Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. ;) Outside of the Superman and Wonder Woman setups, I really want to see another Green Lantern (sequel or reboot). I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential there with all of the elements that it opens up with the Justice League.

I really hope WB does the Flash soon. He's always been one of my favorite superheroes and I think he has so much potential. He could be the next Iron Man IMO. Basically the next superhero that people know but don't really care about that gets his big movie and makes it big with the GA.

Never been a big GL so his film being a complete screwup never bothered me too much. However, if WB dares to screw up the Flash...:argh:.

Yeah, I would have to agree. I honestly don't care if I ever see another Green Lantern movie or Aquaman for that matter. But Flash and Wonder Woman can be REALLY well done.

I prefer a good origin for WW, providing the cast, writer and director are talents that I have confidence in. But with the tv show probably happening, it's not looking like we'll get that WW film before JLA.

So I should probably be cheering on a Flash/Barry Allen movie more than anything else.

I don't even care if GL gets shafted a bit in JL.

I really hope WB does the Flash soon. He's always been one of my favorite superheroes and I think he has so much potential. He could be the next Iron Man IMO. Basically the next superhero that people know but don't really care about that gets his big movie and makes it big with the GA.

Never been a big GL so his film being a complete screwup never bothered me too much. However, if WB dares to screw up the Flash...:argh:.

I don't know.. Iron Man was kind of a rip off of Batman. Quick Silver was the rip-off of the Flash. I hope that there's no correlation because that's already a mess! (I kid)

Judging by how fast Goyer, Snyder and WB are going on the MOS sequel... it will be out in 2015. The fact that Snyder is heading directly into prep after doing press for MOS says that the sequel and JL are a high priority.

I don't know if MOS will be a big enough success for WB to schedule back-to-back production on MOS2 and JL at the same time. (Like Disney did back in 2004 when they greenlit two POTC sequels after the first one became a sleeper hit.)

Okay, now that Goyer has officially confirmed that the TDK Trilogy and MOS are two totally separate universes here are some lingering thoughts and questions that I have. First how many of you think it's quite possible that the Batman we see teamed with Henry Cavill isn't going to have his own series of solo films, but rather could be a Bruce Wayne/Batman that's exclusive to the MOS universe. Not just him for that matter, but the rest of the DC heroes as well. Could they be crafting this Justice League roster as more of supporting characters in what is essentially just a series of Superman films or a standalone trilogy? The reason I'm pondering this is because how long do you honestly suspect we'll be able to keep Cavill in the role? Do you think that it's going to be a situation were he'll want to move on to pursue other opportunites as an actor ala Christian Bale?

I must have missed something but when did Goyer confirm that they were separate?

He said it on the red carpet. The other guy wasn't as 100% sure saying Chris Nolan doesn't talk about further projects but Goyer said they're different universes. Of course there's a 1% chance he's lying for some kind of reveal like Nolan on Robin and Talia but what's the point?

Maybe after the mediocre MOS reviews they'll need Bale back for JL haha.

I must have missed something but when did Goyer confirm that they were separate?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1708860/man-of-steel-writer-batman-justice-league.jhtml

So despite all my pitching for it to be in the same universe, Goyer says no. Therefore, I'm officially done pitching my heart out for something that isn't going to be. So those of you who were all pro-reboot, congratulations. I just have some things I really wish for in the reboot.

First, I wish for them to cast highly respected actors in the supporting roles (Alfred, Gordon, etc. etc.) ala TDK Trilogy and MOS.

Second, after the awesome job at portraying a Batman origin film with Batman Begins, let's avoid the repetitive origin film and go more in the direction of Batman '89 with him already being active. I welcome flashbacks to the Wayne murders, but perhaps here Bruce should be already 3 or 4 years into his crimefighting career for this universe. I want him to have been at this longer than Superman.

Third, please cast an actor in the Batman role who's older than me! I'm not ready to be older than my lifelong hero dammit. I'm 30 by the way. That said, I don't want them cast an actor older than Bale because then that will just stir up my frustrations of why they don't have him back. So all of you Karl Urban supporters, no thanks.

Last edited:
He said it on the red carpet. The other guy wasn't as 100% sure saying Chris Nolan doesn't talk about further projects but Goyer said they're different universes. Of course there's a 1% chance he's lying for some kind of reveal like Nolan on Robin and Talia but what's the point?

Maybe after the mediocre MOS reviews they'll need Bale back for JL haha.

lol! Wishful thinking, but I'm going to have to officially let this one go I'm afraid. We all are. I guess Jett and the rest of you pro-rebooters were right. Don't gloat too much dammit. I'm accepting defeat here. However, not for too long. I'm still a Batman fan first and foremost. Wish they'd get the reboot film out before a WF/JL though. I don't want the rebooted Batman to be a spin off from something like that. Again, my concern now is how long will they be able to hold on to Cavill before he's ready to pull a Bale/Nolan and move on?

Last edited:
Goyer said that the Christopher Nolan movies, which he co-wrote, do not exist in the same universe as the newest Superman film, which ruled out the much-rumored Gordon-Levitt cameo.
That was supposed to be a joke! I actually wrote it down in my diary and then laughed about it later on!

I hope we start getting more information on this after Man of Steel comes out in theaters, because from what I've read, it seems like WB is only interested in making another Superman trilogy, with Man of Steel, Man of Steel 2, and Justice League. I'm not down with that. I'm just so tired of heroes like Wonder Woman being left in the dust. If she doesn't get a solo movie before JL releases, count me out.

I really don't care to see another Batman series instead of Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. It's been a flippin' year!

I'm just assuming that they make a new Batman for the sake of a Justice League/World's Finest movie.

Maybe after the mediocre MOS reviews

tumblr_lraaxmcf3m1qafrh6.gif

GODDAMNIT...

I cant lie. Im friggin crushed. Ill accept it in a few minutes though :csad:...but i have to let go what could have been.

So Bale is done, forever. The one cool scenario i had in my head of a retired Bruce Wayne being contacted by Kal-El..with a veteran Batman coming out of retirement to lead the Justice League to protect the planet, while staying out of Gotham for good.....

ALL down the drain. And im sure World's Finest is too.

Well, it's been good guys. Maybe i should be typing this in Rumor/Bale thread. But me, IAmTheBatman (who's going to freak when he finds out), Great Mind(s), Rodrigo, Dusty, The Batman (who's banned), Llama and the others who represented the Bale returning concept....we f'n lost :funny:.

Shikamaru, Travesty, everybody basically...you win. You bastards!!

That was supposed to be a joke! I actually wrote it down in my diary and then laughed about it later on!
:hehe:

I really hope we finally get that grounded Batman that fits into the MoS universe...

I expected this, but am taking a lot harder than I thought I would. It's like that time I spent $11 to see Iron Man fight Trevor...

I really hope we finally get that grounded Batman that fits into the MoS universe...

I expected this, but am taking a lot harder than I thought I would. It's like that time I spent $11 to see Iron Man fight Trevor...

I can't wait to find out who this mysterious bat-creature in Gotham City is! What an interesting new character! I wonder what his origin is this time? I also hope we get a new Gordon like Bryan Cranston who grows a more comic accurate mustache as opposed to Gary Oldman. Psh.

How do they even consider it a crossover if Batman is going to be introduced in JL or WF? That's not crossing over anything. It's making Batman a supporting character to Superman. Would there even be talk of Justice League if TDK movies didn't come out like less than a year before MOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"