Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt MS would put them selves out there if they weren't sure FOX is running out of time and isn't ready.

I like this deal. FOX wants an extension on Daredevil they give up Galactus, Silver Surfer and a few characters. FF doesn't look like it's ready to move either, so if FOX wants an extension for that.....Could we see Deadpool, X-Force or a bunch of mutants given up.

I don't care if it takes a while I want Marvel to get the rights back to all it's characters. This deal could be the start.

Yeah the article is pretty clear on the Daredevil rights: Fox loses them if the film's not in production by October 10. It's almost impossible to get a big movie off the ground in 2 months, and certainly wouldn't lead to a good film. So Fox wants more time, and Marvel wants Galactus/Surfer (and probably Annihilus)

The entire Daredevil universe is obviously worth more than the Fantastic Four Galactus arc. There are other F4 stories you can tell without big G. You can't tell other DD stories if you lose the entire franchise :oldrazz:

Could we see Deadpool, X-Force or a bunch of mutants given up.

Wow, that'd be terrible. The mutant universe only works as one big whole. Having a handful of characters wouldn't work at all, especially if they're not allowed to be mutants, and splitting characters between both studios would just lead to two crappy X-Universe franchises instead of one good X franchise. Thankfully Fox is never going to give up any X-Men, least of all for Daredevil of all people.

Have no interest in mutants being in the MCU except for SW.

Wow, that'd be terrible. The mutant universe only works as one big whole. Having a handful of characters wouldn't work at all, especially if they're not allowed to be mutants, and splitting characters between both studios would just lead to two crappy X-Universe franchises instead of one good X franchise. Thankfully Fox is never going to give up any X-Men, least of all for Daredevil of all people.

Getting the rights back isn't about using them it's about FOX not being able to use them.

Let's say FOX lost the rights to Deadpool, Apocalypse, and let's say 30 other mutants that shorten the chances of bad X-Men spin offs.

I don't see Marvel launching it's own X-Universe, but like I said with the FF rights if you take some of the top character rights away where could FOX go?
Besides Dr. Doom where can the FF go?

Even SW can stay at Fox. It kinda sucks but if she can't be Magneto's daughter in the MCU then she's better off not being part of it.

Keep X-Men in its corner, and keep Spidey in his corner. The cosmic stuff and maybe eventually the F4 themselves are the important/relevant stuff

Even SW can stay at Fox. It kinda sucks but if she can't be Magneto's daughter in the MCU then she's better off not being part of it.

Keep X-Men in its corner, and keep Spidey in his corner. The cosmic stuff are the important/relevant stuff

This is exactly what I think (and apparently Marvel too). They are going space epic big and they need all their greatest weapons at the ready. The time to strike is right now. Brilliant offer by Marvel.

Keep X-Men in its corner, and keep Spidey in his corner. The cosmic stuff and maybe eventually the F4 themselves are the important/relevant stuff

Eh... Wanda and pietro Went a few decades with not being magnetos children.... Its not integral. But it does add a little more characterization, but it would also be too much for any movie. and wanda has far more ties to the avengers than xmen

I grew up with Wanda straight up being an integral Avengers member with no ties to the X-Men.

Actully marvel could use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch they just can't have them as Mutants or mention their connection to Magneto.Right now Fox owns rights to Super Skrull but Marvel In theory could use Skrulls.These deal could free up completly the rights to use Skrulls In future Avengers sequels.

If Marvel Studios succeeds here and regains the rights to Galactus/Silver Surfer...I will do 5 back flips!

Scarlet Witch doesn't need to be Magneto's daughter. Fox didn't even make Juggernaut Prof X's half brother and they had them both in the same film.

This is exactly what I think (and apparently Marvel too). They are going space epic big and they need all their greatest weapons at the ready. The time to strike is right now. Brilliant offer by Marvel.

But it does limit what you can do with the FF themselves, being cosmic explorers is a big part of the FF, so giving away most of the cosmic characters, limits that angle for the characters. Wouldn't make more sense to make Fox choose between the FF and DD franchises, they can keep one, but not the other? Giving away a whole franchise, for some characters from another franchise doesn't that great to me.

Getting the rights back isn't about using them it's about FOX not being able to use them.

Let's say FOX lost the rights to Deadpool, Apocalypse, and let's say 30 other mutants that shorten the chances of bad X-Men spin offs.

I don't see Marvel launching it's own X-Universe, but like I said with the FF rights if you take some of the top character rights away where could FOX go?
Besides Dr. Doom where can the FF go?

It'd also limit the odds of good X-Men movies. What would be the point? Both studios are in the business of making money. Why would they come to a deal so that neither of them can make money?

Personally I think Fox should work out some deal to get everything they're still missing from the X-Universe lock, stock, and barrel and just focus on that and forget FF and Daredevil. They should be thinking more X-Men prequels, X-Men 4 & 5, X-Factor, X-Force, and maybe even concurrent modern day X-Men movies (which they could title Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, with Cyclops leading one team and Storm leading another). The X-Universe is plenty big enough to sustain an entire universe, so focus on that, and to hell with the FF and Daredevil.

As for Scarlet Witch, she should be in the X-Universe. All she's ever done as an Avenger was marry a walking vibrator and play the catalyst in the crappy Avengers Disassembled, which'll never be seen on screen anyway. I'd prefer to see that family relation playing out. Not to mention that, while Quicksilver also has a long association with the Avengers, he's also had a long association with the Mutant universe, too, including membership in X-Factor and his actions after M-Day. Their being mutants is an important element of their characters, and it'd suck to see that eliminated by having them in the MCU. Ship them and Cable off to Fox and trade them for the rest of the FF rights.

Scarlet Witch doesn't need to be Magneto's daughter. Fox didn't even make Juggernaut Prof X's half brother and they had them both in the same film.

Maybe they were brothers but just weren't talking to each other due to a long feud. :hehe:

Mutants and X-Men rights aren't in play here guys.

This is about Fantastic Four use of characters in exchange for more time for Daredevil.

Fox has been waffling on both these franchises for years and no longer deserve to hold either IMHO.

I know mutants aren't in the deal just was making a point.

I just hope characters like The Watcher, Annihulus, Ronan & Super Skrull are in this rumored deal.

Mutants and X-Men rights aren't in play here guys.

This is about Fantastic Four use of characters in exchange for more time for Daredevil.

Fox has been waffling on both these franchises for years and no longer deserve to hold either IMHO.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying that Marvel still (inexplicably) owns the rights to some mutants, like Cable, while having a weird deal where they could potentially still use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and who knows who else they might have. It might be a good idea to offer them up as a trade for more of the FF Universe.

Well Variety didn't get specific, almost made it seem like Fox would still have the license but they were allowing MARVEL to simply use the characters if they get Daredevil extension.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying that Marvel still (inexplicably) owns the rights to some mutants, like Cable, while having a weird deal where they could potentially still use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and who knows who else they might have. It might be a good idea to offer them up as a trade for more of the FF Universe.
Haha does Marvel really have the Cable rights? That's so random and weird

Marvel should offer Cable for Silver Surfer, straight-up trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi