Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len Wiseman - Batman
Finally ! someone else who sees Len Wiseman's talent. This guy is a solid director, he is so good at filming genuine 80s action scenes, people bash him because of the Remakes and the Reboots. If he was given more original work to do he would shine. For Batman, yeah i really want to see that.

Len Wiseman??? Horrible. Hate his style and can't stand any of his movies.

I say Rian Johnson or Alfonso Cuaron, but if they could surprise us with somebody who wants to do fantasy really well, id be happy.

Joseph Kosinski will definitely be on WB radar for something like Green Lantern. Neill Blomkamp is another director that could end up doing either Flash or GL. Del Toro is another good choice but maybe he would be interested in Batman along with Rian Johnson, Darren Aronofsky, Alfonso Cuaron.

Peter Jackson needs to stay the hell away from this universe lol. Please. Especially WW.

Brad Bird will probably be on their list for possible Aquaman or Wonder Woman directors. The Wachowski's for Flash.

Snyder - MOS & JL
Del Toro - Dark Universe
Goyer - Batman
Don't think Goyer should touch anything as a director. Especially Batman.

Why the hate for Peter Jackson? I'm not sure he's ideal for this either, but I still love the guy. LOTR is my favorite film trilogy of all time.

Honestly, they'd be lucky to have someone of his talent helming one of these films. He's certainly proven himself more than Kosinski, Johnson or even Cuaran. And while I absolutely LOVE Blomkamp, he's still only made one movie that we've seen.

I agree that Jackson would be incredible for something like WW. Give him something with vast scope, he's shown his ability.

Absolutely. But he's also capable of doing smaller, darker films too. Have you ever seen Heavenly Creatures? That movie is creepy as hell and the effects are amazing, even though it had a low budget.

The guy also has an eye for talent. You could probably credit him for discovering the incomparable Kate Winslet and the adorable Melanie Lyndskey (both of which played f**king psychos in that movie).

A Wonder Woman movie is a tricky project where the director has to make a good mythological back-story with action and then introduce the character into a modern day real world along with magically super powered villains who would not look out of place in the DC universe already in place.

I think they should wait for Morrsions Wonderwoman earth one-It sounds like it might have finally modernised WW in a way that is true to her roots.

When WW is done right it is a modern day spy/war thriller with mythic fantsy elements

Reading up on the concept behind the new "Arkham Origins". I think WB should do a similar thing with the first Batman movie of the reboot. Of course this would be a year or two after he's introduced in Justice League.

That suit, that noir feel and look with Gotham. He's supposedly in "year two" as the Batman. Black Mask, Penguin and Deathstroke are the villains and I think Joker may have an appearance.

Unlike the game, I wouldn't make Jim Gordon younger as a captain (as ive read), I would definitely cast Bryan Cranston in the role as the Commissioner. I would also set it right after his first meeting with Joker, so a little cameo or references could be made in the film, unlike the game which I think may be showing their first encounter.

They could drop Deathstroke if they want, I just love the concept of starting off with Penguin and Black Mask. Black Mask has put a bounty on Batman's head and there's a reason behind that, im sure there's that connection to both their childhoods. On film this plays into what I wanted in the reboot which is a Batman 89/Batman Forever approach to having short flashbacks of Bruce's childhood. It could be through Bruce's mind like we saw with Val Kilmer or for something fresh, why not make it through Roman Sionis' POV??

But when I say flashbacks I really mean up to a minute or two at the most. This shouldn't be an origin.

It also is set in the winter, on Christmas Eve. I wouldn't mind a summer film for starters but now that I think about it, the first time we see Batman in JL will probably be a summer setting, with some of the plot in space maybe? So the first Batman solo is really #2. A winter vibe could be cool, if it's really harsh and gothic, but of course not stylized like Batman Returns..hell no. Just how it will be in the Arkham: Origins.

It could lead into a loose adaptation of Arkham Asylum for the sequel. It doesn't have to follow the exact story or have all the same rogues, it could be adjusted to fit whatever the director/writer want in their version. But something close to the essence of it. Riddler/Strange/Joker/Harley...

That's how I would set up the new Batman in the shared universe, if that's the route WB are taking.

They also had to wait till Routh's contract ended with WB.

Doesn't matter since Routh's contract ended July of 2009 at the latest which Routh himself confirmed while promoting Scott Pilgrim, it probably ended long before that but he confirmed it then.

MOS took three years to make. It was ready for that December 2012 release but only got delayed because of The Hobbit.

it took 3 years to cast, get costumes and sets made, location scouting and principal photography.

However the script wasn't completed until early 2010 and was started around late 2008, Confirmed by David S. Goyer who said he started working on it while thinking up what he and Nolan could do after The Dark Knight.

Also Hans Zimmer hadn't finished the score till early this year, so it would be pretty difficult to release the film in December 2012 without music for it and a 3D conversion does NOT delay that.

MOS will not under perform. Its going to shut up everyone that is giving these lowball predictions.

In fact its is Yahoo movie users #1 most anticipated movie of the summer by a wide margin. Superman is just so much more interesting with his alien origins than some rich guy that flys around in armor.

I never said it would out right under perform, I said it needs to reach a certain number before the studio green lights a sequel, and 500 mill domestic is not a lowball prediction.

Oh yes Yahoo movies who for the better part of 2 years has done nothing but bash the movie to no end....yeah like I really give a damn what they say now that their jumping on the band wagon that we have been supporting since the movie rumors started lol

A Wonder Woman movie is a tricky project where the director has to make a good mythological back-story with action and then introduce the character into a modern day real world along with magically super powered villains who would not look out of place in the DC universe already in place.

They found a way with Thor.

Actually, the writers confirmed the reason Superman Returns never got a sequel because Singer left to direct Valkyrie, then the writers left the project. Then WB decided a reboot was becoming inevitable, and they started taking pitches and when Routh's contract was up they went full reboot.

I don't believe that is a justifiable reason to reboot. There are lots of film franchises (Superman included) that have changed writers and haven't done that. The real reason why they decided to reboot was that they wanted to go with a darker tone and a better actor in the lead role that would give the franchise a better chance of success at the box office.

Wonder Woman is going to be a bit tricky to do. Even a lot of comic writers and fans are unsure of what her character should be. She's probably had more reinventions in the comics than any of the main JL members had.

Alan Taylor would've been good for Wonder Woman. He wouldn't be a stranger to strong female characters in a realistic fantasy setting. Too bad Marvel snagged him first.

I want this directors list-
Green Lantern Corps- the Wachowskis

Flash-Pete Travis

WW- Tarsem Singh- I know this choice has its detractors but I still think with a good script he can make an excellent WW movie.

JL- Snyder

Goyer can't direct for ****.

Snyder=Superman
Snyder=Justice League
Del Toro=Justice League Dark
Wachowski Siblings=Flash
Kathryn Bigelow=Wonder Woman
Joseph Kosinski=Green Lantern
Darren Aronofsky=Batman

Do it WB's

I think -

*If MOS is successful, then I think that we will get a JL movie and MOS 2 soon.

* If MOS earns less than 600 mil, then we will get JL movie and a Batman reboot but no MOS 2. (IF JL is successful then maybe MOS 2)

* IF MOS makes less than adjusted SR numbers, then no JL, no MOS 2, no other DC movies except a Batman reboot.

WB has got to be looking at IM3 numbers and wish they had actually put some effort into building a shared universe 5 years ago.

Top Directors they should be looking at for all the solo projects. Going by what seems to be recurring suggestions on here..

The Wachowskis
Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aronofsky
Alfonso Cuaron
Rian Johnson
Brad Bird
Neill Blomkamp
Joseph Kosinski
Duncan Jones
Kathryn Bigelow
Nicolas Winding Refn

Batman? Aronofsky, Johnson, Cuaron, Refn (would only happen if Gosling was Batman or Cranston was Gordon. Or both)
Flash? Wachowskis, Kosinski, Jones.
Wonder Woman? Bird, Bigelow, Johnson.
Green Lantern? Del Toro, Blomkamp, Kosinski, Jones, Wachowskis.

WB has got to be looking at IM3 numbers and wish they had actually put some effort into building a shared universe 5 years ago.
They should be looking at how ridiculous that movie is and thanking God they're taking their time.

Quality over quantity.

IM3 is only successful because of the sensation from the previous films and the fact that RDJ is the headliner. The film, though, had several plot holes. Going forward, I would look to the Iron Man franchise as an exercise in using an A-List actor to cover up for the flaws you place in you film.

That would be like Olive Garden wishing they could make a better hamburger than McDonalds.

What they did to Mandarin and the whole concept behind that movie is proof that Marvel are more interested in throwing out as many movies as they can, just to make their money. They don't give a damn about anything else. Not all the time mind you.

I feel like the first Iron Man was the only movie that was made with some thought behind it. Thor was entertaining but just like TIH/Iron Man 2/Cap it was just made for the team-up connections, to make the cash. These weren't scripts that were in development forever, they were rushed out there just for the sake of the grand spectacle of Avengers, not for the individual characters. I think there needs to be some balance, which I think WB will be doing.

Thor 2 seems like somebody actually cares about getting the mythology right, hiring people who know what quality is...whether it's going to be as fun as the first one or not. Maybe the sequel to Cap will be good too, I don't know..but this Iron Man sequel business? It's very obvious what's happening. Feige is good at what he does, but it's all money. That's why I want Snyder/Goyer or Bruce Timm in charge of the DCU.

sure they are. it's not like batman made a billion dollars (twice) or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"