• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have something similar to the OG Kirby suits.

I would love to have something similar to the OG Kirby suits.

The suits are a tough sell, no matter how you go about it.

I think the key is to avoid cheese and keep it simple (Singer's all black approach grounded the first X-Men in tone).

Now, were the film set in the 60s, you could get away with alot more (the awesomeness of Fassbender's helmet at the end of FIRST CLASS).

The only projects Trank has been confirmed to have signed up on are Shadow of the Colossus and Red Star. His involvement with F4 at this time is about as sound as that with Venom. The Collider interview keeps being brought up but Rothman doesn't really confirm anything, and this interview from the same day is even more evasive and noncommittal.

Yes Vaughn almost did Last Stand.But vaughn himself said he burned bridges with Fox
when he pulled out.Plus Vaughn publicly critized Last Stand and said he could have made
better film.when Singer had to move over to producer on First Class Vaughn wasn't on anyone list.It took seeing Kick ass by Kinberg to get him the job after talking to Singer.
Kick Ass and Kinberg and Singer got Vaughn First Class and chance to get Into blockbuster terrority.

Some might think X-Men and X2 overrated.I strongly disagree.But,we have to agree to disagree.I think Spider-Man and Sider-Man 2 were overated and I thought that before Spider-Man 3 came out.

again, i'd chalk that up more to the producer (Lauren Schuller Donner) after all... producer's foot the money, and she has a soft spot for both Vaughn (wanting him to do X3) and is really close to Singer. we owe LSD quite alot for her mending things with them between Rothman. I have no clue how she did it actually... Rothman was unreasonable to all three of them (probably the failed movies helped persuade him).

Since back In press for Wolverine she was talking about getting Singer back to X-men
I wouldn't be surprised If she helped get Fox to go to Singer.And she may have helped Singer and Kinberg sell Vaughn to Rothman.

With FF uniforms Inless they decide to do their own shared universe(which Isn't crazy since reportly The hand Is featured In The wolverine) they will probally update them.
The black leather X-Men uniforms were Influenced by The Matrix.

The only projects Trank has been confirmed to have signed up on are Shadow of the Colossus and Red Star. His involvement with F4 at this time is about as sound as that with Venom. The Collider interview keeps being brought up but Rothman doesn't really confirm anything, and this interview from the same day is even more evasive and noncommittal.

You really think Rothman would just lie to the press?

What exactly would that achieve?

You keep hanging on to this notion that Trank ain't doing the film, but its absolutely pointless.

Trank's doing this film over at FOX. Deal with it, man.

If that bothers you just as much as the fact that this reboot won't be part of the MCU yet still work well then just vacate this thread already.

You spewing vitriol won't stop this film from happening.

Would Rothman lie to the press? yes...
What exactly would that achieve? whatever he needed it to achieve...

So what are the chances of this reboot actually being made? I know that at some point there will be a Fantastic 4 movie. But its not Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Batman, etc. These guys are guaranteed movies. How long do we have to wait for the F4?

You keep hanging on to this notion that Trank ain't doing the film, but its absolutely pointless.

If that bothers you just as much as the fact that this reboot won't be part of the MCU yet still work well then just vacate this thread already.

Who ever said anything about lying? I said he was being evasive and noncommittal, which he is.

And I never said anything about Trank for F4 not being possible ever. What I did say was that he wasn't confirmed for the project at the moment, which is a FACT. Someday I might read a headline over at Deadline saying "Josh Trank signed up to direct F4 reboot for 2015 release", or maybe I won't. But that will still be irrelevant as to his position with the project NOW. So you can put away the wasteful self-righteous grandstanding now.

Are you kidding me man, producers lie about films ALL THE TIME! Especially if they're releasing a bad movie. They ALWAYS hype whatever they do and will report any slight thing they can to hype their project. That is in the job description of a producer, and they achieve A LOT by lying.

Who ever said anything about lying? I said he was being evasive and noncommittal, which he is.

And I never said anything about Trank for F4 not being possible ever. What I did say was that he wasn't confirmed for the project at the moment, which is a FACT. Someday I might read a headline over at Deadline saying "Josh Trank signed up to direct F4 reboot for 2015 release", or maybe I won't. But that will still be irrelevant as to his position with the project NOW. So you can put away the wasteful self-righteous grandstanding now.

Another post about nothing.

Are you kidding me man, producers lie about films ALL THE TIME! Especially if they're releasing a bad movie. They ALWAYS hype whatever they do and will report any slight thing they can to hype their project. That is in the job description of a producer, and they achieve A LOT by lying.

Rothman wouldn't achieve anything by lying about Trank's involvement.

If he wanted to hype the film by lying about its director, he'd say Ridley Scott was directing it. Or Peter Jackson.

Not Josh Trank.

So what are the chances of this reboot actually being made? I know that at some point there will be a Fantastic 4 movie. But its not Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Batman, etc. These guys are guaranteed movies. How long do we have to wait for the F4?

3 years.

I don't know that anyone is saying that that in particular was a lie....just simply that we believe Rothman and other producers will lie to get what they need for a film....

Pretty simple....

Also remember at some point they actully have to have a film In production to keep rights.If Sony didn't have Ghost rider SOV before the camers In 2010 they would have lost the rights.The reason the Roger Corman FF went Into production was the company needed a film In production to keep rights.Saying your working on It won't keep It forever.

Id still like an answer as to what directorial style and gifts trank has that people see he can utilize in relation to a Fantastic Four film. I find it quite humorous I've yet to get a straight answer....

I don't know that anyone is saying that that in particular was a lie....just simply that we believe Rothman and other producers will lie to get what they need for a film....

Pretty simple....

Saying Josh Trank is directing your FF reboot won't get millions trying to pre-order tickets to see the film even though it hasn't even gone into production.

Now if you said Peter Jackson was doing it...

Again, Rothman gains nothing by lying about Trank directing.

Quite the scintillating rebuttal. Are you actually going to stop dodging when somebody forces you to back up your BS, or is passing off speculation as fact and possibilities as absolutes your entire schtick?

What are you trying to prove?

You realize the moment Trank comes out & talks about directing the film you will have wasted a dozen posts trying to disprove him as director?

That moment is just around the corner btw.

Id still like an answer as to what directorial style and gifts trank has that people see he can utilize in relation to a Fantastic Four film. I find it quite humorous I've yet to get a straight answer....

Good directors make good movies. No genre is impossible to master.

Somebody quote me on this please so this guy can see it.

Just curious did anyone at least enjoy the FF movies a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"