Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aint the only one; freaked me out too. Especially when Vera got sucked in and turned into a Cyborg.

And,

about a year or so ago I found out that it freaked out one of my friends also, even moreso.

Somehow I remember distinctively covering my eyes and refusing to watch the Vera/Cyborg scene. I think I was 4 or 5 when they aired the ABC extended version (my first time watching S3), but that scene freaked me out. Glad I'm not the only one. :yay:

It's odd to even talk about that. I'm okay with it?:dry:

I may be reading between the lines, but it sounds like Snyder is simply referring to the assumptions that we make about Superman. Not that they would discuss his V-card. Just what I got from it.

Well, there is that joke about Supes, Wonder-Woman and the Invisible Man. ;)

I may be reading between the lines, but it sounds like Snyder is simply referring to the assumptions that we make about Superman. Not that they would discuss his V-card. Just what I got from it.

Yeah, it seems kind of strange to even bring that up. I guess he was just making a comparison to the whole Superman beard debate. Then again, Nolan trumped the 'Is Bruce Wayne a virgin' debacle with that Talia scene. So I guess they know what the fans are wondering. ;)

Exactly, that cbm article makes it look like they gave a press conference to announce it or something lol, the actual quote from the NY times is this:
What drew Mr. Snyder in as he first read the “Man of Steel” script (while Mr. Nolan and his wife and producing partner, Emma Thomas, waited in his driveway) was a vision of the character that felt both classical and contemporary. On the one hand, Mr. Snyder suggested that for Clark Kent to be fully fleshed out, not every moment in his maturation needed to be depicted.
“We assume that Clark is not a virgin — I do,” he said. " You don’t see that, but that’s the assumption.”

And that was it.

Yeah, I'd assume that an attractive man in his mid to late twenties isn't a virgin.

Exactly, that cbm article makes it look like they gave a press conference to announce it or something lol, the actual quote from the NY times is this:
What drew Mr. Snyder in as he first read the “Man of Steel” script (while Mr. Nolan and his wife and producing partner, Emma Thomas, waited in his driveway) was a vision of the character that felt both classical and contemporary. On the one hand, Mr. Snyder suggested that for Clark Kent to be fully fleshed out, not every moment in his maturation needed to be depicted.
“We assume that Clark is not a virgin — I do,” he said. " You don’t see that, but that’s the assumption.”

And that was it.

Yeah, I'd assume that an attractive man in his mid to late twenties isn't a virgin.

Assume. Yeah right, you and Spidey would see to it :oldrazz:

Assume. Yeah right, you and Spidey would see to it :oldrazz:

Nah, I watched the tudors :cwink:

Andreth!!! You HAVE to see this!! :woot:

imageiknn.jpg
:wow:
I wish I could write like that! where is it from?

as long as Clark isn't portrayed as a womanizing playboy type who beds women but doesn't take responsibility for the consequences.........I'm fine with it.

call me prudish, but I believe one should wait until marriage before having sex.

what I don't like, however, is when guys ( and girls, too ) have sex but don't want to take responsibility afterwards. they just want to have fun.

That is NOT Clark Kent. I can't see him being the type to bed multiple women without having any kind of commitment to them or taking responsibility if one gets pregnant. I'd like to think he was raised better than that.

although, for someone who is unsure of who/what he is, you'd think perhaps Clark would be a little more hesitant to engage in a sexual relationship??

I don't know.......but based on the article, it seems it's not even brought up in the movie, and that's the way it should be, imo.

although it is kind of an odd thing to bring up in an article......lol

Last edited:
Nah, I watched the tudors :cwink:

:wow:
I wish I could write like that! where is it from?

:hehe:

It's an early version of Mathion...I'd completely forgotten about this writing system I'd developed, it runs right-to-left, but I can't translate it anymore :csad:

I always assumed that Nolan's Wayne was a virgin until the 3rd film.

as long as Clark isn't portrayed as a womanizing playboy type who beds women but doesn't take responsibility for the consequences.........I'm fine with it.

call me prudish, but I believe one should wait until marriage before having sex.

what I don't like, however, is when guys ( and girls, too ) have sex but don't want to take responsibility afterwards.

although, for someone who is unsure of who/what he is, you'd think perhaps Clark would be a little more hesitant to engage in a sexual relationship??

I don't know.......but based on the article, it seems it's not even brought up in the movie, and that's the way it should be, imo.
agreed

I always assumed that Nolan's Wayne was a virgin until the 3rd film.

I assumed he wasn't until I listened to Kevin Smith's TDKR review in which he said the significance of the Talia/Bruce love scene was that she took his chi before he went into battle with Bane.

I assumed he wasn't until I listened to Kevin Smith's TDKR review in which he said the significance of the Talia/Bruce love scene was that she took his chi before he went into battle with Bane.
Wouldn't matter if he was a virgin or not. There's a reason why so many athletes don't have sex immediately before a big game. :oldrazz:

And I think we could still have arguments here about Supes physically being able to have sex without potentially killing anyone. :funny: But I think the point of that statement is that he's just a regular guy.

I used to be more invested in deciding whether Nolan's Bruce was a virgin when I was a virgin myself. Now that I'm not (and it really hasn't changed anything about me), I don't really care anymore. :oldrazz:

^ The thing is, "this topic" would inflame people on either side if brought up in the movie. As far as comics though, there's no shortage of the implied stuff.

Wouldn't matter if he was a virgin or not. There's a reason why so many athletes don't have sex immediately before a big game. :oldrazz:

Yeah, but if Bruce isn't a virgin in the scene then it loses some of its symbolic significance.

And I think we could still have arguments here about Supes physically being able to have sex without potentially killing anyone. :funny: But I think the point of that statement is that he's just a regular guy.

I've never understood the whole "Superman can't have sex without killing his partner" argument. He just has to exhibit self-control. Same way a boxer can knock out an opponent but still playfully tap a baby without hurting it.

Still having sex with Superman sounds really dangerous.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if Bruce isn't a virgin in the scene then it loses some of its symbolic significance.
The "symbolism" would have been more obvious had he been more of a Keaton-Wayne loner in BB and TDK instead of a playboy. :oldrazz: Bedding a model every now and then would keep up the charade.

I've never understood the whole "Superman can't have sex without killing his partner" argument. He just has to exhibit self-control. Same way a boxer can knock out an opponent but still playfully tap a baby without hurting it.
Guys don't really have a lot of self-control at the end point of the deed. You do know the stuff that happens down there is completely involuntary, right? :oldrazz:

i am wondering if it is him voice sounds deep even for russel crowe lol

Sounds like Fishburne to me, Zid could asl him where so snd so is hiding, he might glance to one side and then say I won't give them up to which Zid replies you already have.

Guys don't really have a lot of self-control at the end point of the deed. You do know the stuff that happens down there is completely involuntary, right? :oldrazz:

Superman can do things other men can't. That's why he's Superman. :yay:

And that was it.

Maybe Lana Lang will appear in a sequel and it will turn out that she and Clark were an item

Sounds like Fishburne to me, Zid could asl him where so snd so is hiding, he might glance to one side and then say I won't give them up to which Zid replies you already have.

You know what, I think that is Fishburne? Btw who is Zid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"