BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people so worried about exactly with Ben Affleck? That he doesn't look the part or won't act the part?
Obviously it's his acting because everyone should agree that Ben looks more like Bruce Wayne than any previous actor in the role.

I think what people are most afraid of about Ben is that he won't lose himself in the role. Even in a suit and cowl nobody will see The Batman but instead Ben Affleck wearing the suit.

Obviously it's his acting because everyone should agree that Ben looks more like Bruce Wayne than any previous actor in the role.

Hmm, it's close, but Bale still looks more like Bruce Wayne for me. His eyes are what do it for me. That's way more important to me than a square chin. I also feel like Bale looks more believable as someone who comes from old money. Affleck has more of a "street tough" vibe to me.

It's that super intense, focused look (even in moments where it's not necessary) that get me with Bale.

Bruce-Wayne-Batman-Begins-bruce-wayne-26852536-640-256.jpg

He has that touch of crazy about him, without it being too much (like Bentley).

I say this all still thinking Affleck can do quite well. Then again, it's important to note that everyone has a different ideal of what Bruce Wayne should be/look like. For some people Clooney was a perfect Bruce Wayne despite being a horrible Batman. Not for moi.

The eyes, yeah. Bale has that intensity and determination. Affleck has the height and jaw.

I know it's animation but if you look at how Bruce Wayne looks in the animated series, he never looks super intense..he kind of looks like Affleck actually. I think that's what we're going to get.

Yeah, Wayne never looks cold and calculating outside of the costume, he's actually a pretty traditionally handsome all American guy. It's when he goes into Bat mode he starts to get that look.

Yeah, I guess I've always believed that we all take all the versions of Batman from various media and imagine our own ideal Batman in our head. For me, Bale came the closest to what I've built the character up to be in my mind's eye, despite not being a spitting image of what you got in the comics or animation. He felt more like what the real world version of Bruce Wayne would actually be. Affleck feels like he will be more of the comic/cartoon come to life. People who value that will likely love his version, but I don't put much stock into that alone. The performance is what matters most. Heath Ledger's Joker really doesn't look much like the traditional comics Joker, but that doesn't stop him from feeling like a very definitive version of the character to me.

Last edited:
I think what people are most afraid of about Ben is that he won't lose himself in the role. Even in a suit and cowl nobody will see The Batman but instead Ben Affleck wearing the suit.

If he changes his voice I guarantee it won't matter, because any actor becomes largely unrecognizable once they put on the Batsuit anyway.

I'm with Damon on this one - people are severely overestimating the amount of acting skill it takes to play Batman [insert sarcastic Daniel Day-Lewis casting suggestion here].

Bruce Wayne is the bigger challenge, but I'm not sure how much an actor can actually "disappear" into that role. As talented an actor as Heath Ledger was, it's a lot easier to disappear into a role when you're in costume covered with makeup and able to affect a really weird voice - none of which applies to Bruce Wayne.

As far as I'm concerned, Affleck is a dead ringer for 70s Neal Adams Batman - so he's got the look covered - and he's at the very least a decent actor who has pulled off similar kinds of roles in the past (tough guy in The Town, well-off social climber in The Company Men and yes, vigilante hero in Daredevil. Whatever problems that movie had, Affleck wasn't one of them).

So yeah, I'm not worried. Can't wait until they release a photo of Affleck in the damn Batsuit so we can finally have a little more to go on in this neverending debate. :batman:

Honestly it's not going to be hard to beat Christian Bale's batman in both voice and action. He's going to be fine imo as Batman. It's the Bruce Wayne that I'm hoping he does well but I've been ok with the casting from the beginning so i'm no worried.

I just hope Affleck is able to convey a lot of emotions with just his eyes.

Im just extremely stoked for the visual upgrade over the Nolan films. Batman is actually going to look like he can fight. Also hoping for more gadgets used in action sequences.

Bruce Wayne has to portray that he's wise, tired and weary. I hope affleck can nail the different personas as Bruce. I actually liked his quiet and somber look in Argo.

Last edited:
Honestly it's not going to be hard to beat Christian Bale's batman in both voice and action. He's going to be fine imo as Batman. It's the Bruce Wayne that I'm hoping he does well but I've been ok with the casting from the beginning so i'm no worried.

I just hope Afflect is able to convey a lot of emotions with just his eyes.

Im just extremely stoked for the visual upgrade over the Nolan films. Batman is actually going to look like he can fight. Also hoping for more gadgets used in action sequences.

Bruce Wayne has to portray that he's wise, tired and weary. I hope afflect can nail the different personas as Bruce. I actually liked his quiet and somber look in Argo.

Good comparison.

I just hope Afflect is able to convey a lot of emotions with just his eyes.

Bruce Wayne has to portray that he's wise, tired and weary. I hope afflect can nail the different personas as Bruce. I actually liked his quiet and somber look in Argo.

You're aware his name is Affleck and not Afflect right

the cause and afflect of afflect getting cast as batflect has been rather satisfactory.

ЯɘvlveR;27310711 said:
the cause and afflect of afflect getting cast as batflect has been rather satisfactory.

Hahaha :oldrazz:

I just don't want the iconic Batman mythos to be Afflected in any way.

I just hope Ben Affleck's version is not like All-Star Batman where he laughs like a madman and says he's the Goddamn Batman.

PS - I wonder if Ben Affleck is a fan of the rock group The Cure and has seen Robert Smith without makeup.

i just found a good example of what they and he should avoid...

AFFLECK_1Pick1_1319240642.jpg

just not convincing

acting abilities...i asked time ago for scenes where he is convincing when playing angry...this is an example which makes me ask if he can play an intimidating batman or not

You being sarcastic or serious? If you're being serious then just, wow.

Well I think they were playing The Town on TNT today, basically just stopped on the channel just in time to see a shower scene of some muscled dude with some hideous tattoo. Turns out it was Affleck and he looked pretty good definition wise.

Yeah, what Affleck did in The Town is not comparable with how he'd do Bruce or Batman. And that's great. It's called playing a role for a reason.

we had a debate about this already im not gona start all over again. but ben has always this smirk in his expressions ...right before he bursts out laughing...i havent found a really good scene where he is a convincing angry person...yeah wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"