The Dark Knight Rises Batman´s New Vehicle In TDKR III

Lucius really out did himself making a new toy for Burce to play with as Batman. >w< The BAT is in its own league and from that The Secret File info this 3rd vehicle is the big brother of the Tumbler and the Batpod. I can't wait to see this beast fly into action and blowing the hell out of Bane's tumblers and around Gotham City. :D heheh It's gonna look sick in IMAX.

That thing Lucius shows to Bruce can't be the Bat. It's much too small. Got to be a mock up/prototype. Perhaps the Bat is housed elsewhere, this is how whomever misses it when getting the tumblers.

It looks big to me. When Bruce and Lucius get closer to it, look at the size of the gun and the door of the Bat.

KkIiE.jpg

And compare the Bat to the computer display next to it.

u9WWd.jpg

servo.jpg

H43-Page-2-7-draw1.jpg

The same technology used in Kaman HH-43 Husky and K-Max:

kaman_hh_43_huskie_head_on_by_shelbs2-d54hjh7.jpg

kmax3.jpg
[/spoiler]

vlcsnap2012070722h53m47.png

vlcsnap2012070722h54m45.png

vlcsnap2012070800h28m56.png

But it seems that Nathan Crowley designed the intermeshing rotor system upsidedown, this way:

h43page27draw1upsidedow.jpg

But, at least, it is very stylish, almost beautyful:

lg9P7.jpg

Last edited:
The Bat is my favourite Nolan era vehicle. I hope it survives the movie, given Batman's flying vehicles are usually shot down or damaged in some way. I think there's a chance it will remain intact this time, if [BLACKOUT]Batman just has to drop the fusion reactor into the river - although there's also the possibiility The Bat may sink while doing so, but I'm not sure.[/BLACKOUT]

This was my favourite thread last summer along with the Pittsburgh shoot, so much anticipation around the new Bat Vehicle and it turned out well. Good to see you still on the technical side Nitrobot. :D

It looks unfinished in the screen cap. I can't see the turbine engines in the pods and that looks like the cockpit canopy frame on the right.

Last edited:
This was my favourite thread last summer along with the Pittsburgh shoot, so much anticipation around the new Bat Vehicle and it turned out well. Good to see you still on the technical side Nitrobot. :D
The Bat definitely looks to be one very memorable vehicle. The effort they put into this piece of fictional machinery is impressive to say the least.

This picture shows the exhaust section of the front turbines hinges to point downwards for when it needs more lift at the front. Something I'd suspected but not seen proof of.

Haha same here, glad I don't need to make gifs anymore.

Last edited:
That pic of Bats in the Bat talking to Gordon is SICK.

The Bat definitely looks to be one very memorable vehicle. The effort they put into this piece of fictional machinery is impressive to say the least.

This is something the Batdesigners have always had in common. There are blueprints/plans in the BATMOBILE history book that are every bit as detailed for the 1989 Batmobile. I love that about these designs.

Does the batpod connect to the Bat?

Well, I thought the Bat was awesome in the movie. We now know
it's blown up when the bomb goes off. At least it is destroyed by default, and not in combat per se

One of the best vehicle creations since the Star Wars movies and easily my favourite of Nolan's trilogy, the sequences with it are stunning! Well worth the hype and wait IMO. :D

Wow The Bat was such a badass vehicle and looked visually stunning on screen. My ranking for the trilogy.

1. The Bat
2. The Tumbler Batmobile
3. The Bat-pod

I absolutely loved it. I couldn't believe how well it worked on screen and so much better then the Bat-Pod. However, it didn't pass the Tumbler for me. Nothing will ever quite match the power and the noise when that baby is working.

I enjoyed it when Batman got in the Bat and shot that wall after talking with Blake

That´s part of why I love it so much that Nolan goes for practical so much and shoots in IMAX instead of 3-D. The Bat never looked like a cartoon, even in the few CG shots. In close shots, it was like I was just below the thing, it felt tangibly real.

Yeah the Bat turned out pretty good, better than I first feared when I heard about flying vehicles!! But it looked great especially dodging those missiles at the end. Looked believable and fitted in nicely with the designs of the Tumbler and Batpod. Certainly my second fave after the Tumbler design.

That´s part of why I love it so much that Nolan goes for practical so much and shoots in IMAX instead of 3-D. The Bat never looked like a cartoon, even in the few CG shots. In close shots, it was like I was just below the thing, it felt tangibly real.

I didn't see it in IMAX but I felt the same about The Bat being real, mainly because in many shots it was for the most part lol. It felt as real as a chopper would in a movie, which is a testament to the design team that brought it to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"