Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do wanna get someone from the Nolan Universe, get Christian freakin Bale FGS!

Or recast the role!

This JGL business just pisses me!
Haha. Yeah seriously. I would offer Bale anything and everything. Just the thought of Bale/Cavill on screen together....shivers.

You also have to put yourselves in their position. If MOS is a win....wouldn't you want to double it by connecting it to Nolans world?? Instead of relying on 1 film to carry the rest of the characters.

They know jack **** about Batman. For years they thought Batman 89' was the way to go. Then it was campy Batman when Forever caught on commercially. Since 05/08 their minds are all about Nolans gritty style and continuity. To them every other version of Bats is probably rubbish and "wont work". They'll be offering JGL the world. I wouldnt be surprised if they already tried to offer Bale every single thing he can ever ask for.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can honestly say that it wouldn't be worth it, imho, to connect Nolan's world with the JLA one. One of the reasons why Nolan's world worked imho, because it was based on the idea that Batman was the ONLY hero in his world and that it was one without any super powers running about.

The Dark Knight Rises was meant to serve as a conclusion that "world" imho; there's no need to resurrect it and risk potentially tarnishing it as well.

People have been waiting to see Superman and Batman meet for a long time on the big screen, but I think it's only been based on the notion that it'd be Clark Kent/Superman and Bruce Wayne/Batman. I mean, how would people feel if it was Superboy that was meeting Bruce Wayne instead of the original Superman?

People have been waiting to see Superman and Batman meet for a long time on the big screen, but I think it's only been based on the notion that it'd be Clark Kent/Superman and Bruce Wayne/Batman.

:up:

Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent Dammit! :argh:

Anyone remember that rumor back then that Bale was playing Superman in the Batman/Superman movie. I think Josh Hartnett was playing Batman? Funny how things turned out... :funny:

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can honestly say that it wouldn't be worth it, imho, to connect Nolan's world with the JLA one. One of the reasons why Nolan's world worked imho, because it was based on the idea that Batman was the ONLY hero in his world and that it was one without any super powers running about.

The Dark Knight Rises was meant to serve as a conclusion that "world" imho; there's no need to resurrect it and risk potentially tarnishing it as well.

People have been waiting to see Superman and Batman meet for a long time on the big screen, but I think it's only been based on the notion that it'd be Clark Kent/Superman and Bruce Wayne/Batman. I mean, how would people feel if it was Superboy that was meeting Bruce Wayne instead of the original Superman?
It wouldn't be a problem if those other superheroes made their introductions AFTER Bruce's Batman was established and had his time under the cowl.

It wouldn't be a problem if those other superheroes made their introductions AFTER Bruce's Batman was established and had his time under the cowl.

I meant in tone with the world that was created for Nolan's franchise. As much as I enjoyed and loved that world, I don't think it should be forced into a JLA franchise; I mean it'd be like trying to connect either Raimi's Spider-Man or Webb's one into the Marvel Cinematic Universe after all that's been established.

There are other facets of Batman, other versions of his character and world that can still be explored and successful if done properly.

Scenario 1:
-MoS and TDK are separate from the 2015 JL movie which kicks off the new shared universe.

Scenario 2:
-It's all the same universe
-Batman (a more weathered/experienced John Blake) joins the League (and is never shown without the mask, keeping his identity a secret)
-Bale (Bruce Wayne) makes a cameo (or has a role) meeting Clark Kent at one point to satisfy fanboys.

Scenario 3:
-It's all the same universe.
-Bruce Wayne (Bale or a recast) joins the League (but never goes back to Gotham, where Blake operates. Solo movies are with Blake, at least for a couple films)

Either of these are fine by me.

I mean it'd be like trying to connect either Raimi's Spider-Man or Webb's one into the Marvel Cinematic Universe after all that's been established.

I know you're just making a point, but you don't think the Spiderman movies would fit?

They'd just have to take place before the Avengers (alien invasion in New-York), and I wouldn't see the problem.

Last edited:
Scenario 1:
-MoS and TDK are separate from the 2015 JL movie which kicks off the new shared universe.

Scenario 2:
-Batman (a more weathered/experienced John Blake) joins the League (and is never shown without the mask, keeping his identity a secret)
-Bale (Bruce Wayne) makes a cameo (or has a role) meeting Clark Kent at one point to satisfy fanboys.

Scenario 3:
-Bruce Wayne (Bale or a recast) joins the League (but never goes back to Gotham, where Blake operates. Solo movies are with Blake, at least for a couple films)

I know you're just making a point, but you don't think the Spiderman movies would fit?

They'd just have to take place before the Avengers (alien invasion in New-York), and I wouldn't see the problem.

Or Scenario 4... Nolan's Bat films are not part of the new shared DC Universe, which kicks off with MoS this year and continues with JL in 2015.

I'm going with 4.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Or Scenario 4... Nolan's Bat films are not part of the new shared DC Universe, which kicks off with MoS this year and continues with JL in 2015.

I'm going with 4.

I'm good with 4 :up:

What if it is a shared universe and instead of Batman we get JGL as Nightwing?

Man of Steel as the beginning of a shared universe is the way to go.

I'm going with 4.

I just think it might be awkward if/when the 'old' Batman movies end up feeling more in sync with MoS than the new Batman movies.

I mean TDK movies and Mos both share:
-Syncopy
-Produced and Story by Nolan
-Screenplay by Goyer
-Music by Zimmer
-Similar titles
-Similar Feel

I can't see how the new Batman movies will be even closer in feel to MoS unless they have all the above and more which I don't see happening.

This is why I say TDK and MoS are best as a package deal, either both in the Jlverse or neither. Just a personal thing for me.

Who knows though, this is all presentation stuff; feel, tone, etc. The actual content of the new Batman movies might mesh better with MoS than TDK does (maybe the alien stuff in MoS won't feel like it meshes with TDK despite similar tone, and might mesh better with new Batman movies that have more supernatural phenomena)

Last edited:
4 is the perfect scenario for me. :up:

I just think it might be awkward if/when the 'old' Batman movies end up feeling more in sync with MoS than the new Batman movies.

I mean TDK movies and Mos both share:
-Syncopy
-Produced and Story by Nolan
-Screenplay by Goyer
-Music by Zimmer
-Similar titles
-Similar Feel

I can't see how the new Batman movies will be even closer in feel to MoS unless they have all the above and more which I don't see happening.

This is why I say TDK and MoS are best as a package deal, either both in the Jlverse or neither. Just a personal thing for me.

1. The same people that were involved with the creation of "The Dark Knight" Trilogy may be involved with the MOS film; but that doesn't necessarily mean that they could still work within the same universe.

2. Bruce Wayne is retired at the conclusion of Nolan's franchise; with it being stated countless times on how the last film was meant to conclude Bruce's Story. Everyone who's wanted to see Batman and Superman on the SAME big screen together have only ever wanted to see it when it's the ones that they're familiar with; meaning, Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. No matter how much Nolan has done, even his name and franchise alone wouldn't be able to peak as much interest for the audiences to care about seeing Clark Kent meeting John Blake, than the one and only. And bringing Christian's Bruce back would go against everything that the last film was aiming for to begin with.

3. Suppose the JLA films is a failure; would it really have been worth putting a tarnish on Nolan's franchise as well because people couldn't let go of a franchise that was concluded? Plus, MOS may have been designed to fit with whatever they have in mind for a JLA universe, whereas TDKR clearly wasn't.

The only way I'd be down with scenario 4 is if we get the Batman reboot before JL.

MOS, Batman Reboot and then the JL. That way they have their two main leads and introduce whoever else will be part of the team and then they can have solo films for ____ members and continue with the sequel for MOS and the Untitled Batman reboot as well.

That's the perfect or at least close to it scenario for me. Batman/Wayne is too important of a character not to set up in his own film. Throwing in a new Wayne/Batman randomly into the Justice League with literally zero build up or gained attachment from audiences would be a very, very bad move.

The only way I'd be down with scenario 4 is if we get the Batman reboot before JL.

MOS, Batman Reboot and then the JL. That way they have their two main leads and introduce whoever else will be part of the team and then they can have solo films for ____ members and continue with the sequel for MOS and Untitled Batman reboot.

That's the perfect or at least close to it scenario for me.

And for me as well; but if they were to go that route with a serious approach, then the film wouldn't come out until 2019 at the earliest most likely.

I mean, they would need to give the GA some time to cool down after the overall successful conclusion of Nolan's franchise. I'd say wait five years before another Batman film is released, during which time, one more MOS film can be released, before a JLA film is made as well, and that'd give them plenty of time to really make the JLA film into a solid piece of art.

As long as it's not another origin story.

Cool down? Everybody, other than the die hard fans, would've forgotten it in about a month. :woot:

Last edited:

Indeed; if anything, the film should/could start off with Bruce in his early years and we could get a few flashbacks that deal with his past while tying it with his main adversary or problem in the present.

MOS, Batman Reboot and then the JL. That way they have their two main leads and introduce whoever else will be part of the team and then they can have solo films for ____ members and continue with the sequel for MOS and the Untitled Batman reboot as well.

That's the perfect or at least close to it scenario for me. Batman/Wayne is too important of a character not to set up in his own film. Throwing in a new Wayne/Batman randomly into the Justice League with literally zero build up or gained attachment from audiences would be a very, very bad move.

I would say Batman is the one character where we don't need set up (though I also don't think any of them do). We just saw three movies of him.

The differences between the franchises (being more of a master detective for instance) doesn't need an entire movie to explain.
People loved Ruffalo's Banner for instance in Avengers, despite having no introductory movie.

Financially, it's a different story, as of course build up films would help. But that's DC's problem, not mine ;)

Last edited:
And for me as well; but if they were to go that route with a serious approach, then the film wouldn't come out until 2019 at the earliest most likely.

I mean, they would need to give the GA some time to cool down after the overall successful conclusion of Nolan's franchise. I'd say wait five years before another Batman film is released, during which time, one more MOS film can be released, before a JLA film is made as well, and that'd give them plenty of time to really make the JLA film into a solid piece of art.
We are literally riding on the exact same wavelength. :highfive:

Oh absolutely. I'm desperately hoping we jump right into a 2 year (an estimate) seasoned Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"