Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really hope that the new film won't be a origin story!! I hope the film picks up at a point where the FF are well established, and Franklin and Valeria are already born.

I'd rather they tell the origin in flashbacks as the movie progresses. Like how each of them discovered their powers.

I'm saying Guy Pierce
images
images

I'd rather they tell the origin in flashbacks as the movie progresses. Like how each of them discovered their powers.

Same. Their origin is fairly simple... go into space, and now they have powers. They can start the movie off with the team already being developed, as well as the Baxter building with the giant 4 at the top. Then they can move on with the story, possibly about Dr. Doom or whatever. I'd really like to see Galactus and Silver Surfer again, but then it would be called the same movie as FF:ROTSS.

I think Fox needs to make a solo Silver Surfer/Galactus film, and maybe connect that with the Fantastic Four.

They were talking about making their own cinematic universe, which I think could work, but only with Silver Surfer and Fantastic Four crossing over. X-Men should be its own thing, and same goes for Deadpool. Perhaps Wolverine could appear, but IDK.

nothing wrong with pointing out someone physical attractiveness, regardless of orientation. but its a really really crappy way of casting a Marvel movie, or any movie.

Reed, just like every other marvel character, does not need to be cast based on the generic hunkiness of the comic character. thats just stupid, and not an important criteria for casting.

Ed Norton is no ones idea of a matinee idol. RDJ, sans the goatee, looks nothing like the classic Stark from the comics. Chris Evans, a decent looking guy, looks nothing like the Steve Rogers from the comics. Christian Bale looks NOTHING LIKE the square jawed hunky Bruce Wayne from the comics. I can go on btw...

Audition the best actors possible, between 30-45, and go from there. Their resemblace to Kirby's generic faces is IRRELEVANT and wrongheaded. You need talented actors, with interesting and distinctive faces, to pull off these outlandish characters and scenarios. You want actors who add something to these broadly drawn characters, not carbon copies.

And Guy Pearce is a perfectly acceptable candidate for this. As are a number of other talented actors in his range. Its called an adaptation folks. Let the actors create something instead of just reading their lines and looking hot.

The comic book films that do the best are the ones that the majority of Marvel's fandom agree on.

This is simply not true. The comic book films that do the best are the ones that aim to appeal to the GA, with good writing that knows when to cut unnecessary camp. The fandom is basically irrelevant.

This is simply not true. The comic book films that do the best are the ones that aim to appeal to the GA, with good writing that knows when to cut unnecessary camp. The fandom is basically irrelevant.

It is true and not true too. The fans aren't totally irrelevant. Movies that keep the Marvel fandom interested and have good writing, visuals/effects and marketing will make the big money. What the fans seem to like seems to be enjoyed also by the GA as was seen with the MCU movies. Now IMO this March release is soley to keep the rights and nothing else. So all the dreams about it being a big budget blockbuster with A list actors and a All CGI thing are pipe dreams at best. When they start fighting over the script and what budget that script will call for is a meltdown waiting to happen. I think Trank wants to make a Good FF movie. But will the Fox budget let him do it??

Hmmm..

Look even though the FF comes out before A2,JL,and SW it'll still suffer. Why because all we'll be talking about are those movies (A2, JL, and SW) that all anyone outside of the fan boards are talking about now. Thats where the GA interest is. FF is going to lose money and thats a fact so, do you really think Fox is going to go all aout to make a good movie? And that is why without Marvel/Disneys direct involvement both story and budget that this film is a failure in the making..

This needs to come out in summer 2016 with all thrusts blazing but they can't do that without holding hands with Marvel..

And before I go

Io9 did a sort of wishlist of sorts for the new movie.

http://io9.com/5968170/8-ways-to-kee...t-from-sucking

They'll, Fox, have trouble with incorporating Namor, Kree, Black Panther and others in the Lee/Kirby era because of their defiance so I don't know If they can keep it from sucking by keeping with the stories of the Lee/Kirby era

It just so happens that Marvel Studios' films please both fans and the GA. Hence their success at the box office.

Last edited:
They'll, Fox, have trouble with incorporating Namor, Kree, Black Panther and others in the Lee/Kirby era because of their defiance so I don't know If they can keep it from sucking by keeping with the stories of the Lee/Kirby era

It is interesting to think how much of the first 100 issues Fox can not use in making an FF movie.
Namor and the Panther are off limits - and I assume the Inhumans/Kree/Him story lines are as well. This removes about 1/5 of those issues, and some of the best story arcs.
While I do want to see Doom done right, I do not want him back in the first movie, so that removes another large number of issues.
There are some excellent Frightful Four arcs, but if Medusa and Sandman are out of the picture, are they worth it?

It will be interesting to see what they draw from...

It is interesting to think how much of the first 100 issues Fox can not use in making an FF movie.
Namor and the Panther are off limits - and I assume the Inhumans/Kree/Him story lines are as well. This removes about 1/5 of those issues, and some of the best story arcs.
While I do want to see Doom done right, I do not want him back in the first movie, so that removes another large number of issues.
There are some excellent Frightful Four arcs, but if Medusa and Sandman are out of the picture, are they worth it?

It will be interesting to see what they draw from...

Why should the movie be a copy and paste of the first 100 issues? Isn't there interesting stuff from other FF runs that could be used? Also movies are different from comics, so it would have been impossible to have a movie be exactly like the first 100 issues of FF. An movie adaption of a comic book should adapt the spirit of the comic, rather then trying to adapt it to the letter.

Like I have said before, many members of the Frightful Four would need a major revamp before being ready to be the main villains of a movie. Wizard is pretty lame, his original motive for being a super villain was that he was bored, that doesn't make for a villain that is sympathetic or scary or anything beyond laughable. Sure that story with Wizard using a mind control device on the Thing was fun, if when the FF confronts him and he admits that his motive for attacking them was simple boredom, that would render him rather uninteresting to audience. Now he did have that mental breakdown recently in the comics, but the writer didn't explain why Wizard had a mental breakdown and so its hard to adapt it as a motive in a movie.

Also Trapster has always been a lame villain as well. He has no motive, he could have used his paste to make a fortune legally, but he decided to rob banks instead for reasons that were never disclosed. Plus Trapster trying to attack the FF with a glue gun would be laughable, he is not a believable threat. It seems like he should be the comic relief villain who is dispatched within the first 5 minutes of the film. Trapster seems like if he brought his A game, he might be a competent street level villain, but he is not FF level threat when the FF fights Doom and Annihilus on a regular basis.

So yeah, if they do the Frightful Four, those guys need better motives and a more interesting overall plot to carry a movie, brainwashing Thing is an interesting plot point, but it doesn't make the Frightful Four interesting in of themselves.

Jon Hamm,Katherine Heigl/Elizabeth Banks,Dave Franco, and Matt Damon.

VS

Mads Mikkelsen(Dr.Doom)

Also James Earl Jones as Galactus and Benedict Cumberbatch as Silver Surfer.

Jon Hamm,Katherine Heigl/Elizabeth Banks,Dave Franco, and Matt Damon.

VS

Mads Mikkelsen(Dr.Doom)

Also James Earl Jones as Galactus and Benedict Cumberbatch as Silver Surfer.
Who's playing Reed and who's playing Ben?

Yeah, I'm seeing you post..."words" but it's not enough to sway or deter my opinion in the slightest. Besides these studios/producers/directors/actors wouldn't go out of their way to attend conventions and post interviews on forums like these if "we" where irrelevant.

The films with good writing and knows when to cut unnecessary camp are the films that we all generally agree on which tend to do well in theaters.

Last edited:
i would PREFER the reverse. Hamm is a decent actor but he looks like a generic comic book hero physically. Its easy to plug him into a lot of roles, but not very inspired.

Matt Damon is a fantastic actor who lends credibility to whatever movie he's in, but I doubt he'd be interested. An actor like Damon, you FIND a role for him if he's available.

Last edited:
Damon's the worst suggestion I've seen in here.

I dig Hamm as Reed or Thing, still love Banks and Franco as Sue and Johnny. I do rather like Mikkelson as Dr. Doom.

I just don't believe in typecasting, especially when we are talking about very broadly drawn characters like cb superheroes. I love the idea of a serious actor, whether they look the part or not, taking a character in a new direction.

There is no PERFECT Reed Richards out there. Damon may not be the best choice, but he could easily create a compelling RR in a movie. Why not?

Because he's overrated and isn't a good choice for any comic role honestly.

There's some actors who just shouldn't attempt comic movies; he's one of them.

I actually like Guy Pearce as Mr. Fantastic! If not Guy, then Lee Pace.

Lee Pace has really grown on me. Id love to see him as Reed.

I wouldn't mind if the FF had white suits for the reboot. It looks more "sciency" to me. Plus, white isn't really a color we've seen on a superhero in a movie. None that I can recall, at least.

fantastic_four.jpg

ff_1_acunavariant_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"