Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think the rewrite took long to do? If it wasn't a complete rewrite, then it wouldn't have taken long to complete at all. There was no additional shooting because they hadn't began shooting yet. Things might have been added to the script beforehand, but they were in the script by then and were shot on time. Also, most of the action sequences were CGI and Snyder was working on them as he went along filming so they wouldn't be a time issue.

You're assuming that the rewrites were quick. There's nothing to indicate that they were, but then there's nothing to indicate that they weren't either.

But that is besides the point, my point was that because of the rewrites (which reportedly expanded action sequences in general and definitely the third act) the required shooting schedule was made longer than originally anticipated (not to mention the corresponding post production time), thereby pushing back the production by six months.

Last edited:
You're assuming that the rewrites were quick. There's nothing to indicate that they were, but then there's nothing to indicate that they weren't either.

But that is besides the point, my point was that because of the rewrites (which reportedly expanded action sequences in general and definitely the third act) the required shooting schedule was made longer than originally anticipated (not to mention the corresponding post production time), thereby pushing back the production by six months.
The rewrites never explained what they involved. The added/expanded action sequences could have been put in there long before they happened.

The rewrites never explained what they involved. The added/expanded action sequences could have been put in there long before they happened.

You're still not getting my point. :)

Regardless of who did the rewrites, when they happened or what exactly they entailed, the point is that they resulted in additional shooting and post production.

And therefore, this whole process, at least in part caused the production to be pushed back/extended by six months.

You're still not getting my point. :)

Regardless of who did the rewrites, when they happened or what exactly they entailed, the point is that they resulted in additional shooting and post production.

And therefore, this whole process, at least in part caused the production to be pushed back/extended by six months.

I am getting your point, and I'm saying that the rewrites did not cause additional shooting because it hadn't begun yet. If it was already in the script by the time they shot, it wasn't additional. If they didn't have to go back after they were done filming to shoot the scenes, it wasn't additional. The rewrites are not responsible for the delay, but if you think that, cool.

I was just reading a page in the internet and the guy was saying that to do a JLA movie justice they would need to make it so massive that the cost would go for 500 mill or more. And that of course no one would like to put that much money on a gamble. BUt I see it that the masses and specially the kids will go see the JLA and if the movie is so good that needs multiple viewings they will make their investment and then some.

Let's just agree to disagree :)

All right.

hF8BD2B4C

• Darren Aronofsky is being lined up as the next helmer of WB's Batman franchise that will spin off from the Justice League movie.

• After his completion of Noah, and Justice League is released, RUMOUR within WB is that Aronofsky will helm "The Batman," which will be loosely based on the original Arkham Asylum game where Batman is locked in the crazy house full of villains he put there.

• Nothing at all is concrete at this point, but now that Kevin Tsujihara has been named CEO, things will certainly get moving forward.

• The Justice League movie still has a 2015 release, but more realistic is 2016, which means "The Batman" will get pushed back to 2017.

• Speaking of the Justice League movie, David Goyer is rumored to be either consulting on or polishing Will Beall's first draft.

CosmicBookNews

It'll be a hit for one simple reason; 3D. Why do you think WB pushed so hard against Snyder and Nolan to convert it to 3D?

They want to launch the DC universe but Man of Steel has got to make bank. Considering how big 3D has taken off internationally in the last 3 years, it's almost a given that it'll be big.

Alice In Wonderland and Dark of the Moon both made a billion dollars worldwide. It wasn't because they were good films. 3D pushed those films to the billion dollar mark.

Not saying Man of Steel is going to make a billion but considering how great Snyder is with the visuals and the combination of a long post-production schedule and a long converted 3D schedule, the visuals alone will push Man of Steel to 800 million worldwide.

Let the film be really excellent, in terms of audience and critic reaction, it'll hit a billion worldwide easy.

We had three films last year that grossed a billion dollars, one of which would have crossed the mark without the 3D easily. The thing they all had in common was that they were good movies first and foremost.

• Darren Aronofsky is being lined up as the next helmer of WB's Batman franchise that will spin off from the Justice League movie.

• After his completion of Noah, and Justice League is released, RUMOUR within WB is that Aronofsky will helm "The Batman," which will be loosely based on the original Arkham Asylum game where Batman is locked in the crazy house full of villains he put there.

• Nothing at all is concrete at this point, but now that Kevin Tsujihara has been named CEO, things will certainly get moving forward.

• The Justice League movie still has a 2015 release, but more realistic is 2016, which means ''The Batman'' will get pushed back to 2017.

• Speaking of the Justice League movie, David Goyer is rumored to be either consulting on or polishing Will Beall's first draft.

CosmicBookNews

Note the disclaimer and ambiguous tone in this article. :dry:

Think its a mistake for WB to "wait and see".

People will put their asses in the seats to see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in a single film.

Agreed. But it is the vast cost and the potential risk that's probably making them a little unsure.

Think its a mistake for WB to "wait and see".

People will put their asses in the seats to see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in a single film.

They still need to make sure the story and script is epic and not campy and the right talent such as the director and his crew is involved so they can recruit and hire good actors for the JL film.

• The Justice League movie still has a 2015 release, but more realistic is 2016, which means "The Batman" will get pushed back to 2017.

CosmicBookNews

All good news IF true....:word:

I dont trust that, but if it's true, id be extremely happy! Goyer SHOULD polish Beall's script no doubt.

A Batman movie with the Arkham Asylum concept? Sign me up. Darren Aronofksy? Sign me the **** up!

Agreed. But it is the vast cost and the potential risk that's probably making them a little unsure.

Every big budget flick that comes out faces this same risk. WB needs to grow a pair, hire some quality talent and get to work. Marvel didn't achieve their success by playing 'wait and see'.

I dont trust that, but if it's true, id be extremely happy! Goyer SHOULD polish Beall's script no doubt.

A Batman movie with the Arkham Asylum concept? Sign me up. Darren Aronofksy? Sign me the **** up!

That is from Cosmic Book News. Don't believe a word from it.

Ohh i know, i know. But it still sounds great. It's too bad it's coming from those morons.

Well the Aronofsky/Arkham stuff was something Gilberg said they were kicking around at WB. So they're stealing **** too. :o

If Noah does well, they'll be after Aronofsky before any other director. But that movie is about a year away.

David Goyer should absolutely polish Beall's script. And then someone can rewrite Goyer's work. It'll be three times as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"