BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cinematic Alfreds are getting younger, just like the cinematic Aunt Mays.

I think The Batman's point was that the two characters don't look as far apart in age as they're usually portrayed. Personally, I think Irons's Alfred only looks about a decade older than Affleck's Bruce (which is fine). Compare them to Caine's Alfred and Bale's Bruce and you'll understand what he means.

I think The Batman's point was that the two characters don't look as far apart in age as they're usually portrayed. Personally, I think Irons's Alfred only looks about a decade older than Affleck's Bruce (which is fine). Compare them to Caine's Alfred and Bale's Bruce and you'll understand what he means.

Thank you. I think people got too hung up on the word "similar", and also assumed I was talking about the actors as they look in real life. Again, it was my mistake for not clarifying.

What you said was what I was getting at. Visually, I don't look at this version of Bruce and Alfred and see the surrogate father and son relationship that's seen in modern portrayals. It looks like Irons' Alfred would be more of an older brother figure.

Ben and Jeremy look so similar in age, that it has me hoping this is a version of Batman where Alfred didn't raise Bruce as a child. I like the version where Alfred was a guy Bruce hired one day.

Which comic storyline is this from?

Which comic storyline is this from?

I think The Batman is talking about how originally Alfred was a guy who shows up to Wayne Manor to become a butler to Bruce Wayne just like his father had been to the Wayne family. He ends up discoving that Bruce and Dick are Batman and Robin and so they take him in as their ally/butler.

This conversation makes me think of that episode of Supergirl where Cat Grant's mother visited her. They looked to be about the same age, lol.

You're not wrong. They looked more like sisters.

I think The Batman is talking about how originally Alfred was a guy who shows up to Wayne Manor to become a butler to Bruce Wayne just like his father had been to the Wayne family. He ends up discoving that Bruce and Dick are Batman and Robin and so they take him in as their ally/butler.
Sounds like a crappy interpretation.

I don't like that idea. Alfred should be there from the start.

Can we just stop for a moment and gush some more about how damn perfect Affleck looks as the character?

Batfleck has both the soft features as Bruce and the strong jawline and lips as Batman. And build. See the full list of expressions and Batman awesomeness so far
Hi98UC7.jpg

2rULFXc.jpg

dDBvEyM.jpg

And seriousness of Wayne
ifU80mn.jpg

x30VCI8.png

And dat smirk
JiUOL39.png

Hostility
DaJXgbg.png

Wonder
TqAz1Lq.png

Fear
aiIwMSO.png

Last edited:
Ben and Jeremy look so similar in age, that it has me hoping this is a version of Batman where Alfred didn't raise Bruce as a child. I like the version where Alfred was a guy Bruce hired one day.
Honestly, that'd be an interesting change-up.

Batfleck has both the soft features as Bruce and the strong jawline and lips as Batman. And build. See the full list of expressions and Batman awesomeness so far
Hi98UC7.jpg

2rULFXc.jpg

dDBvEyM.jpg

And seriousness of Wayne
ifU80mn.jpg

x30VCI8.png

And dat smirk
JiUOL39.png

Hostility
DaJXgbg.png

Wonder
TqAz1Lq.png

Fear
aiIwMSO.png

Nothing against Bale (he was great) but he looks sort of tiny an out of place in that collage.

I don't think it sounds any better or worse than the Alfred we're used to.

Agreed. I think it could be cool to see a Batman film where there's a version of Bruce and Alfred that have to build trust between each other, instead of it being there from the start.

Honestly, that'd be an interesting change-up.

I mean, we have three film versions of Batman where Alfred raised Bruce, assuming that BvS has the Bruce/Alfred dynamic people are used to now. One incarnation veering from that wouldn't hurt, IMO.

Last edited:
In the Silver/Bronze Age, Phillip Wayne was Bruce's guardian, Joe Chill's mom was Bruce's housekeeper.

Interesting. I did not know that about Joe Chill's mom.

Kinda funny, I have been a Batman fan all my life, but I've never really thought about this til I wrote "Uncle Phil". But, my dad's first name is Wayne (When he was younger, he had a lot of physical similarities to Affleck/Bruce Wayne, I used to think of him as Bruce Wayne as a little kid), his brother's name is Phillip, my mom's name is Vicki, my fiance's dad's first name is Gordon, and she has an older sister named Robin (who is currently battling breast cancer). We also both have older sisters named Laura (Lara).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"