Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I expect the trailer in 2 months…before Guardians Vol.3 is released

Sounds about right. I kinda expect a trailer barrage with Guardians. Not completely sure what, though.
Indy for sure, most likely The Marvels first trailer too.

Indy for sure, most likely The Marvels first trailer too.
Those seem likely, although with The Marvels being in November, they might go with another summer release from Disney (The Little Mermaid, Elemental, Haunted Mansion.) What I really wonder about are the trailers from other studios.
Paramount: This would seem an idea spot for the next Mission Impossible trailer, though they could just go with Transformers.
Universal: Fast X, and/or Oppenheimer seem likely here.
Sony: I'm kinda blank on thier slate, though Spiderverse seems a good possibility.
Lionsgate: Ditto.
Warner Bros: This is the most obvious. The second Flash trailer.

Those seem likely, although with The Marvels being in November, they might go with another summer release from Disney (The Little Mermaid, Elemental, Haunted Mansion.)
I wouldn't be surprised if we got trailers for all of those with Vol. 3. Disney usually goes all out with trailers for the opening summer movie tentpole. The reason why I think we'll see a trailer for The Marvels is because for the most part there's usually always a trailer for the next MCU movie in front of Marvel movies.

It use to be, but that timeframe has greatly shortened since covid.
Not necessarily. GotG3 got their first one 6 months out. Indiana Jones was 7 months out, Little Mermaid and Avatar got theirs 8 months out. Quantumania’s been the only recent exception that comes to mind for me, and I think that’s just because there wasn’t a Marvel movie in that 6 months sweet spot, so their options were either 8 months with Thor or 4 months with Black Panther, and given the state of their VFX…the choice was clear lol.

After seeing this video, I'm gonna cry more.

swason-ron-swanson.gif

I bet they’re really regretting not including Short Round now.
In their defense, they had no idea that Ke Huy Quan was going to be experiencing a career renaissance. The irony is that as much as this movie has been pushed back, if they had waited a little longer they probably would have made it a point to include Quan in it.

There's also the question of if Short Round would have even fit in the story Mangold had planned for Indys farewell? This film takes place 35 years after Temple of Doom, so that's a lot of time.

There's also the question of if Short Round would have even fit in the story Mangold had planned for Indys farewell? This film takes place 35 years after Temple of Doom, so that's a lot of time.
They’ve referenced almost every other past character. Short Round was basically the second lead in Doom. It makes no sense why we can’t get some sort of acknowledgement of what happened to him.

I never liked Short Round - even as a kid I thought he was annoying. But I‘m totally in for a Data-series…instead of the rumored Goonies meta-sequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"