• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean spideymouse, it's been 9 years since Daredevil and 7 and a half since Elektra with literally NOTHING in actual production.

So these time sensitive deals have been pretty crap IMHO.

I mean spideymouse, it's been 9 years since Daredevil and 7 and a half since Elektra with literally NOTHING in actual production.

It's way looser than what some make it out to be seeing as those at the top of Marvel Studios don't have a bad relationship with Rothman or Avi Arad. With that said Marvel is under the Disney label now and patience runs low with them so that leniency starts running thin.

Especially if they think that they're just sitting on these franchise when they (Disney/Marvel) see themselves as far more capable shepherds for certain franchises that were sold during a time of financial desperation.

Yeah, Arad and Marvel were pretty desperate at the time. But it does take literally 8 years to make a movie sometimes.

But,would Marvel be willing to fasttrack FF.We have chance at 2015 release for FF with Dsney who knows when It would be made.

The Best outcome to me would agreement Is reached.Disney can use FF Cosmic Characters In GOTG.FF remains on track for summer 2015.Fox fiances It and It and Disney split distribution.Fox distributes domesticly.Disney overseas.Disney can make reference to FF In other films and can have cameos by FF In other films If Marvel wants to as long as It doesn't Interfear In FF solo films.

If Fox signs away rights to FF and related characters jsut for expansion of Daredevil rights It doesn't seem good business sense.

Ok I realized I msiread It.Fox may turn over rights to certain characters that can be used for cosmic storys Marvel Is Intrested In doing In exchange for extension of the Daredevil
rights not FF themselves.

I don't know if I like the idea of the F4 not having Galactus and the Silver Surfer.They already can't use Namor or the Inhumans.

Looks like our chances of a good FF movie from Fox are getting less and less. They are already SO limited to who they can and can not use - no Namor, no Inhumans, no Black Panther, no true Frightful Four, etc. - there's not that much left. Now, if they loose Galactus, Surfer, Watcher, and who know who else, all we will get is Doom again and again and again.

Fox needs to just let go of the FF all together and concentrate on their mutants and DD [if they want to keep him].

But,would Marvel be willing to fasttrack FF.We have chance at 2015 release for FF with Dsney who knows when It would be made.

The Best outcome to me would agreement Is reached.Disney can use FF Cosmic Characters In GOTG.FF remains on track for summer 2015.Fox fiances It and It and Disney split distribution.Fox distributes domesticly.Disney overseas.Disney can make reference to FF In other films and can have cameos by FF In other films If Marvel wants to as long as It doesn't Interfear In FF solo films.

If Fox signs away rights to FF and related characters jsut for expansion of Daredevil rights It doesn't seem good business sense.

I still say the BEST outcome is the FF and all their supporting cast going back to Marvel.

That is the best outcome. I think even Fox knows they're at a complete standstill when it comes to the F4 and the cosmic characters tied to them.

FOX basically is screwed...They have to choose either Daredevil or FF. FOX realizes the X-Men are their bread & butter, so this is why this deal is happening.

I say let FOX have Daredevil give us the rights to Silver Surfer, Galactus and maybe a few smaller characters and down the road Fantastic Four will come home.

No offense to Daredevil, but if Marvel got his rights back they wouldn't do anything with him for at least 4-5 years.

If Marvel got all the FF rights how many years till they would do a actual FF film.This deal seems more about using FF cosmic characters In GOTG and Avengers sequel than getting the FF themselves.Marvel has Inabilty to make films based on Non Avengers.

wait so are only some of the FF characters going back to Marvel or most of the FF characters

wait so are only some of the FF characters going back to Marvel or most of the FF characters
Just a few of the cosmic ones. Probably has more to do with GotG and the cosmicverse than F4 themselves.

They are time-sensitive deals--as long as Fox and Sony make movies with the characters licensed to them every certain number of years, they retain the movie rights to those characters. I think it's why the Wolverine spin-off still had the word "X-Men" in its title. Though I wonder if the Daredevil clock started with the release of the Elektra movie (2005) or the Daredevil movie (2003).

the title didn't matter. the only reason XO:Wolverine had the XO title in it was because their was suppose to be XO:Magneto (but that story got merged in with First Class.

sequels/spin-offs all renewed the rights. the title doesn't matter. Fantastic Four would have been renewed with the once supposed Silver Surfer spin-off

If Marvel got all the FF rights how many years till they would do a actual FF film.This deal seems more about using FF cosmic characters In GOTG and Avengers sequel than getting the FF themselves.Marvel has Inabilty to make films based on Non Avengers.

Yep. While it would be cool to see the FF in the MCU, Marvel seems to just want the cosmic forces as they better fit the universe they have created.

lol where are all those posters who kept saying "there won't be any trading or deals or buying these characters back, they're all gone for good!"

I knew MS would start eying some of these characters eventually.

Don't forget now we can do a DEFENDERS film if this happens!!!

**** or get off the pot, is what Marvel is saying.

I really don't see Fox trading a few characters from FF for more time to work on DD, which isn't worth keeping when they already have FF and X-Men. But, if the powers at be at Fox are the numpties I think they are, then they'll take the deal.

lol where are all those posters who kept saying "there won't be any trading or deals or buying these characters back, they're all gone for good!"

I knew MS would start eying some of these characters eventually.

i think MS and FX have been both using strategery the whole time... I really wouldn't be shocked if all this F4 news was nothing but a ploy for them to get marvel to finally lay out a rebuttal. I think Fox cares more about DD than they do in F4 right now.. especially with F4 being so restricted, (and both attempts failed) and Daredevil could now potentially fill the gap left by Batman as a street hero drama.

think they will do it i think DD is closer to production than F4 anyways they have a script and now are closing in on a director

I doubt MS would put them selves out there if they weren't sure FOX is running out of time and isn't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"