BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the pizza jokes would die now. He looks great.

his face is very slimmer than another pics, i think we're getting close!

0018.jpg

0013.jpg

005.jpg

I agree. No one is being asked for Citizen Kane here. I just want the role taken seriously and justice done to the character, and it certainly won't take an Oscar nominated performance for that to be accomplished.
We are in complete agreement.

I said to myself "Don't mention the pizza thing. Just don't. It'll just make it worse." Then it kept happening for months. Then I cracked, mentioned it and now there's nothing but pizza up in this thread.

*runs away in shame*

I'm very optimistic on BatFleck. Eisenberg I think can do a job but he'll have to pull a huge performance out. Gadot I'll need some convincing on as I've hardly seen any of her films. But BatFleck I've been optimistic from the beginning on and I have a feeling he'll nail this.

I said to myself "Don't mention the pizza thing. Just don't. It'll just make it worse." Then it kept happening for months. Then I cracked, mentioned it and now there's nothing but pizza up in this thread.

*runs away in shame*
The Pizza thing really is weird. It completely wasn't a big deal but somehow it became a meme or whatever. I was pissed about it at first but then it became funny to me.

*runs away in shame*
Pizza jokes are always good, even when they have no relevance to the discussion at hand.

I agree. No one is being asked for Citizen Kane here. I just want the role taken seriously and justice done to the character, and it certainly won't take an Oscar nominated performance for that to be accomplished.
While you're not wrong, I don't know why fans would want to place a ceiling on what could be accomplished with any given character/story. It goes without saying we want it to be good and engaging. And sure, it's "enough". Why not aspire for something great, however?

Ben is a damn fine actor. He's really picked up his game ever since The Town. I think anyone that hasn't watched anything from there or later is really judging Ben unfairly. If he brings that level of acting prowess to this role, we have absolutely nothing to worry about. In all seriousness, Ben has never been a terrible actor. He's unfairly judged by the social hiccups he's had along the way, and that has been transposed over his performances instead of his actual talent. It's a shame really. Well, that and he's picked some really crappy roles which didn't help his cause at all.

Ever since he directed Gone Baby Gone his acting has gotten better and better.

One of his best performances is in a little film called Hollywoodland. He played George Reeves and put on like 40 pounds (of fat) for the role and just killed it. I thought he deserved an Oscar nomination for that film. He got a Golden Globe nomination though.

While you're not wrong, I don't know why fans would want to place a ceiling on what could be accomplished with any given character/story. It goes without saying we want it to be good and engaging. And sure, it's "enough". Why not aspire for something great, however?
I don't recall Bale garnering serious award noms for his performance in The Dark Knight films nor do I recall him getting the best reviews of his career.

I don't recall Bale garnering serious award noms for his performance in The Dark Knight films nor do I recall him getting the best reviews of his career.
I never indicated any of those things. The point is a character/story is only as strong as its writer and ideas. Bale is talented as hell, but I don't his direction for the role or the scripts he had were particularly well suited to take full advantage of what he could give.

A blanket statement like "Batman isn't King Lear" as Damon likened it, only applies to what has happened before. Fine. But what about moving forward? Again, why place an upper limit on anything?

I never indicated any of those things. The point is a character/story is only as strong as its writer and ideas. Bale is talented as hell, but I don't his direction for the role or the scripts he had were particularly well suited to take full advantage of what he could give.

A blanket statement like "Batman isn't King Lear" as Damon likened it, only applies to what has happened before. Fine. But what about moving forward? Again, why place an upper limit on anything?

In the words of Jor-el, "Keep testing your limits."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"