Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be clear on it, as you said....it was a "warning"....and it wasn't exactly the "city" you were talking about, but the "citizens".....of which we have several here on this site.

Plus, Hunter isn't one to just shoot off the infraction gun.....which he didn't....hence the "warning".

and it surprised me because I wasn't aware they knew how to use the internet there.....I just thought they drank a lot and made children

:hehe:

It's not about being prim and proper, it's about being civil and respectful. It's not that hard to have incredibly passionate debates and still be civil and respectful.

But civility and respect are very subjective.

I find no offensive in a lot of things that other people do. But am I do be judged on my standards or someone else's view of respect and civility?

I think myself and most of the mods....use a step by step type of infraction....as in.

1. Warn
2. Warn again, and possibly a PM.
3. Maybe even warn again, I usually do.
4. Warning infraction...
5. Maybe even another warning infraction, depending on if "please" was used.....*smiles*
6. Infraction, and possibly a couple more before a probo is given.

The thing is, in this little scenario...it is very evident that the person is "not just having a bad day".....is "not just being sarcastic"......is "not just kidding". They are in fact being rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. We want people to feel free to give their opinions here without being degraded for doing it. THAT is my standard.....and apparently it has been ok'd by the boss, because none of my infractions have been overturned....."well, except when I hit the wrong button....*cough*"....

There is too far.....it may vary from person to person, but there is a line that can be crossed, and when you cross it, and I see it.....I'll infract it. *smiles*.....with a smile.

I see a lot of gifs from sites which also have a lot of adult and gory stuff. When I posted one of these -I admit, without knowing about the rest of the stuff- the gif got instantly deleted and I got an infraction. I used the code provided by the site itself, so by clicking you'd go the site. Ok.

I keep seeing gifs from there in the gif thread, but since they're hosted in image sites, it seems to be ok. But the url is still in the gifs, in the corner -- why one thing is *more* wrong than the other..? I was gonna say double standard but that may be too much..

I think myself and most of the mods....use a step by step type of infraction....as in.

1. Warn
4. Warning infraction...
5. Maybe even another warning infraction, depending on if "please" was used.....*smiles*

The thing is, in this little scenario...it is very evident that the person is "not just having a bad day".....is "not just being sarcastic"......is "not just kidding". They are in fact being rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. We want people to feel free to give their opinions here without being degraded for doing it. THAT is my standard.....and apparently it has been ok'd by the boss, because none of my infractions have been overturned....."well, except when I hit the wrong button....*cough*"....

There is too far.....it may vary from person to person, but there is a line that can be crossed, and when you cross it, and I see it.....I'll infract it. *smiles*.....with a smile.

You and Marx were being pretty condescending to me in the legalize cannabis thread earlier to be fair.

Ohh nothing surprises me when it comes to something Ace says

But with a wink on the end it's alright?

But civility and respect are very subjective.

I find no offensive in a lot of things that other people do. But am I do be judged on my standards or someone else's view of respect and civility?

It's like this, if you are with a group of friends at your place and you have a debate that dissolves into cussing out and insulting each other then so be it, but if you do the same thing in a restaurant with other people you'd be thrown out b/c it's not acceptable in a social setting, same applies here, if you want to have those kinds of debates there is IMDB.

You and Marx were being pretty condescending to me in the legalize cannabis thread earlier to be fair.

Well, Ace....honestly, the mature thing to do would have been....PM me, let me know how you feel.....and at that point, as I have done before. I would go back to the thread and either edit my post, edit and apologize....whichever is needed.

Also, I am truly never surprised at things you say.......you are a flamboyant figure on this site......you have worked hard for that description it seems........

But, back to your first point. My apologies for my agreement of what Marx said.....

Like Kel, I would have preferred you contact me in PMs about this, but you brought it up in open forums...so I'll respond.

I do not believe that there was any condescension in that debate man. I am really not surprised by any comment that you make. That's not an insult or sarcasm, I am genuinely not surprised by your comments.

1. Warn
4. Warning infraction...

Hahahahahaha... I remember that.

It's like this, if you are with a group of friends at your place and you have a debate that dissolves into cussing out and insulting each other then so be it, but if you do the same thing in a restaurant with other people you'd be thrown out b/c it's not acceptable in a social setting, same applies here, if you want to have those kinds of debates there is IMDB.

Again, that's all fine and dandy and I respect a restaurant's right to ask someone to leave. But I here I have the ability to not be distracted or annoyed by bothersome people because of the ignore button.

I guess I'm really just asking for people on the hype to not complain about other people so much.

Bullsmurf! I've been to countless restaurants where people are cussing up a storm and no one says or does anything.

Bullsmurf! I've been to countless restaurants where people are cussing up a storm and no one says or does anything.

I dont think Hunter was referring to Jack in the Box... :o

But there is the one guy that talks to his date... "I'm going to say something... yeah... I'm gonna say something." Gets up. Then sits back down.

But there is the one guy that talks to his date... "I'm going to say something... yeah... I'm gonna say something." Gets up. Then sits back down.

George Costanza is not one of those people.

Can I please have permission to start a "This Hypester Should Be Banned" thread?

Can I please have permission to start a "This Hypester Should Be Banned" thread?

Permission granted Ensign.

Engage!

picardengage02.jpg

I thought about posting a "Post here to be banned" thread, like SA, but then there'd be a zillion people who would post, and then ***** because they were banned.

I thought about posting a "Post here to be banned" thread, like SA, but then there'd be a zillion people who would post, and then ***** because they were banned.

Best part of that is that most of the posts would be "Are you serious?" and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"