Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

The Smallville covers are because of legal issues (it's very possible Welling doesn't want his likeness used). The artist has just given him a general Superman face. It's still a Welling likeness for interiors though.

2. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

So covers aren't Welling likeness but the insides are?

If Welling is botherred about that just another thing that p**es me off about him. Don't get me wrong I loved him on Smallville but his unwillingness to put the suit on and been dead against the Superman thing in general annoys me. He's said before he was open to the Superman role but I feel that was just talk. Its a privelege to play Superman and if Welling never wanted anything to do with it he should never have been cast in the first place.

3. FilmNerdJamie

FilmNerdJamie I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

Welling signed away his likeness years ago. They can draw it around whomever they want.

4. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Hmmm so why the different look? Wonder what the decision is unless it wasn't intentional and its just the way the drawings came out?

5. ThePowerCosmic

It's from a 2012 BET Awards promo:

[YT]sGy4UGdt1Z4[/YT]

6. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Brian Miller, writer of Smallville Season 11 and EP of Smallville has said that Welling's likeness (Superman was the topic, but it might be every character who appeared on the show) cannot be used on covers due to legal issues.

7. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

So when do we expect Amell's likeness to be used for GA.

8. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

A tie-in comic starts the day the show does. So, not counting the Comic-Con issue, then probably October 10th. In the main universe? Hopefully soon. Because current Green Arrow sucks.

9. superman2090

superman2090 Well-Known Member

I thought he always had a bad attitude about the part also and it did have an effect on how I viewed the show. He should be thankful that he had the part. It's not like he's done anything else of note or is even in consideration for anything.

10. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Isn't the DCnU GA based on Justin Hartley's likeness?

11. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

You know I like Welling really I do but I totally agree with you. Been Superman is a privelege you don't want it you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

12. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

The suit kind of looks like his. But he isn't drawn like him nor does he have Hartley's shiny velvety womanly lips.

13. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Just started watching Cold Light of Day (I know its meant to be horrrible but I want to see for myself) and I have to say Henry's American accent is really quite good.

14. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Just finished Cold Light Day and it wasn't as bad as people made out. It wasn't good either but I've seen far worse films, acting was pretty poor mostly but heck its that sort of film. Henrys accent was mostly fine throughout and his acting was ok but nothing special. But all in all not as bad as people made out, good action.

15. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

I've yet to see Cold Light of Day, it was tempting seeing it on the shelves of Sainsburys but I resisted my curiosity.

I have just however borrowed my brothers copy of The Tudors season one, specifically to check out Cavill, as I'd only seen him in Immortals. He is good in it, his character exudes confidence, and I can see that confidence transitioning over to MoS. I hope his role grows in the next few series, I need to get my hands on a copy. He does all he can within the role, considering its very much Jonathan Rhys Meyers' show - he's fantastic. The whole cast is, there's not a weak link amongst them.

In fact I'd argue it's the opposite of Cold Light of Day (from what I understand). By which I mean, The Tudor's production and script is obviously A grade stuff - every actor rises to the occasion, brings their A game, and people know their watching a damn good show. Much like TCLoD seems the opposite, the material giving the actors little to go on, so no one can really bring anything special to the table, performance wise. It's this reason most of us aren't getting worried over Cavill and his MoS prospects.

16. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Great post :up:

I wouldn't recommend watching Cold Light of Day to anyone. I know that might seem weird after my above post but some people are acting like its the worst film ever made and its not. Its a poor movie but I have seen far far worse.

17. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

New cool interview with Henry

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  18. Mad Love

Mad Love The Future of Justice

Perfect answer. :]

19. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Totally agree :up:

20. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

As do I! I say that all the time. There's not enough of him from the books in the movies and tv and thats is all the gp know. If they get to see what we read... Totally different ball game!

21. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

This is a good point. I have always felt the Superman man I grew up with and loved in the comics would totally blow over the GA. Unfortunately....that Superman is seldom seen.

22. Compi716

Compi716 The SHH! Jew

You know, there are a number of things that I've seen from MOS that I'm not the biggest fan of...but Goddamn did they nail it with Cavill. Playing the role of Superman is two-fold: on the screen and off the screen. Cavill, just like Reeve and even Routh, is just so awesome and genuine.

23. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

He knows what's on the line, so to speak.

24. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

For me Routh was a wooden lil' prick, who couldn't drum any charisma. The only likability he has was in attempting to act like C. Reeve.

I just hope Cavill is abe to put his stamp on the role and bring Supes to a new generation. That's all I really want.

25. Compi716

Compi716 The SHH! Jew

The problem with Routh was that he embodied Superman more off the screen than on. In interviews and through public work he was everything a Superman actor should be. On screen, well, he was working with a script that wasn't as good as it should have been while simultaneously being slightly pigeonholed with his performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.