EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

But seriously, the West Coast is just where he works on Marvel movies. So it's pretty much confirmed that there's an unannounced Marvel movie in the works that will be revealed in the next few months.

2. Spider-Kurt!

Spider-Kurt! Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been suggested here already but I bet if not for the events in the Avengers, Priest's Everett Ross character would have been somewhat been reworked as Coulson.

3. roach

roach I am the night

to be fair it could be a TV show, comic or video game

4. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I was under the impression the project was Ant-Man, which had a release date announced right after he made these comments.

5. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

That would nullify the entire point of saying "hint." Throughout the interview he was talking about the fact that he works on different projects on different coasts and that the movies are done on the west coast, and then he ends it with "hint, I have to travel to the west coast to work on it." It's logical to assume he's talking about a movie.

It's not Ant-Man. He said that the project was unannounced and has only had rumors and leaks up to this point, Ant-Man had its own Comic-Con panel with the director there talking about the movie and even its own test footage. Besides, he said they would talk about it in the coming months.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  6. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I don't think his hint is for any movie coming out soon, and honestly, I don't see Joey Q getting out of bed for BP, really. I could be wrong.

7. DrCosmic

Every once in a while, I think about a Black Panther movie and sigh. #Thatisall

8. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

I think that Joey Q. is a big Black Panther fan. He's stated in the past that he's one of his favorite characters, and looking at his history it makes sense. Out of all the characters for Marvel Knights he picked Black Panther to be an ongoing along with Daredevil. Then when Hudlin was the writer Joey Q. was one of the ones that pushed for it to be ongoing and he promoted the hell out of that comic. Where he's failed BP is in certain decisions like taking it off of Marvel Knights after a year, keeping Hudlin on that long, and not integrating his actions into the rest of the Marvel U. better, but he's a Black Panther fan.

9. DrCosmic

Ah, I stand corrected then. Good news to be sure.

10. E-Man

How much power does Joey Q. have for Marvel films? I imagine that he has some kind of voice, but I don't know how big. If he's got some pull then I could definitely see a BP movie eventually happen at some point.

11. Nightwing 52

Nightwing 52 Things change

I remember reading JQ saying BP and Marvel's diversity drew him closer to Marvel comics as a Hispanic kid growing up.

12. Chris Wallace

Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

And yet still no movement has taken place since he took over.

13. Nightwing 52

Yep. -_-

While I do see him being front and center of New Avengers as progress - I'm really hoping he'll get another shot at a solo title. Recently he was put in the "most likely" category of receiving one, so we'll see. He's also going to be in the new Age of Ultron event.

14. DrCosmic

Yeah, i'm not worried about BP in the comics right now. As long as he remains a big fixture in the Avengers like he was back in the day, he'll do fine, a solo is pretty much an eventuality.

But a movie will take another step... he'll need some kind of successful cartoon outing, I think.

15. DarKush

DarKush Well-Known Member

Arguably couldn't you say that he already has had a cartoon outing, being a prominent part of Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes?

Though I don't think he needs a successful cartoon before he can get a live-action movie.

16. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Well back in the day he was there...in the background. Hopefully they will do more than that with him in New Avengers.

17. E-Man

Not only that but the motion comic that they released of Hudlin's first six issues supposedly has sold really well. I remember some people on other forums saying that it sold pretty well, but I can't find anything concrete on it. I hope that people saw how cool he was in EMH, and although I dislike how they're coming on with this new Avengers Assemble crap I hope he eventually shows up well there.

18. DrCosmic

Yeah, clearly he's front and center in New Avengers, at least for the first arc. But just having him integrated with the rest of the MU does a world of good for his exposure, which gets him more fans, more support, more hype and more feats.

I think he does. There's got to be something to prove to the non-creative decision makers 'there's an audience for this character' and nothing proves that more than going platinum. The Black Panther cartoon we have (aside from being utterly awesome), was undermarketed and underproduced. It has a high sale ranking on Amazon compared to other D2D superhero cartoons, but that doesn't say to an executive 'the mainstream will not balk from an afro-centric superhero'

19. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

The EMH exposure did wonders as far as I can tell. A couple of friends, who were into comics but not avid readers never took him (or Hawkeye) serious until they witnessed his badassness in EMH

20. Nightwing 52

21. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

22. Edguy

Edguy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the GA will think of him as a Batman rip-off, especially with the cape.
    He will just be.. Blackman.

(sorry, I had to..)

23. E-Man

That's a sick cover! Makes me really want to read New Avengers.

24. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

I doubt he'd have a cape in a movie, except during a royal function or something.

25. M-2

M-2 Ultimate BAMF

And I think they should add a little gold so that its distinctly different to the all black of Bats!!

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I really do love it, especially if they going with a younger actor to play him
    [​IMG]

Heres another concept that a Fan did...
    [​IMG]

As you can see there's many ways that Panther can be redesigned to look less like Batman...

Although I would love it if Marvel chose the first image design that I posted, as the redesigned Black Panther

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.