That would be like saying because Felicity Smoak exists, Firestorm (the superhero the original character was most associated with) exists; which - as the show has demonstrated thus far - isn't the case.

I couldn't make her out in the promo. When was it exactly? Ive watched it like 4 times and still nuthin

attachment.php

Nay on both counts, in my opinion. It's a possibility, but neither a given nor absolutely necessary. That would be like saying because Felicity Smoak exists, Firestorm (the superhero the original character was most associated with) exists; which - as the show has demonstrated thus far - isn't the case.

Taking the Joker away from Harley's character would be like taking away the island from Oliver. They could do it if it was pre-Joker Harleen Quinzel, when she was a normal person, but if she is in that cell than she is definitely Harley Quinn not Harleen. That is if it is even her in the first place.

That's a bit of a stretch, I think. Felecitiy Smoak, before Arrow, was hardly known. Amongst casual fans, no one knew her, and I'm sure comic book fans wouldn't immediately recognize her. So that leaves her interpretation and history subject to change without much backlash or hatred from the fans. Harley Quinn is different. She's immediately associated with the Joker. Even casual fans at the very least know her. I'm sure those who watched the cartoons casually associate her with the Joker. So her back story and character history are really hard to change without serious fan backlash. I think (if it is Harley) that her existence implies Joker's existence, which implies Bat's existence.

With all that said, I know I'm certainly stretching it, but if this mean's that the Batman has been around for a long while, then this show really fits into the DCCU, where we know that Batman has been fighting for a while now.

Last week's episode featured a sweet moment between Felicity Oliver that made "Olicity" fans happy. Any more of those in the future?

(Laughs.) The fun or the agony of Oliver and Felicity is they're always taking one step forward and two steps back and that's what I meant when I said it was a slow burn. I will say by the end of the season, you'll see another big evolution of their relationship. But at the same time I don't want to spoil when and how that's going to happen. I do think part of the fun of the show and certainly Oliver and Felicity, things happen in the least expected ways. We'll be doing something with Oliver and Felicity by the end of the year that will really confound and satisfy some viewers and infuriate others but I think that's when you know you're taking chances.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-spoilers-ep-oliver-slade-686086

:whatever:

They should stop teasing the shippers jeez... :cmad:

Ollie and Felicity is pointless, it won't last and it would make Oliver even more pathetic, they're better off as friends. If Sara and him break up or whatever, he should stay single for a while, shippers be damned! The show doesn't need them to be popular, they should leave that stuff to TVD & co.

Can you link to the specific pic you're talking about?

Looks like she deleted them, they were there. It was pictures of her in the orange jumpsuit with black nails and the tags were #arrow #harlequin #sadisticfun

No joke guys, i'm guessing nobody noticed them until the preview was posted and then they were discovered and she was pressured to remove them

Taking the Joker away from Harley's character would be like taking away the island from Oliver. They could do it if it was pre-Joker Harleen Quinzel, when she was a normal person, but if she is in that cell than she is definitely Harley Quinn not Harleen. That is if it is even her in the first place.

If that's really Harley, what's next, the Joker? It seems desperate from their part, they should not depend on Batman characters to gain attention, despite all the DC characters so far, ratings are down: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...hville-up-csi-chicago-fire-arrow-down/242442/

They should improve the writing, make Laurel, Roy and Thea more interesting, more Diggle, the Huntress less psycho... and less shipper pandering with pointless Olicity, etc.

If that's really Harley, what's next, the Joker? It seems desperate from their part, they should not depend on Batman characters to gain attention

You really should do some reading on Harley Quinn in the comics, that way you won't sound completely out of touch and will realize that Harley Quinn isn't an appendage of the Joker anymore.

A lot of network TV is down so far this week.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I missed the pics then.

I didn't catch this but when they were showing Slade around the mansion one of the artist mentioned is Curt Swan,an actual DC artist.

I didn't catch this but when they were showing Slade around the mansion one of the artist mentioned is Curt Swan,an actual DC artist.

Yup. Drew mostly Superman comics, and was a contemporary of Batman artist Dick Sprang. (50's, 60's)

If Steven McQueen is Nightwing that could be in keeping with that rumor of a Young Justice show for 2015... I'm guessing Nightwing and Roy will be major characters on that show. Superboy and Miss Martian were the other two rumored characters.

I'm so excited Nightwing is probably going to be on Arrow, I'm really hoping they set up the Nightwing/Deathstroke rivalry

Also, if Nightwing and Ra's Al Ghul exist in this universe, it's not a stretch to think that the woman with the blonde pigtails is Harley

Exactly my thoughts. I know some do not really want to see Batman characters, but Nightwing is one of my favorites so I welcome him. And I personally have no problem with all the Bat characters.
And that girl is totally Harley. She retweeted messages that said, ''You're Harley Quinn.''

If Steven McQueen is Nightwing that could be in keeping with that rumor of a Young Justice show for 2015... I'm guessing Nightwing and Roy will be major characters on that show.

If so, they might end up having to recast the role. McQueen is already a regular on The Vampire Diaries.

I'm so excited Nightwing is probably going to be on Arrow, I'm really hoping they set up the Nightwing/Deathstroke rivalry
I'm hoping the suit won't suck.

I hope they'll take a look at the Young Justice outfit.

So do I. Arkham City had a pretty awesome design, as well.

I hope they'll take a look at the Young Justice outfit.
The emblem on the Young Justice suit is too small. I prefer the Arkham City suit

9nCS9QN.jpg

i like this one a lot. I like when the blue extends down to two of his fingers. Also, the arm bands basically function as a utility belt and i always liked that look .

Nightwing's costume is pretty easy to nail, it's hard to mess it up.

This fan made outfit doesn't look too shabby. Use the material they are using for Flash, and he would look pretty boss.

DbgpTKR.jpg

Nightwing wouldn't just be cool; he would perfectly fit in thematically with some of the stuff Oliver is going through right now. It's a brilliant idea IMO. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"