BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair... with his style, I could easily see him directing a Batman film that directly follows Nolan's trilogy and it could possibly fit with those films seamlessly. However, it's totally possible that he could incorporate some of the more fantastical elements as well... it's just that, up to this point, his films have all been realistic dramas.

Nolan-style storytelling combined with the more fantastical elements of BTAS/Arkham/Burton would be sublime.

In fact, someone with a lot of time should someday splice together the story/dialogue of TDK with the scenes where Batfleck will be in the Batsuit/fight scenes/other Snyder Bat-visuals. Bale outside the suit, Affleck in the new Batsuit. Somehow mesh it all up so it fits. With all these great fan-trailers, I'm sure it can be done.

I'd pay to see that. :woot:

That's fair... with his style, I could easily see him directing a Batman film that directly follows Nolan's trilogy and it could possibly fit with those films seamlessly. However, it's totally possible that he could incorporate some of the more fantastical elements as well... it's just that, up to this point, his films have all been realistic dramas.
As time goes by I'm not convinced Ben is set to direct himself in this role. While starring in his own movies is not new, a role this substantial would be. Previously he had worked with ensembles, which makes the transitions fairly easy from acting to director.

The greatest asset Ben brings to the table right now is his reputation. Especially now that is has been well established the Batman property is a prestige property, we're not likely to get a run-of-the-mill director to helm the next Bat-flick. Affleck will no doubt have a say on who ultimately gets the reins.

Calling Mr. Fincher...

Nolan-style storytelling combined with the more fantastical elements of BTAS/Arkham/Burton would be sublime.

In fact, someone with a lot of time should someday splice together the story/dialogue of TDK with the scenes where Batfleck will be in the Batsuit/fight scenes/other Snyder Bat-visuals. Bale outside the suit, Affleck in the new Batsuit. Somehow mesh it all up so it fits. With all these great fan-trailers, I'm sure it can be done.

I'd pay to see that. :woot:

Agreed, though I'm a bit wary about going too deep into the Gothic Arkham look. Burton did that pretty well in his first Batman film, but then he went off the deep end in Batman Returns and Gotham looked like this outlandish fantasy land. And it was all downhill from there with Schumachers nauseating neon colored Gotham. On the other hand, one of my complaints about Nolan's batfilms (the last two anyway) is that Gotham looked a little TOO ordinary. I think they struck the right balance in Batman Begins... I hope that the new Gotham is closer to that.

10456047_690563410993047_4387599578781037256_n.jpg
10351738_690563440993044_6435472122566774650_n.jpg
10456053_690563447659710_8661684237321612010_n.jpg
10300076_690563430993045_3217155040297803224_n.jpg
Ben+Affleck+Takes+Seraphina+Shopping+Beverly+ZhcSka-YwBbl.jpg

Ben on California shopping time!! Photos from today.

Agreed, though I'm a bit wary about going too deep into the Gothic Arkham look. Burton did that pretty well in his first Batman film, but then he went off the deep end in Batman Returns and Gotham looked like this outlandish fantasy land. And it was all downhill from there with Schumachers nauseating neon colored Gotham. On the other hand, one of my complaints about Nolan's batfilms (the last two anyway) is that Gotham looked a little TOO ordinary. I think they struck the right balance in Batman Begins... I hope that the new Gotham is closer to that.

If Batman Returns Gotham was wrong, I never want it to be right. :o

YES!! Finally a pic of his back! Not gay or anything but I am in love with his back/waist.
He is so lucky to have that shape.
Oh and thumbs up to IPF shirt

Wait a tec...he's in California again?

probably a break on his filming.

Last edited:
Oh guys, can't you see how incredibly fat, and out of shape Ben is in those pictures?How he's no where near as pumped and cut as he should be and is obviously sucking his gut in to look good in front of his daughter? Bro, prolly don't even lift. You all need a reality check. :o :word:

Lookin real good! :up: He's come a longgg way these past few months. Damn, imagine if Fincher didn't delay him...

Hope that's the hair he's keeping for Bruce. However, from the pics of him at that baseball game a week or so ago, his hair looked dyed darker...I just hope for the salt and pepper look from this image - perfect!

I don't understand the trepidation that was all over the place about Ben's ability to look good for the role. Look at the shape he was in THE TOWN. Think about this for a ONE... FREAKING... SECOND... He was involved with writing the film and he directed, and with all of the time that takes up before production and during he still looked like he put incredible amounts of time in for his workouts.

His face is looking a lot slimmer, which is (to me) the most important change in order for him to look great as Bruce Wayne.

i get the feeling his scenes are later on to give him time to bulk up even more.

Don't forget....this dude is a legit 6'4. Hope he doesn't tower over Cavill.

I don't understand the trepidation that was all over the place about Ben's ability to look good for the role. Look at the shape he was in THE TOWN. Think about this for a ONE... FREAKING... SECOND... He was involved with writing the film and he directed, and with all of the time that takes up before production and during he still looked like he put incredible amounts of time in for his workouts.

Of course you're right - it's just that it was worrisome to some to see Ben the way he was a few months back (even though he wasn't bad even then). His fuller face during the award season really made his head look big comparatively and then his body just didn't look up to Bats standards...but as you said, he's proven in the past that he does what it takes to get into shape for his roles. Non of the fans here should worry about his look for this film. Now, some would argue that his acting is the more crucial point of concern, but I think he's gonna kill it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"