The Dark Knight Rises Batman 3: Where does the story go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way....I just wanted to let everyone know in here...that I nominated The Guard vs Mr. Earle as Best Rivalry on the Hype Awards Community Forum!

hahaha....I don't even know if they have ever got into it....but they seem like one in the same.....so I think it would be a good battle!

LOL
Thanks a lot!

While it's always an honor to be nominated...aren't Earle and I usually on the same side?
I know right? We usually agree, or midly disagree. :woot:
Earle and Saint is a better pick. :o
:awesome:

Well, to get back on topic (sucks that the awards didn't get this on btw, rivalries and feuds have been awesome since WWF!) I was wondering if getting both Catwoman and Talia is such a far-fetched thing? Or if we get to see the Tumbler one more time... didn't Fox say that they were developing two of those?

Well, to get back on topic (sucks that the awards didn't get this on btw, rivalries and feuds have been awesome since WWF!) I was wondering if getting both Catwoman and Talia is such a far-fetched thing? Or if we get to see the Tumbler one more time... didn't Fox say that they were developing two of those?

This might sound weird but I think having Talia in the film with Catwoman would be kind of interesting. Catwoman a-lone, not so much. I actually kind of like that idea because no-one would expect it.

:) to quote a brave and wise man in the universe; "I KNOW RIGHT?!" Why stick with one character when you can have several.

Well this is my two cents on who the villains should be and how they can easily play out in TDKR.

Hugo Strange

Hugo Strange is a prominent and renowned professor of psychology and new head of psycho-therapy at the recently reopened Arkham Asylum. Here he performs a series of horrifying and sadistic experiments, including torture and interrogation of select inmates who have previously had an encounter with the Batman. Strange’s fascination becomes more apparent as he revels in each account of the Dark Knight. However, this strange, yet subtle obsession quickly leads to a mental breakdown, leaving the professor in a delusional state. Believing himself to be worthless and insignificant in comparison to the Batman and losing his confidence as a doctor of psychology overall, Strange vows to find and break the mind of the fallen hero. Focusing all of his compiled hatred and concentration on the Batman, Strange extensively physically and mentally trains himself to the extent of peak human ‘perfection’ all the while beginning a violent and personal smear campaign against the only man he envies. Proceeding to publicly announce a disturbingly accurate, yet vile and misshapen psychoanalysis of the Caped Crusader, Strange paints an image of the knight darker than the night itself and is eventually approached by GCPD. At the request of the newly elected and easily swayed Mayor Wilson Kauss, Strange joins the Vigilante Task Force as its lead consultant and psychoanalytic profiler. He demands access to all GCPD files and beginning re-profiling the Batman using much needed, and much more recent information. Strange mainly keeps to himself throughout his work, using his Arkham office as a base of operations, while slipping more into madness whenever at his penthouse. Strange has deep tie-ins and a strong influence over the drug trafficking ring associated with the False Face Society. He oversees all direct shipments of his “medication” to the various medical facilities. His influence as a doctor becomes more apparently associated with his own insanity and controlled substances. As a psychoanalytic expert he relies on an unmatched extensive knowledge of psychology and psychiatry. Intent on deducing the Batman’s true identity, the compulsive and dangerously driven professor will stop at nothing to tear the Batman out of existence.

Black Mask

Roman Sionis, known in the underworld of Gotham as The Black Mask, is the head of the Gotham’s dominant crime organization known as The False Face Society, and supplies the remaining mob families with all of its drugs and illegal arms. The Black Mask is a ruthless, arrogant, narcissistic crime boss with little patience for anyone. An unexplained incident in the past left certain areas of his face scarred and surgeries have left it unevenly deformed. As a result, Sionis as the Black Mask wears a hideous, black oak wooden mask carved straight from his father’s coffin and into the shape of a skull. As a means of symbolism by “inflicting fear into the hearts of man”, Sionis truly believes that, despite being removable, he and the mask are one. Each member of his organization, The False Face Society, is required to bear the branding of a grim skull on their body. When not attending to illegal operations behind the mask, the public views the sly and careless tendencies of the ill-willed business tycoon control freak Roman Sionis. Sionis heads his family owned business as the CEO of SIONIS Ent., a multimillionaire state, federal, and mob financing company rivaling Wayne Enterprises in business funding and accounting. Sionis and Bruce Wayne are close ‘acquaintances’ at best. Having known each other for years, the recently reformed SIONIS Ent. and its major financial jump on the markets catches not only Bruce Wayne’s attention, but also Luscious Fox’s. After withstanding numerous police investigations and legal issues, Wayne Enterprises eventually buys out SIONIS Ent., compelling Sionis to don the mask full time and drive the knife of criminality deeper into the heart of Gotham. Targeting its favorite son, Bruce Wayne, the False Face Society begins burning down Wayne Enterprises owned properties. Continuing, the Black Mask begins a large drug trafficking ring down around the lower East End of Gotham City in an effort to maintain total control over the exports and imports of all illegal dealings around the city. This easily catches even more unwanted attention from a low lying, yet always suspecting Batman and the ever watching, ever wandering Catwoman.

Catwoman

Selina Kyle is an eccentric, independently wealthy, green-eyed brunette who is undeniably beautiful beyond imagination. Once a former model, Selina currently works by day as the secretary of Internal Affairs at Wayne Enterprises. By night, she stalks the cityscape as the self-imposed masked philanthropist known as the Catwoman. Earning a frowned upon fame among Gotham as a master thief, Selina has armed herself with much of Batman’s very own WayneCorp tech (due to being secretary of Internal Affairs). Donning a dark and daring parachuted leather vest, a slick black armor bodysuit with curved goggles under a wind resistant mask, Catwoman’s entire suit, from the retractable steel “claws” in her gloves and boots to the ears on her head, vaguely resembles a cat. She carries around and effectively makes use of a leather bullwhip. As the Catwoman, Selina acts as a ‘Robin Hood’ type figure, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, while keeping a close watch over the side of Gotham in which she was raised. Soundly inspired by the Dark Knight, Catwoman interferes with numerous mob dealings, attempting to put an end to various drug trafficking and stealing thousands of dollars from organizations such as the False Face Society, creating an enemy within the Black Mask. She constantly taunts criminals, usually with their own money and her own attractiveness. Continuing in a manner similar to that of the Caped Crusader, Selina takes down henchmen and thugs alike under the guise of the night’s natural camouflage. Catwoman is also a master escape artist, mainly eluding yet constantly luring the Dark Knight into a game of sexual advance. Though nowhere near as dedicated to fighting crime as Batman, Catwoman makes good of her deeds. Next to being independently wealthy, Selina has formed countless charities across Gotham, investing in top medical research and education. Catwoman mirrors Batman in almost every aspect. She will cross the line in times when he will not. She tests him affectionately and professionally, while her taste for the theatrics and her sexy appeal to him only further attracts the bat to the cat.
Just posted all of this on a second forum here too. Tell me what you guys think even though I know all three subjects have numerously been adressed in the past.

Catwoman

Selina Kyle is an eccentric, independently wealthy, green-eyed brunette who is undeniably beautiful beyond imagination. Once a former model, Selina currently works by day as the secretary of Internal Affairs at Wayne Enterprises. By night, she stalks the cityscape as the self-imposed masked philanthropist known as the Catwoman. Earning a frowned upon fame among Gotham as a master thief, Selina has armed herself with much of Batman’s very own WayneCorp tech (due to being secretary of Internal Affairs). Donning a dark and daring parachuted leather vest, a slick black armor bodysuit with curved goggles under a wind resistant mask, Catwoman’s entire suit, from the retractable steel “claws” in her gloves and boots to the ears on her head, vaguely resembles a cat. She carries around and effectively makes use of a leather bullwhip. As the Catwoman, Selina acts as a ‘Robin Hood’ type figure, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, while keeping a close watch over the side of Gotham in which she was raised. Soundly inspired by the Dark Knight, Catwoman interferes with numerous mob dealings, attempting to put an end to various drug trafficking and stealing thousands of dollars from organizations such as the False Face Society, creating an enemy within the Black Mask. She constantly taunts criminals, usually with their own money and her own attractiveness. Continuing in a manner similar to that of the Caped Crusader, Selina takes down henchmen and thugs alike under the guise of the night’s natural camouflage. Catwoman is also a master escape artist, mainly eluding yet constantly luring the Dark Knight into a game of sexual advance. Though nowhere near as dedicated to fighting crime as Batman, Catwoman makes good of her deeds. Next to being independently wealthy, Selina has formed countless charities across Gotham, investing in top medical research and education. Catwoman mirrors Batman in almost every aspect. She will cross the line in times when he will not. She tests him affectionately and professionally, while her taste for the theatrics and her sexy appeal to him only further attracts the bat to the cat.
Just posted all of this on a second forum here too. Tell me what you guys think even though I know all three subjects have numerously been adressed in the past.

That particular characterization of Selina is what she is all about.

That's the type of Catwoman characterization I would want to see in the next Bat film.

She is The Dark Knights one and only true soul mate if you will.

Hey guys! Its been a while since i last posted script ideas, but ive been working non stop to come up with worthy plot points and i think ive come close to cracking a good idea for a third story. Here is a sequence ive come up with, would love some feedback to know if you guys think im going in the right direction:

One night Dr. Hugo Strange decides to follow Gordon after he leaves his office in suspicion that he might be up to something. He eventually finds Gordon secretly meeting with Batman. Strange Takes a picture of the two. Strange meets with Lt. Bullock and shows him the pictures. He then manipulates Bullock and convinces him to turn on his superior officer. One day a call goes out on the police radio with information on the Batman's whereabouts. The task force quickly moves in, with Gordon riding with Bullock. When the two arrive on scene they slowly move in. Bullock then Knocks Gordon unconscious from behind. Gordon awakes tied to a chair in Arkham Asylum. Dr. Strange reveals himself along with Bullock. Strange injects Gordon with a truth serum he developed. Strange then asks Gordon a series of questions. If he knows who Batman is, why he's helping the batman, if the Batman really did kill Dent and those people, and why he covered it up. Finally Strange asks the location of Gordon's family (which is currently in witness protection). Strange gives Gordon an ultimatum, either he participates as bait in his trap for Batman, or the people he's working for will kill Gordon's family. Later that night Bruce receives a message from Gordon saying come quick and giving him a location. Batman arrives on scene only to be ambushed by the task force. Batman fights them off and appears to have escaped, but is shot with a tranquilizer by assassin Floyd 'Deadshot' Lawton. Lawton then takes the unconscious Batman to his boss, Roman Sionis.

^ Several good ideas in there, though I'm not a fan of Gordon's family being held hostage or threatened again. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife took the kids and left after the horrible things Gordon's job exposed the family to. Maybe Gordon will have a fling with Sarah Essen.

Yeah, I kinda agree about the whole family thing. But I didn't feel as though threatening gordon with releasing the info about dent was enough to get him to cooperate. But I guess I could just make that work. Plz if u have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them.

Very interesting ideas here. I like the way you introduced the task force again drizzle, reminded me of how much of a big role they played in the first and second films. Even in Batman Begins Commissioner Loeb had assigned a task force to capture Batman, in the next film Gordon had his own MCU/army to put an end to all the chaos inspired by the Batman. In this third film, I'm fully expecting something along the lines of what Bruce and Rachel always talked about - about a Gotham not needing Batman, but Bruce needing it for himself. It'll push his role as a guardian/vigilante to the ultimate test. I'm assuming that as Commissioner, Jim will do three times the work he's done before and really do well with the crimes in the city. The GCPD may be corrupt, but its not impotent. If anything, Batman's reputation as Gotham's own dark knight would prompt the corrupt officers to rally behind the cause of apprehending him. But this time, Gordon's the one who speaks boldly that Gotham is safe. He's the hero cop. Even more so now. And then get Sarah Essen in on the antics, as the sexy new lieutenant who's out to get the masked vigilante. And yeah, I kinda agree with Mister H, they will probably show a bit more about Gordon's problems with his wife, her leaving (maybe coming back) etc.

As for the villain, maybe it's just me but i don't think Hugo Strange serves as a good antagonist. We already had a mad scientist/psychoanalyst villain in the first film, why rehash the idea when you can introduce new ones? I favor someone like Hush, his bandaged mask and ability to really probe into Bruce's mind (in addition to Batman's) makes him a villain Nolan might want to explore. Bring in Catwoman and you have your multiple dimensions. Black Mask can be introduced too, but the same way Falcone and Maroni were in the first two films: very important figures of the mob, but not the central antagonist. I like MisterStrange's take on the character and how the False Face Society is implemented. Great work guys. Let me know what you think about my ideas too :)

Ok so here is my plot summary and tie in for the trilogy.You can fill in the gaps with police stuff, batman fighting thugs, and romance stuff, but this is a lose idea.

Movie starts with prison break in the south prisoner nick named killer croc helps Bane escape. Bane then kills him. At the same time commisioner Gordon ia finnally getting the police department cleaned up. Batman is still doing his thing by night with a half hearted effort by the police to catch him, but Batman rarely has a dangerous encounter and he has short nights giving him time to develope a night life and run his business. Enter a good girl love interest & Selina Kyle who has eyes for Bruce. Batman begins to do more detective work on a string of high end thefts. Little does he know Selina is trying to get close to Bruce so she can relieve him of some priceless family jewels (remaining pearl collection missing a necklace, or something else.

With gotham basically crime boss free, Bane makes his way to gotham to take up leadership his deceased brothers gang (his brother was chopped up and fed to the dogs by Joker). Bane holds no ill will against the Joker because his brother is the one who got him locked up so he could take control of the gang. Bane believes batman is going soft and wants to get him out of the way before Batman realizes the threat of Bane.

Cat woman is going about her business stealing goods when Bane sets a trap for her. Bane then offers her a job, keep stealing and lure Batman to a trap.

Bruce is out with his next good girl love interest when they bump into Selina at a Wayne foundation function, Bruce knows she is not on the list. Selina says a sexy hello and is making an obvious pass at Bruce, Selina appologizes to the girl and bings the good girl a drink, which is drugged. The girl feels faint but Bruce can't leave his event so Alfered drives her home leave Bruce with Selina. Selina uses her time with Bruce to gain access to an area of the building that houses her prize she is going to steal. When the event is nearly over Catwoman swipes the good, Bruce already suspicious of Selina is loking for her when he finds Catwoman. He tries to stop her but she escapes, Bruce persues her as batman. She leads him on a long chase and that is where Bane steps form the shadows and a tremendous fight breaks out, Batman is not prepared under estimates a steroided out Bane who dilivers a blow and breaks Batmans back. (were talking a half hour into the movie) Cat woman feels guilty and tries to stop Bane form killing Batman, Bane tries to kill cat woman and after a fight which he believes ended with cat woman falling to her death he returns to find Batman gone. Alfred to the rescue.

Bane then systematically takes over the gangs of Gotham, the police force is strained ot copacity, gordon needs batman, gotham needs batman, without him things are worse than ever under Bane.

Bruce during recovery, questions his ability, trains back up, and is focused on removing Bane. Bane in the mean time figures out Bruce Wayne is Batman due to his sudden absence from gotham and similarities to batman. Catwoman keeps being a thorn in Banes side. Bane puts a bounty on her head.

Bane visits Bruce at home and intends on black mailing him, and threatens alfreds and Bruces love interest (good girl) lives.

Batman talks with Gordon and makes a plan. Batman pursues cat woman as well, he captures her, discovers its selina. He then disguises himself to collect the reward for the cat. Bane meets with the bounty hunter to pay him/kill him. Bruce reveals himself and he and Bruce face off. Gordon has his whole police force closing in on the fight, Bruce must finish off Bane and then conseal his identity. Bruce beats Bane, with a little help from Cat Woman, who still does not know its bruce (he manages to hide his face with the fallen Banes mask). Gordon collects the over dosed Bane who is bombed out of his mind.

The city is thankful to have Batman back, he is the lesser of the evils and he is their accepted and controversial dark knight.

Bruce wants to settle down but Batman and the cat continue their chase.....

Trilogy Overview
Batman Begins - Pretty simple, Batman begins, Gotham is confused but thankful he saved them....but what about esscalation???

The Dark Knight- Batman does the thankless dirty work of dealling with the worst scum in gotham, Joker takes it to a new level, Dent is killed, Batman takes the fall. The city is unified for the first time in ridding gotham of criminals.

The Dark Knight Rises- Batman is persued a bit or allot as a criminal, Bane comes on the scene and Gotham sees how horrible what life without Batman is, Batman sets the town straight again, many forgive him for Dent and see hims as a champion for gotham but he is still controversial.

I could see them modifying a script they originally had for a 3rd film where the Joker was supposed to get out of Harkam, have Bane take out batman, and have anarchy in the streets until Batman set it back right. Would have been great Heath.....

Well that's my take on a possibility anyway....

Last edited:
After Scarecrow as the symbol of "fear", the joker as a symbol of "chaos", I can see Catwoman as an evident living symbol of... "temptation". The temptation of the love life Batman never had with rachel, the temptation for an easy and carefree life, the life above the law where Batman is pushed, the temptation of crossing the line (not the killing one, the one were you let a criminal escaping, where you abandon your traditional moral compas)

^ This will be like the 10th time I've said this, but I really don't think that Catwoman is going to be a villain in this film, in contrast to pretty much everyone else.

However, I could definitely see the 'temptation' theme working with Bruce feeling the same sort of conflicted feelings regarding a relationship with Selina as he did with Rachel (especially if you factor in her being a vigilante).

After Scarecrow as the symbol of "fear", the joker as a symbol of "chaos", I can see Catwoman as an evident living symbol of... "temptation". The temptation of the love life Batman never had with rachel, the temptation for an easy and carefree life, the life above the law where Batman is pushed, the temptation of crossing the line (not the killing one, the one were you let a criminal escaping, where you abandon your traditional moral compas)

Very well put! I can completely see this happening. It'll be damned near perfect (yes I managed to abstain from the pun) if Nolan uses that as a central theme for the film.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the idea of Talia still being in this movie... coming to Gotham WITH Bane, the new heir to the LOS... and Catwoman being the love interest.

Someone else suggested this idea and I think it's a good way to round out the trilogy.

@ Pythenis, that's a good plot, I liked that you gave Batman a little action out of his mask. It would be great to see Bale duking it out sans mask in a scene where his 'true' identity comes out. I know wanting that is blasphemy on my end. I'd have to disagree about your breakdown of the trilogy though, I've always said that it's about Batman fighting criminality in the first, the concept of the criminal in the second, and finally about being overwhelmed by criminal-ism in the third. It's a neologism but it makes sense with Batman branded as a vigilante.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the idea of Talia still being in this movie... coming to Gotham WITH Bane, the new heir to the LOS... and Catwoman being the love interest.

Someone else suggested this idea and I think it's a good way to round out the trilogy.

THIS. Combine that with some other moral theme that leaves us all on a positive note after "fear" and "chaos" should make everything whole. Along with Talia & Bane, and Catwoman at Batman's side, the ending should all tie together with the return of Ra's, via the Lazarus Pit. Throw in a few minor appearances of Bat-universe characters (ala Zsasz in BB) along with a new Batmobile, Wayne Manor, and Batcave, and we'll all be happy.

I posted this as a thread and it was immediately closed, though Im not sure why except that maybe your not allowed to post new threads for a thought, so I figured I would try sharing here and see if anyone has any thoughts.

I think Selina will be an opposite idea of what Dent was in TDK
I think Bane will be a mercenary of sorts hired by Talia to destroy the man who took her father from her. Bane being simply out to destroy Batman both physically and Psychologically, will capitilize on fundemental aspects. I think Selina Kyle will be hired to earn his emotional trust, and truly be there to rob him and Wayne Ent. While Bane breaks batman, Selina breaks Bruce, especially considering vulnerability after Rachel.

Now heres my Dent comparison, Dent was a good guy in TDK till he was corrupted by Joker at the end of TDK. I think Selina is Bruces potential redemption. SOmeone sent to him with evil intentions from the start, but becomes inspired by him, and returns as Catwoman in the end to save him just before Bane finally breaks the Bat.

Nolan is always generally going back to fundamental aspects of each character. Look at Catwomans fundemental traits.

Master Thief (nolan loves big scale Heist situations)
Seductress
In her evolution she has on more than one occasion switched sides from good to bad.
and finally, the Catwoman persona was out of inspiration from Batman.

I posted this as a thread and it was immediately closed, though Im not sure why except that maybe your not allowed to post new threads for a thought, so I figured I would try sharing here and see if anyone has any thoughts.

I think Selina will be an opposite idea of what Dent was in TDK
I think Bane will be a mercenary of sorts hired by Talia to destroy the man who took her father from her. Bane being simply out to destroy Batman both physically and Psychologically, will capitilize on fundemental aspects. I think Selina Kyle will be hired to earn his emotional trust, and truly be there to rob him and Wayne Ent. While Bane breaks batman, Selina breaks Bruce, especially considering vulnerability after Rachel.

Now heres my Dent comparison, Dent was a good guy in TDK till he was corrupted by Joker at the end of TDK. I think Selina is Bruces potential redemption. SOmeone sent to him with evil intentions from the start, but becomes inspired by him, and returns as Catwoman in the end to save him just before Bane finally breaks the Bat.

Nolan is always generally going back to fundamental aspects of each character. Look at Catwomans fundemental traits.

Master Thief (nolan loves big scale Heist situations)
Seductress
In her evolution she has on more than one occasion switched sides from good to bad.
and finally, the Catwoman persona was out of inspiration from Batman.

I like your take.

Your thread was closed because there is already a thread to talk about Catwoman/Hathaway in general.

I like your take.

Your thread was closed because there is already a thread to talk about Catwoman/Hathaway in general.

That makes perfect sense, thank you

As far as the idea, I think it plays well of the common moviegoer as well. The bulk of the audience will know catwoman as the villain from Batman Returns and the 60's show. So having her as the villain who winds up turning on the bad guys in the end to save Batman is a rather interesting suprise for those who dont know the comics.

I just don't want her "killed" off again, like in BR. I want her in custody or escaping or whatever makes Batman's heart break in the end (I always liked the possibility of them ending up together, but I doubt it'll happen in TDKR. But I've been wrong before).

I think she will simply leave in the end, but not before making off with some of the wayne fortune, or perhaps the league of shadows fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"