Battlefield 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Correct. The vehicle distribution on the new maps (maybe not for all game modes, though) coupled with the vehicle buffs makes them totally stupid most of the time.

Also, for Pat, I don't play Hardcore. I don't really want to, either, to be honest. So, as much as the new nerfs/buffs might not effect you in hardcore mode, they are still very present in regular mode, so those are the issues I care about most.

It takes way too many hits to kill a tank now. Period. 5 Javelin missiles is absurd. Most of the time, you won't even get to fire 3 before the enemy zeroes you and you're dead. And then, they can repair the tank. Absolutely stupid. Also, it takes more than 4 tank shots to kill one now. Not sure exactly how many, but it's not the same.

IMO the game just felt WAY more balanced pre-patch. If you're not in a vehicle, you're basically dead.

Well those issues just dont exist in the hardcore servers. Taking out a tank is still a fairly easy process granted they dont have an engineer repairing them. But thats what you get for playing hardcore mode. You get a better, more authentic experience. Standard is just more arcade. Taking 5 hits from a javelin is pretty ridiculous, which is why it belongs in the standard mode. Dont want to deal with that? Play hardcore mode. You also dont have to worry about people cheating and going into 3rd person view mode while in vehicles, hardcore forces them into the first person view mode, the way it should always be.

I still can't fathom why anyone wanting a more authentic or realistic BF experience doesn't play hardcore mode. The only difference i can spot other than the fact its a FAR superior and more realistic experience is that you dont have everyone lit up like a damn christmas tree from being spotted. They show up on the mini map, but thats it. You still have a mini map, u can still spot people out. You just dont have to deal with the BS arcade style gameplay that you are describing.

As for the balance issues in like SQDM or TDM, those could still very much be present even in hardcore. I dont bother with any of those modes though. CQ and RUSH are far better any way.

But thats what you get for playing standard mode, you get a more arcade experience.

Last edited:
Hmm maybe I'll try hardcore after all....lol

Haha, I'm telling ya man, give it a shot. Put an hour or so in and see what ya think. Again, the biggest difference are the lack of actual icons over players when you spot someone out, but they do still appear on the mini map and you can only spawn on the squad leader(dont know if this is the same in standard). The vehicles are also locked into 1st person which makes creeping up on a tank to plant C4 a LOT easier.

I don't mind Hardcore mode but it really doesn't do it for me as much as it seems to do for you Pat. I find enemies drop with only a few rounds in Standard and it didn't feel much different in Hardcore, except for the limitations on spotting.

I don't mind Hardcore mode but it really doesn't do it for me as much as it seems to do for you Pat. I find enemies drop with only a few rounds in Standard and it didn't feel much different in Hardcore, except for the limitations on spotting.

Yea the hardcore mode deff isn't as "hardcore" as it was in Bad Company 2. I complain that enemies take too much damage. There was a large difference in the standard and hardcore mode in BC2, here its more subtle.

I played multiplayer for the first time last night, and I couldn't adapt to the controls for some reason. I had the control scheme for Skyrim in my head, haha! And damn I suck at this game. Everyone has all these awesome weapons, while all I've got are the crappy starters.

I'm in complete luffles with the Viper. When I hit a jet with both heatseekers and see the "vehicle disabled/destroyed" and "enemy killed" pop-ups... so good. :awesome: And it's even better when I blow up another Viper. Hahah and since I play Conquest I even help cap flags occasionally.

Speedball said:
I played multiplayer for the first time last night, and I couldn't adapt to the controls for some reason. I had the control scheme for Skyrim in my head, haha! And damn I suck at this game. Everyone has all these awesome weapons, while all I've got are the crappy starters.

I've always seen that as a rite of passage in BF. If you can plug your way through those first 5 - 10 levels to unlock some good weapons, by the time you get there you're a competent player (hopefully). You have to earn the weapons through skill. Thats why I hated those freaking boosters using engie tools on EOD Bots

Ever since I got the MAV it's all I've been using match after match. It's kinda boring but I know I'm providing a useful service to my team, and the points aren't bad either.

Plus, you can one hit kill people with it. It's like a MAV fest out there nowadays.

Yea iv noticed that as well. Those MAVs are all over the damn place. Iv started using my stingers on the little bastards. I played some rush on Wake Island the other day and our team got absolutely roasted and I was perplexed because it felt as tho EVERYONE had a MAV out, and I couldn't figure out how they were stopping us if everyone was flying a damn MAV. But yea iv deff noticed more of those things being used. They're super useful but I don't think they should be allowed to kill people, or at least make it take like 50 hits to kill someone.

50 hits to kill someone, but like, 49 and a half on Hardcore mode.

MAVs are about the only thing a stinger can take out with the new patch.

The MAV is annoying, I wish they made it less agile but it's nice to know a stinger can take them out.

Anyway I thought I'd never get a kill/destroy a vehicle with the repair torch. I tried in normal matches all day and didn't come close. I realized it would be easier in hardcore. My first kill was with the repair torch on some lonely camper and I managed to destroy a tank with the torch in the 2nd match hahah.

I like how I can destroy enemy equipment with the MAV, even other MAV's. You MAV bro? *trollface*

Hahah I felt dirty helping my team win a couple rounds of Squad deathmatch with it. I mostly just park it in decent hiding places though.

Hahah I felt dirty helping my team win a couple rounds of Squad deathmatch with it. I mostly just park it in decent hiding places though.

sadly I felt that way last might. I needed 4 wins to unlock the gun. only 2 friends wanted to play last night, so some lucky scrub who sniped the while time getting 5 kills in total was on our squad and got the 4/5 wins fast.

the problem with squad death match is you get the tank and its gee gee, good game. if its constantly driving around its hard to take out.

Yeah you need some teamwork to bring those guys down. Have an engineer plant some AT mines ahead of their route and have a support with C4 ready in case they stop to blow up the mines. Just need 1 more win and I never have to play that terrible game mode ever again lol.

That's if you're lucky enough for them to have a route. Depending on the map, there can be no way to predict where they're going.

lol well they're small maps for the most part so it shouldn't be too tough to anticipate their path if they're constantly moving around.

Well Caspian Border and Wake Island are tough to anticipate a path and I get them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"